Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

"bookmarking" a feeling?

sopor

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
i came to an idea that i should be able to "bookmark" a feeling and also to recall it later.

i guess there are various forms of meditation or magick techniques to do it.

are you familiar with any?
share, please.

st.bot.32

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
not quite sure, but when there is a feeling i really want to remember I generally associate it with something concrete like a place, a time, a visual, an atmosphere. the problem is in rekindling the memory after a while i am simply remembering the act of remembering, lessening the effect.

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
Google "anchor, psychology etc", and you will find a lot of techniques how to do this.

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Do lots of cactus. What is discovered and seen, stands for evermore.

JustinNed

Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
Completly off topic, but Brug always gots the best pics. :)

Pez

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
10 Avr 2008
mysticwarrior a dit:
I have bookmarked it ;)
Good call. That article inspired a whole new part of my life when I first found it a few years back. I started doing yoga and researching what might be known about chakras and the effects of whatever drugs. I would love to be able to do these kinds of experiments, but, of course, it's hard to come by really any kind of synthetic drugs nowadays and know for sure its purity. Doubly so with MDMA, unfortunately. Unless you make it yourself. :p

Just waiting till it's legal again I guess. :roll:

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
not quite sure, but when there is a feeling i really want to remember I generally associate it with something concrete like a place, a time, a visual, an atmosphere. the problem is in rekindling the memory after a while i am simply remembering the act of remembering, lessening the effect.
associations are very strong. I sometimes sit somewhere and suddendly an image/memory flashes through my mind like boom. Freaky. Especially with MUSIC, when I hear a song sometimes I see something or I feel something old.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
why would you want to bookmark something that is fleeting?

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
To unfleetify it ?

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
GhostlyOne17 a dit:
Then again a bareley know anything about that.... besides the fact I was diagnosed with it somehow.

well isn't that more evidence for the doctors not even having a clear idea of what they have labeled as a disease. i as well don't know what it is, if i try to imagine a person with it i think about Russell Crowe in that movie about John Nash. it's like an umbrella term for when a person is apparently healthy except for that they no longer work like normal humans as perceived by the doctors.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I have these!
Here are few wayss they come about to me.

Songs: Usually if I listen to any song, there was once a feeling I got from the song that is unlike any other.

I remember the first time I listened to the song, what the sky looked like, what temperature it was, and what I thought the song was about, and the feeling comes right back. Oh god this is one of the favorite things I can do :)

Relate your feeling to something, a picture, a song, a smell, a word.
I remember once going winter camping, and I was in the woods very very high under some trees, and I looked back at my friend, and he looked so small.
The trees were so huge, powerful, I felt respect, and emotion of empathy for earth. I remember this by a simple picture, my friend small, and two large trees at his side.

I don't think this is what you mean but I thought I'd give some imput.

By the way... I was temporarily schizophrenic during my higschool senior year... I was reaching the point of actual visual hallucinations ( I could feel them coming on... but I would usually shut my brain off quick enough before falling in that hole.)
It went from complete depersonaliztion to paranoia to paranoid schizo phrenia, luckily I realized I was creating a self-fulfilling prophecy in my thoughts of going crazy so I stopped the cycle...
Just thought I'd say that too since you guys said something about it.

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
IJesusChrist a dit:
By the way... I was temporarily schizophrenic during my higschool senior year... I was reaching the point of actual visual hallucinations ( I could feel them coming on... but I would usually shut my brain off quick enough before falling in that hole.)

It went from complete depersonaliztion to paranoia to paranoid schizo phrenia, luckily I realized I was creating a self-fulfilling prophecy in my thoughts of going crazy so I stopped the cycle...

Just thought I'd say that too since you guys said something about it.

Well this says a lot about your bad experiences on psychedelics.....

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
:lol: yeah it's been a rough year and a half. Its kind of cool though that it happened that way. I'm glad I pulled out when I did though. :?