Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Will you ever be done with psychodelics?

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I would like to say I'm done, but I may not be...

Do you have a plan to continually use?

Do you have a time/event that will make you stop?

HermesTrismegistus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
11 Mai 2010

No, last year i really did trip to much and since then i'll keep month's between a trip.

I don't know yet...

Greets and Love,
Hermes.

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
there will be quite a lot of trips in my future I think. I don't know if I'm ever going to stop, and it doesn't really matter right now. there probably will be a point at which I won't see the need to do psychedelics anymore, or I'll grow tired of it, just like it happened with weed - not that I completely stopped, once in a month or so I smoke some.

"if you got the message, hang up the phone."

I'll never, however, stop walking the spiritual path, it's just too rewarding. psychedelics skyrocket you into spheres of consciousness that one didn't know before, but you can go to most places by non-chemical means as well (yoga and meditation for example), with greater long lasting effects because you do it more often. it just takes way longer. I like psychedelics for they give me a big overview and remove the filters that hindered me to see.
you may know the feeling, after you've taken a psychedelic and think you've woken up once and for all and after a few weeks most of it is gone already. it's just not enough to take a chemical.

yourownworld

Psycho disparu·e
Inscrit
22 Juin 2006
I've had a few years with many trips, (more than 60 mush/lsd trips in a period of 3 yers) , but now I feel like it doesn't bring me the same ... I will keep on using them , but I think I don't need more than 3-5 trips a year, maybe later I will do more, but not the coming years

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
I don't think so, mostly because psychedelics are crossing point (for me at least). Once you cross that line of consciousness, you understand how much depth there is in this existence, and to give it up out of fear is weakness. The only possibility would be if I lost respect for the substances and went to abuse them/using them out of boredom, but I think I'm too old to get to the point. So I guess my life really is a trip.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
BananaPancake a dit:
you may know the feeling, after you've taken a psychedelic and think you've woken up once and for all and after a few weeks most of it is gone already.

That is the reason I take them... Motivation, even if temporary.. I can build upon it's initial rocket.

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
you never know what can happen in the future
At the moment i have no plans to stop using psychedelics.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
good way to deal with your fears... i find it rather useful to have a tool, which can help you see what doors you have opened and what doors you may yet (want to) be opening..

McAllister

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
30 Juil 2008
I certainly plan to continually use for now. Whenever I start to lose my motivation for doing my meditation and my yoga I need my psilocybin to restore it to me. Every few months or so I seem to lose the will to carry on with my gnostic practices and psilocybin always manages to give it back to me by giving me a glimpse of what I'm working towards. I'll be taking my occasional dose of psilocybin for as long as I am medically able to.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Brain eater, to make it obvious, I'm not responding to your negative comments anymore, or your passive aggressiveness. When you set your bias aside, I'll return to conversation.

McAllister a dit:
I certainly plan to continually use for now. Whenever I start to lose my motivation for doing my meditation and my yoga I need my psilocybin to restore it to me. Every few months or so I seem to lose the will to carry on with my gnostic practices and psilocybin always manages to give it back to me by giving me a glimpse of what I'm working towards. I'll be taking my occasional dose of psilocybin for as long as I am medically able to.

I think this is a pretty good approach, as far as I'm concerned - although my motivation is pretty normalized and has been for a while, so I haven't had an urge.

Sprax

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
30 Juin 2009
IJesusChrist a dit:

Well there is no plan but I suppose I would stop if I didn' feel any motivation to continue. Right now my main motivation is epxloration. If there is nothing to explore, there is no reason to keep going. This may change of course.

Things that would make me stop? Perhaps something that would create practical difficulties, such as having a family etc - which btw is faaaar away in the future.

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
IJesusChrist a dit:
it's not a "plan" in the way i think of plans, but, i do plan on using them as spiritual guides for a very long time. too many insights and unplifting feelings for me to ever consider erasing from my life. who knows, maybe i will reach a point where the insights that i have are profound enough in regular waking life that i do not need the substance anymore. of course, i would imagine in such a state, that THEN would be the IDEAL time to do such things (take psychedelics)... :lol:

IJesusChrist a dit:

my first face to face encounter with death (literally, not just in the sense of ego death[which i also had, about a half hour later...]) while tripping on 7 grams of cubensis really made me consider using anymore, and in fact, i have not eaten any amount greater than 1 gram, nor have i had any other psychedelic substances since. but i have not gained a fear of the substance, it's more like i now hold a reverance so high for the substance that i woud NEVER even consider "just taking" some on a whim. NEVER AGAIN. if i am to use now, the timing must be optimal, never forced. drop all plans and reformulate if something goes awry. i pay close attention to astrology now, and i see how it applies to everyone, so my next big trip, other than a gram or so, would only be at a time where the planets and all of our interactions favored the nature of those kind of insights.
thank you for asking

Supervixen

Inscrit
5 Fev 2009
I think I may stop someday... when I want to. No. It will not even have to be a choice, it's just that maybe, I won't feel like taking stuff anymore. I will just... stop thinking about it, stop wanting it (needing it ?)
My question to myself is : if I ever feel fed up with drugs, will it be with "simple drugs" (like uppers or heroin), or on the contrary, psychedelic drugs ? Psychedelics are way more intersesting, but there's not that "come back to me, you'll feel good and you KNOW IT" taste with them (as for me).
Jeez, I don't know. Time only will say.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I think I may never stop DMT,

although anything lasting any longer may cause me to question ingestion

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
i never thought i would until recently
my last couple of acid trips have been confusing and a little harsh (arent they all though?) but the harshness seems uncalled for and without reason and the confusion makes everything uncomfortable, more so than usual
even over the last week or 2 just smoking pot (and i've been a smoker for about 7 years) has been giving me some shitty anxiety and reaaallly heavy paranoia
to the point i thought i was coming down with paranoid schizophrenia or something
out of everytime i've done it in the past i've never had such bad trips on weed :(

i think i need to make some rather drastic changes in my life to overcome this

i never thought i'd quit but ive felt rather weak and fragile over the last couple weeks..

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Crimzen, sounds like what I was going through - It didn't really get any better. Kept getting worse.

I'd advise taking a long sober break bud.

Just my 2 cents.

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Simply; no.

But I had 1 gram of cubensis yesterday and in meditation it was sufficient to notice that if I should go over 3 grams again I wouldn't learn something new (I already got the message) and neither I'd have that wake up perception again which I clearly experienced after my very first dissoluted identity experience. I actually tried to get that several times again in vain, which landed me in shroom experiences which drove me to the edge of utter mental discomfort. I don't like the sedation, the absence of logic and that friggin' irritating low blood pressure.

I have known LSD, even though I think the vibrations and energy are still grand, I may use it again, but it's nothing new anymore. And it has no spirit like plant components have.

I really love San Pedro, to me it has all elements and it gets me exactly there where I want to be. Serene, placid, translucent, bright, dreamy, erotic, euphoric and a long duration with a relative long come down which comforts me because there's plenty of time to perceive beauty with patience without the fear of falling into sobreity. And it's the only psychedelic that actually makes me feel I'm in my body.

DMT is also a good one, nice and brief, reminds me instantly what an integral shroom trip is and goes so beyond everything that it comforts despite the short flashing phases of immense fear. But the love and colours are so terrific that both with mescaline it'll be my ally for evermore. A quick reset without the risk of hours left that are only drifting.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Your last paragraph sums up what I hope to be long term for me. The other psychodelics with durations in multiple hours have me questioning their length in my life.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
adrianhaffner a dit:
the cactus has been calling for a while now. i hope i get the chance to meet it soon