Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

a life worth living....

sprish

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
11 Déc 2008
I will be leaving my home shortly to live on my own in search of wild Enthogens... ill be leaving florida and heading east... PLease help me make a list of plants, mushrooms, frogs, cacti, ex... that i will be in search for... and if not east what direction would be better? this is my life... im gonna make the most of it... oh and what supplies do you think are Necessities in the wild... ty vm

user_1919

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
I would not recommend this unless you have knowledge of how to live in the wild...if that is what you are planning on doing. It takes a special skill to be able to live in the wild. You will die without proper training. Please re-think. Maybe go to school to learn how to live in the wild before.

peace & love

sprish

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
11 Déc 2008
im reciving this very training now... im not ready to leave yet... but you didnt answer my question... its not a matter if im leaving or not, its a matter of what to look for. iv made my mind up and im not gonna go looking for reandom plants to eat then die off next week... so do you know of the enthogens or not?

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
more importaint than supplies are skills. you will need a few survival skills if you want to live in the wilds. i recommend an survival skills course before you go. it will save a lot of frustration later.
equipment you will need:
shelter or something to make shelter. tent, tarpaulin or whatever
a way of making fire. a magnesium block and flint is best
an excellent knife. preferably 2
something to make water drinkable

if your living in an are with malaria, Lyme disease or whatever you will need to guard against that. getting ill in the wilderness is serious stuff

having lived in the hills for a few months at a time i recommend it.

sprish

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
11 Déc 2008
My father is a survivalist and he's going crazy with this obama / 2nd amendment crisis. so i think ill be equipped with a gun but if not what is a good hunting tool? oh and another more serious crisis... the Food shortage crisis! Ill be buying Heirloom seeds, 15,000 of em. that will last 7 years... but im not gonna put al my eggs in one backpack... what other food sources do you recommend... other than the enthogens :p which not one has been listed yet.

Jelleb

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
5 Déc 2008
i don't have any how-to-live-in-the-wild experience but i suggest trying it out for a few weeks/months?

Then go home and thing about what you have experienced, and if it's worth doing it for the rest of your life, consider looking for some tribe of where a shaman lives and gather some information from him? (if you're able to learn his language :p)

Peace, Love, Unity & Respect.
Jelle

sprish

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
11 Déc 2008
Exactly.... Does anyone know of any Shamanism society that would take a 18 year old white boy? besides that the main reason for this thread is to get a base list of enthogens to do research in...

Paracoculi

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
23 Juil 2007
lol

Well I don't think I would last long in the wild, and I don't know much to anwser your questions. But I do know of 2 books that might come in handy, but I can't imagine you would carry them around, the encyclopedia at least :p

-The SAS Survival Handbook (Paperback)
# ISBN-10: 0002171856
# ISBN-13: 978-0002171854

-The Encyclopedia of Psychoactive Plants: Ethnopharmacology and Its Applications (Hardcover)
# ISBN-10: 0892819782
# ISBN-13: 978-0892819782

That's all that popped up in my mind, and I own them both, but why?? :p

Good luck with surviving man!

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
sprish a dit:
Exactly.... Does anyone know of any Shamanism society that would take a 18 year old white boy? besides that the main reason for this thread is to get a base list of enthogens to do research in...

after 3 months in the wild you will look like an 80 year old indian

+1
the chapter on how to survive a nuclear blast if you are in the open
- "start digging"

something you will need is human contact. its very easy to go totaly hatstand on your own and not realise. social skills are skills and need to be practiced. the danger is you may shun human contact all together. its an importaint consideration

sprish

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
11 Déc 2008
Paracoculi a dit:

-The Encyclopedia of Psychoactive Plants: Ethnopharmacology and Its Applications (Hardcover)
# ISBN-10: 0892819782
# ISBN-13: 978-0892819782

Good luck with surviving man!
ty again exactly what im looking for... i guess the audiobook wouldnt help to uch out their... i can just see me now trying to listen to the audiobook in some dark woods ROFL... the books are much more efficient.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Ratsch's book is a bit heavy (3 kilos?) to be carrying around. Memorize it before you go out. 8)

sprish

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
11 Déc 2008
ok lets just say my survival skills are to par with what is to come... what about the Enthogens!!! im very interested in Ayahuasca but that is a south America exclusive... what do you think the possible outcomes would be if i went to south America looking for it...

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
you have to learn hands on. training, then you can use a book. youll most likely use the book for toilet paper, or an impromptu meal.

just getting enough to eat can be a full time job. the gun will help though
if you can eat enough, make a fire and most importaintly make shelter you will do ok. you will find exposure difficult to get used to. westerners dont deal with it too well

sprish

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
11 Déc 2008
What enthogens have you known to be found in north america... ill try that one... i really need answers for this one...if i had the book id read it...

sprish

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
11 Déc 2008
i herd that is more of a deliriant than a psychedelic... have you ever tried it?

