Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

curious about a mix

P

Pooka

Invité
i'm sorry if this should've gone in the shrooms category, but since it deals with multiple drugs, i thought it'd be safer in here

i was wondering if anyone knew about the effects or dangers of mixing mushrooms with heroin. i thought it would be wise to consult some more knowledgable people before actually doing this mix and i'm hoping at least one of you will have an answer for me. the quanities i was thinking of were an 1/8 of shrooms and just a pack of heroin

thanks in advance

DrDreez

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
26 Juin 2005
Don't do heroin man! It's your own choice but i'm not giving any advice on that.

Snapinho

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
22 Sept 2004
:iconhead: :sick:
what in heavens name do you expect out of a mix like this? i'm pretty sure combining the two won't have any desirable synergetic effect, if it isnt dangerous...

svandamme

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
14 Mar 2005
silliest thing i ever heard

heroin is an escape drug...
tryptamines are just the oposite...

if normal shrooms don't do it for you , then you either eat more of em , or look for lsd. that'll sort you out and wash out the silly ideas like this one

Snapinho

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
22 Sept 2004
or try some nitrous oxide while you're at it. might launch you into even higher spheres. but heroin and psilocybin? me thinks its a big NONO! :puke:

aynama

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
15 Juin 2005
ha, fuck heroin! with mushrooms, maybe ganja, and then 100-200 morning glories, and if you are still up, yes find some acid, then if you are STILL on this planet, eat two dried amanita muscarias, then you could look for some ganja again.

:cool2:
that should do it. just keep away from needles and bad downers. just an advice. you don't see many old heroinists around.

esin

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
1 Nov 2004
blah.gif

You're all preaching to the choir. He probably knows all that stuff by heart.

All drugs are deep down a form of escapism, like literature and TV and sport.
As much as we rationalize its use or derive long term benefits off them, they are still a form of escapism.

It all comes down to choice, information and responsibility. If he knows the risks of partaking in that particular drug (which he prolly does) than it's his own choice and we shouldn't judge it.

I don't know one single person that doesn't use escapism in one way or another. The question is how safe is that particular form of escapism. Heroine is not a safe one in terms of addiction but we cannot make the choice for him. We can preach all that we want but if in his mind he is going to do H, he's going to do H regardless.

Especially if we approach it with the 'my drug is better than yours' attitude.

Cut the pharma-moralist crap, we've all had enough of that from our governments. If you have pertinent info or advise to give, by all means do so. But posting to say "heroin's bad, mmmkay?" is useless.

---

As for the original question:

There should be no synergy, potentiation or harmful interaction between heroin and psilocybin.

Tryptamines + opiates in not an unsafe combo.
But personally i don't understand why would someone want to mix both. They have opposite effects, the heroin will dull the mushroom trip and the shrooms will take away the blissful worry-less opiate state.

One is a mind manifesting drug, the other is a mind numbing euphoriant. They will cancel each other.

If you have to do the heroin wait for the day after the trip or at least till you're coming down.

And please be careful and extremely moderate with that stuff. Opiate addiction will creep up on you without you never knowing. Than when you notice it, you'll have a huge thirsty violent gorilla behind your back that'll keep demanding his fix over and over again.

voodoochild

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
24 Juin 2005
I dont wanna talk shit, i never took heroin, and i will never do. And i know that its possible to justify anything, if youre smart enough. But i live in hamburg, and everytime i am at the Main trainstation, i see that people with dirty clothes, filthy hair, and arms full of bloody holes. So i just can say: stay away from that crap. I have never known anybody, who could handle it.

DrDreez

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
26 Juin 2005
me neither.

aynama

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
15 Juin 2005
yeap. sorry to sound preachy. i guess i was worrying about od. that gremlin looming there, maybe never happens, but why gamble

solid

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
18 Mar 2005
What about when you have a bap trip? Can't you use opium to calm you down when you start freaking or something?

svandamme

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
14 Mar 2005
from what i read so far in several books on lsd, they recommend thorazine for truly bad trips

but the literature seems to tell that thorazine will only immobalize the subject, it does not end the bad trip

so as far as opiates, not sure , they aren't mentioned , but my guess is , it won't work either at least not with a really heavy psychedelic dose... like i said , just a guess, and i don't think it's worth testing

