Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

any tips to grow faster?

sidefx

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
9 Nov 2007
is there any tips out there on helping cacti grow alittle faster.
fertilizers ??
i nkow its probly not the best thing to push the old cactus but im well impatient.
any one tried Brassinolide, the plant steroid.

sidefx

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
9 Nov 2007
i love u guys, this site rox my sox lol

meme

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
26 Août 2008
Seriously, miracle-grow speeds along growth.

Sticki

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
13 Sept 2007
You dont want to consume chemical plant steroid...

Its best to keep to organic ferterliser and grafting in my opinion, Chemical ferterliser doesnt facilitate for all aspects of plant growth. Organic ferterliser has enzymes and other unique compounds that help to produce a better smelling, looking and tasting plant which can only mean that it is working to its highest production rate in all other area's. Just becuase something is big doesnt mean its full of goodness :)

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
Depends on what cacti you want to grow faster: Grafting is useful for slow growing cacti like peyote - but as a grafting base, people often use the trichocereus species because these are the fastest growing cacti in the world. So, if you have a San Pedro cactus, it is already as fast as any cactus will ever grow. Nothing can speed that up.

hulkpolliceverde

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
8 Sept 2010
you can use fertilizer poor in nitrogen like (2-3%). Nitrogen slows down cacti and succulents growth!
sorry for my bad english
ciao!
Hulk

Ultima

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
27 Déc 2007
hulkpolliceverde a dit:
you can use fertilizer poor in nitrogen like (2-3%). Nitrogen slows down cacti and succulents growth!
sorry for my bad english
ciao!
Hulk

100% false. i was feeding my KK242 peruvian torch using the exact same soil, same lighting, once i added a 20%N fertalizer, within 4 days it was almost 2X as fat. (i noticed a considerable difference in rate of growth (the distance between spikes was longer, where usually that means the cacti grows skinnier, which was not the case))

hulkpolliceverde

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
8 Sept 2010
100% false ?i don't think so, ALL cacti and succulents plant fertilazers are poor in N

MrCactus

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
31 Oct 2009
hulkpolliceverde a dit:
sorry for my bad english
ciao!
Hulk
Nitrogen (N) stimulates the growth of Cacti and other plants.

Few Nitrogen (as in a Cactus fertilizer: N-P-K = 5-15-25) stimulates the growth less
than a normal fertilizer (N-P-K = 20-20-20).
So it indeed slows down the growth in comparison with normal fertilizers !

scaltro

Inscrit
17 Avr 2010
sorry if I speak. nitrogen should be used sparingly in the fertilization of the cacti, it makes the plant grow faster, but it becomes very weak to face the winter. for fertilization of the cacti are good fertilizer with high potassium and phosphorus, these help to Lignify the plant's tissues, making it more resistant to disease and rot.
This can be a good fertilizer would be 1-2-3: 5-10-15 NPK.
p.s. sorry for the bad language

soap

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
17 Mai 2011
@ Scaltro...This sounds as if you speak from experience. Is this so?
If this is the case, would then using a high N fert make them grow faster with less lignin, if certain ones were to be harvested before winter(or, as here in southern cal, there isnt much of a winter). This may make for easier extraction, and more mass, ergo(possibly) more mescaline.(If it continues to produce alkaloids at the same rate)
Sorry, this seems a bit strange, and just thinking aloud. But this is interesting, and may warrant an experiment or two, as AFOAF lets nature do the work...

D

donilcruize

Invité
I think you need to keep this cacti at dry place. This will help in grow cacti faster.

frost458

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
2 Jan 2011
wow, so my NPK : 3%-5%-7% won't really speed up the growth of a san pedro?
I should use a 20-20-20 (they do not have to fear winter since they are in the same room as me)

would it hurt the plant if every time I watered it i'll add this fertiliser? (i'm watering my san pedro every 3 days)

scaltro

Inscrit
17 Avr 2010
I prefer not to fertilize my cacti, thus producing more mescaline.

frost458

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
2 Jan 2011
yes but if you plan to sell them, higher lenght equal higher profit.
I've looked at my local gardening store, the maximum is 6-6-6

scaltro

Inscrit
17 Avr 2010
you have to see the fertilizer granules, it has high nitrogen bonds.
But in this case we are not interested to sell but we are interested in eating them. :rolleyes:

MrCactus

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
31 Oct 2009
High nitrogen will produce long but weak cacti with a lot of water in it.
Hopefully it will not freeze there !