Jelleb

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
5 Déc 2008
I think I'm going to try it at the very end of my life, when I've lived my life ;)

no offence mate, but i think you need a little more knowledge about plants and other stuff before going into the wild.

sprish

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
11 Déc 2008
its not like i dont know what plants are enthogens or not... iv spent plently of time wasting away at erowid... im just starting over, creating a new base of enthogens, with all my prior knowledge. iv gonna psilocybe hunting many times, and been successful plenty. so i know the names and what they are and what they do... its just a matter of getting a new list... a new plan of action... a new life...

Jelleb

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
5 Déc 2008
ok, sorry for what i've said then, and i wish you the best!

Adder

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
17 Mar 2008
sprish a dit:
My father is a survivalist and he's going crazy with this obama / 2nd amendment crisis. so i think ill be equipped with a gun but if not what is a good hunting tool? oh and another more serious crisis... the Food shortage crisis! Ill be buying Heirloom seeds, 15,000 of em. that will last 7 years... but im not gonna put al my eggs in one backpack... what other food sources do you recommend... other than the enthogens :p which not one has been listed yet.

I'd start with a good kit for long distance hiking then work from there for some other stuff that is less common because most hikers don't need it.

what is a good hunting tool

A good throwing club is one.I've knocked over a lot of rabbits with a club. It takes some practice but once you learn how to use it correctly it makes an excellent survival tool. If you know how to use it a sling is excellent but it takes years of practice to be proficient.

The gun is good but you will need a decent supply of ammo for it. Otherwise you will be stuck relying on civilization once in a while. Best gun would be an over/under .22/20 ga. Another good gun is a Charter Arms AR-7 Explorer. The AR-7 disassembles and stores in the gunstock. It's water proof and when stored will float. The AR-7 would be my personal choice but I can't recommend it over anything else unless I know how good you are. It's only a .22 cal. If you aren't an expert shot you might be best off with a shotgun. Can you hit a rabbit on the run with a .22? I don't mean get a lucky shot and hit one once in a while. I mean can you hit it almost every time no matter how fast it's moving and in brush.

If you know how to use one and make one as well as arrows a homemade bow is even better than a gun. You can make it and arrows from local materials and you will never need to purchase anything. The Native Americans made a big mistake when they adopted guns. It made it much easier to kill food but they were then reliant on the European settlers for ammo, repairs and replacement.

Someone already mentioned a magnesium fire starter. That's a good tool but I'd still learn how to make and use a bow drill fire starter. If you loose your magnesium starter you will be screwed but if you know how to start a fire with a bow drill you will never be without fire.

A good multi tool is almost a necessity. Don't skimp on quality. Get the best quality you can find. Also you will want a good hunting knife. Don't get the survival knife with the storage compartment in the handle. I've seen a lot of those break just in front of the handle. A belt knife is a good back up in case you loose your hunting knife. A hatchet or better yet an ax is another must have.

Fishing line, an assortment of hooks, sinkers and plenty of line. I'd make sure I use heavy fishing line. That way you can also use it for cordage for tying. Don't bother with a pole. They waste space and you aren't going to be fishing for sport. You can either cut a pole from a tree if you need the reach or if fishing right off a bank or rock in the middle of the stream just handle your line by hand. Also bring along a nice assortment of flies. You won't be going fly fishing but flies can also be fished by hand. I find smallmouth bass to love a fly dangled on a string.

Optional: Compass. I say it's optional because unless I'm aiming for a specific spot I have never needed a compass. If you can't walk a day and circle back around to within a hundred yards of where you started using dead reckoning then you will need a compass but of course if you can't do that I'd rethink long and hard about the whole plan.

Food sources:

Get used to insects. They are high in protein, fat and a bunch of minerals. Earthworms are great. You can carry them in a shirt pocket for most of a day and eat them or use them for bait. Learn how to strip the dirt from inside the worm before eating. Too many worms with dirt inside will make you ill.

I don't know how you are going to handle the local hunting laws. Remember you can still be prosecuted for poaching even if you are trying to survive. Do learn about edible plants specific for the area you are in. I can't suggest anything because there are different plants in different areas and lots of plants that will make you sick.

Your timing sucks. This isn't the time to go out and try to survive in the wilderness. It's the middle of winter and food is scarce even for wild animals. Unless you are one hell of a skilled hunter you are going to get quite hungry and possibly starve.

Whatever you do don't rely on rabbits 100% for survival. Rabbits are low fat and you will need fat. Forget the diet stuff. You will need fat and lots of it. A diet consisting of all rabbit won't supply enough fat for you to live on. It's called rabbit starvation and it kills even when you feel fully fed.

All in all I think you are looking at a very rough time by yourself in the wilderness. Even if you are taking lessons in survival, many of the techniques take a long time to develop and hone so that you are safe out there. Your best bet is to learn now and practice with shorter stays in the wild before just setting out. I'd suggest putting your trip off by five or six years. In that time you just might be able to hack it if you keep studying and practicing.