1 who's gonna administer it ?
chances are , that during a bad trip, somebody giving you something , would have to force administer it , since obviously during that bad trip , you won't listen to reason
( i wouldn't trust anyone to load me on opiates while i'm sober , let alone in the depths of a bad trip , i'de probably think they're trying to poison me...witch wouldn't be far from the truth either )

and self dosing while in a bad trip...eehm no, bad idea , you can't even think reasonable, last thing you want is OD'ing due to impaired judgement

bad trip is not the worst thing in the world, just make sure you have a trip sitter for heavy trips, to keep you out of harms way... for the rest, ride it out , that's your only option

i think it's important to realize that psychedelics aren't a recreational type of drugs, it's not about feeling funny , and as such they need to be treated with respect, there are no shortcuts... i think anyone on this board , who has gone the distance on something heavy will be able to confirm this...

skoeip

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
19 Nov 2004
Isnt it so that a lot of heroin adicts are mental patients? and use heroin to supres their psychosises? so maybe opiates could have a positive efect on a bad trip? but a good amount of alcohol does the trick also, the only problem is that some people become to paranoid to take even the smalest sip of anything.

svandamme

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
14 Mar 2005
eeh , yes and no

if you're a serious addict, then going cold turkey will probably evoke some form of psychosis, you could get the fear, or something else, all and all not pleasant

in those cases, falling off the wagon , aka retoxing will clear those withdrawel symptoms ... fixes the symptoms , not the root cause ( you beeing a junky )

other cases , probably the drug use started with some mental issues to begin with , depression , borderline syndrome or what not... and heroine beeing a very effective escape drug ... provides an escape to the problems... but no permanent solution

now if opiates would be a feasable antipsychotic cure, then i would think that anyone coming out of the looney house, would have a serious smack or morphine or any other opiate addiction... but i've never heard this to be the case

must admit , i don't work in social care , or health care , so i'm guestimating based on me beeing an insomniac who spends way to much time reading irrelavant sjit on the web and in books

can't find any clue that antipsychotics would be based on opiates...but if anybody works for a pharmacy , please let us know...

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
Has anyone of you watched "Naked Lunch"???
It's kind of a "biography" of William Burroughs, the beat poet who had a heroine addiction for many years, then tried to quit by going to the jungle taking yopi with the indians (natural dmt snuff). Seems quite psycho to me - even he said himself that heroine was a boring, escapist drug with no mystical background to it...

Although I've never tried heroine (only milder opiates like valoron and tramadol) I think that any opiate only takes away the magic of a shroom trip. Some LITLLE speed, coke or alcohol might enhance a trip - any bigger amount will only lessen the psychological experience.
On the other hand, being drunk and then eating a smaller amount of shrooms is very funny (it's not a shroom trip, but a pepped-up drunkenness). Maybe this could work with opiates as well?

from what i read so far in several books on lsd, they recommend thorazine for truly bad trips
I don't know about thorazine but I know that alcohol helps a lot. Weed seems to help some people but it's bad for others (like myself - I can't touch weed on lsd or shrooms or I go psycho...)

Brakkie

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
29 Juil 2005
Heroin and Shrooms won't give you any possitive effects...I haven't found anyone on Erowid of mixing shrooms with Heroin.

About the Bad Trip. You can soften up and maybe even end a mushroom trip with sugar. So if you're trippin to hard just go eat candybars with lots of sugar or drink tea with loads of sugar...

skoeip

Inscrit
19 Nov 2004
well that devenitly doesnt works for me :p i think the sugar is some kind of placebo effect :p becaus a friend of me became even more paranoid after taking some sugar.

Brakkie

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
29 Juil 2005
lol might be a sugar overdose :lolwsign:

Nah well when I just eat loads of sugar (in the night when I want to stay up) I can get paranoid sometimes too... But that's just the setting for example: watching a horror movie at 3 AM in a room where all the lights are shut off :lolwsign:

RoyalBlood

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
19 Nov 2004
opium (morphin,diacetylmorphin,tilidin,codein...etc...) works perfect to beat a bad-trip...

....oh :bricks: all the Opium-types are bad, realy BAD....

but will bring you down and "calm" away the magic...

Snapinho

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
22 Sept 2004
yeah, the black magic that is ;)

btw: is that sugar story an urban myth or what? i always believed in it but never really really checked it cause there was no need. and when i was tripping, well , i obviously didnt wanna take the risk. at the end of the trip we usually eat a LOT and then we get tripped pretty fast, but if that's due to the sugar breaking down the psilocybin-derivates ( ? ) or because i haven't eaten for so long.. i dunno.

anyone?