Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

coincidence

Caduceus Mercurius

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Define coincidence.

gammagoblin

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Mai 2007
CaduceusMercurius a dit:
Define coincidence.
Damn.. that's hard to do :p I tried to define it but I had to come to the conclusion coincidence doesn't exist for there are always motives behind everything. For example, you meet a friend who you haven't seen in a long time, on the street. Of course you can say, no coincidence you two meet eachother for you both had a reason to go out on the street. But what I mean more is that if these kinds of things happen for a reason, a lesson to be learned or something.

I'll post my view on this, I don't believe coincidence exists at all, I have had some pretty bizarre meetings with people I haven't seen in a long time which turned out to be really good for my development, so I'd like to believe these things had to happen. But it's still you who has to do something with these things, so it's up to you if you decide it's coincidence or not.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
it exists, as a figment of your imagination, thus your mind, saying this or that is a coincidence, is doing nothing more than trying to find a connection between the two events it had previously been observing.

in reality, coincidences, are mostly multiple events that do have a connection, yet it often remains unclear for the observer, what the real connection is.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
coincidence or plan ?

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
In that case the question might be: synchronicity, is it real?

I really don't know. Certainly the meaning we ascribe to some seemingly synchronous events may be nothing but figments of our own imagination. But weird things do happen.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Shit happens.

Coincidence is when two events happen at the same time. It is everywhere. What I think you are referring to is chance, because you are attaching 'meaning' to the equation. Is 'chance' real or do things happen for a reason?

Would it matter?

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Chance or plan ?

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
^What are you trying to say?

I'm a hardhead when it gets to dilemma's.

ProStoner

Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
I just use the word coincedence because I have no idea how else to describe this thing that happens

its just a word for a moment, but this moment that calls itself coincedence does happen, U experience it so that makes it pretty real to me.

I put great value in this moment because I always get excited when it happens, it adds more value to my life and it gives me a feeling of "something more out there" eventhough it could be "just" coincedence

I always thought that my life was full of these moments, every day they happen to me
but there are also theories about, that we ourselves create these moments, we look for things consciously and unconsciously that we can add up and see as coincedence

for example i've been haunted by this number for years now and that number is 2222
I often see it as time, even now as i`m typing its 14:22 am
but I also see it in scores with games and in every other way this number can appear, even people who know me get confronted with this number when i`m not around, and it always links somehow to me

like my friend went to get gas for his car, and he had to pay 22,22 euro's
and the cassier name was on the ticket and it was: Robin ( which is my real name)

I was standing at the cassier in the Albert Hein( supermarket) and a guy in front of me had to pay 22,22
and I still don't know why I see this number so often
because even consciously or unconsciously some of these moments were just to far stretched for me to have had any influence on them

and I am open minded enough to believe that there actually really is something with this number
but we all know the stories and movies about people going insane over things like this

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
You could believe in coincidence or in a plan (a divine force or something) .
In the end it doesn't matter, because like I said whatever happens, happens.

That's all I know.
What's left is speculation.

gammagoblin

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Mai 2007
magickmumu a dit:
You could believe in coincidence or in a plan (a divine force or something) .
In the end it doesn't matter, because like I said whatever happens, happens.

That's all I know.
What's left is speculation.
Yeah, that's also all I know, and I like to speculate :p

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
I used to like speculation.

Maybe it is part of the process....

gammagoblin

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Mai 2007
Forkbender a dit:
I used to like speculation.

Maybe it is part of the process....
so there it is :p coincidence doesn't exist. It's all a part of the process :roll:

What process are you talking about if I may ask? The process of exploring yourself?

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
the process of laying a blueprint over reality and thus "reflecting over reality"???

the more eminent question regarding coincidences and synchronicty would be: is everything connected with everything else at any place and at any time ???

and does everything influence everything else and vice versa by more subtle connections, than we might be able to observe???

peace.

gammagoblin

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Mai 2007
BrainEater a dit:
the process of laying a blueprint over reality and thus "reflecting over reality"???

the more eminent question regarding coincidences and synchronicty would be: is everything connected with everything else at any place and at any time ???

and does everything influence everything else and vice versa by more subtle connections, than we might be able to observe???

peace.
My answer to those questions would be yes, and that's why I started this topic. Because the "interconnectedness with everything" could try to tell you something with these events.