Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

cuttings in water

scamie

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
23 Mai 2006
hello everybody,
I took some cuttings from my motherplant and placed them in water. But after like two weeks, there still are no roots visible at the stems. The cutting are made just above a node . So it has a long stem and a node at the top.
did i do it correct or.....??? :?

Maru

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Sept 2006
If you are speaking about Salvia, then it may be normal to not see something after only 2 weeks. Small roots may appear after 3 or 4 weeks. However it may also happens that nothing appear and the stem will just rot :? My first cutting did nothing but the next ones growed well. Maybe it was due to the place where I place them... or just a matter of luck.
Anyway you can wait two weeks more before worrying :wink:

Ilian

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Fev 2006
in my own exerience you should put the right in some wet soil and keep the soil from drying out. after 2 weeks you will see the small leaves growing bigger..

Maru

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Sept 2006
Bombski,
I also tried one time to put a cutting in soil. It survived but it required a lot of care (weting leaves several time a day). While cuttings in water are nice after few hours of adaptation. The trick is to put a plastic bag above the cutting so the humidity level stay high.