Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Why not a joint?

Snyfin

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
28 Juil 2006
I've heard of people saying that smoking Salvia in a joint isn't the same as a bong or pipe. What are the major differences?

Can I still try a joint and get effects? :?:

moonie

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
28 Mai 2005
The difference is that when you smoke it with a bong you get enough salvia in your lungs for it to have effect.
When you try to smoke it in a joint you dont.It burns to slow for you to notice anything.
Thats why 1 good hit and holding it in as long as possible blasts you into a trip when a salvia joint cannot do such a thing.

Snyfin

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
28 Juil 2006
I don't really have access to a bong.

Do pipes work as well as bongs?

I could probably get a pipe, but not a bong.

Do glass pipes work well? :?:

What are your experiences??

Farenx

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
25 Juil 2006
I don't have a bong so I use a little metal pipe and it works fine. I'm sure a glass one would work too. Shorter the stem the less resin it will collect.
I've used a bong before but it's been a while.
A bong is much prefered since it cools the smoke and you can take more in.

G

Invité
The very important part is that you'll have to hold a flamme on the "mix" while inhalating, otherwise salvinorin A won't evaporize...

Farenx

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
25 Juil 2006
I've been smoking a bowl through a little pipe with a regular lighter. I still achieve affects from the plant, but this is dependant on my experience or lack there of. I could most likely intensify the experience with a jet lighter but that's too hot to be consumed in a small pipe. So bong it is. But this doesn't mean it's the same for the next person...

Kwarkfanaat

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
2 Jan 2006
Hey,

I don't think a Salvia joint will work out fine, as in giving any usefull effects. I usually use a small pipe and some sort of torch with a gas can under it. ;) This way the Salvia burns like a flower, but i can barely hold it longer than 20 sec. in my loungs... I also have a bong, but the holes in the part where I have to put the salvia in.. are too big for a Salvia extract.. so it would fall right through into the water. :(

Cheers

G

Invité
Kwarkfanaat a dit:
Hey,

I don't think a Salvia joint will work out fine, as in giving any usefull effects. I usually use a small pipe and some sort of torch with a gas can under it. ;) This way the Salvia burns like a flower, but i can barely hold it longer than 20 sec. in my loungs... I also have a bong, but the holes in the part where I have to put the salvia in.. are too big for a Salvia extract.. so it would fall right through into the water. :(

Cheers

Just find a coffee or smartshop near you that sells pipe screens.
It's a kind of metal screen with little holes in it, so the salvia stays in the bong.
If you have extract, just lay some ash in the screen so that the extract doesn't fall through the screen ;)

HeartCore

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Août 2004
It's a kind of metal screen with little holes in it, so the salvia stays in the bong.

Not sure if this is really important but I always understood that these pipescreens are coated with something and you want to remove that coating before smoking anything of it. To remove the coating, the quickest way is to hold the screen with a pair of plyers and then hold it in a blue flame, let it turn glowing red.

Kwarkfanaat

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
2 Jan 2006
Space-is-the-Place a dit:
Just find a coffee or smartshop near you that sells pipe screens.

Hey, that sounds appliable. :) I have such a small screen that I got with a small pipe that came with a ''Salvia starter pack'' from *******. Although that one is really too small, I'll try and find a larger one! Is it also true that with a bong I could use an ordinary lighter?

Thx in advance :) Cheers

Nathaniel

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
16 Jan 2006
I've been reading a lot of these "salviajoint" topics...and never saw an experience like mine...so here it is..
The first time I got salvia (5x extract) I wanted to smoke it in a joint first..Don't really know why...just to get familiar with the taste and maybe a little high,though I read that wasnt possible.
Still I have to say I did experrience a mild kind of spacy high...Kinda like the most minimal shroom high. This feeling held on for about 2 hours..But ofcourse the possibility of placebo effect is there.......
I rolled a very thin joint with give or take 50/50 salvia/tabacco

Meduzz

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
Kwarkfanaat a dit:
Hey,

Cheers

i use some regular salvia leaves that i put underneath the extract, so it doesn't fall trough the screen

kcar181

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
21 Août 2006
I use a homemade foil pipe and a normal lighter. It works.

ChaoticSerenity

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
25 Oct 2006
We used a dasani water bottle (filled with cold water about half way) poked a hole i the bottle about 3/4 up it, and another hole on the other side for the carb. Taped the cap (with a hole in it and foil lining it) upsuide down to the bottle and put a screen inside. We put in a pinch of the sacred herb and used one of those HUGE red lighters your mom uses to light the fireplace. Turned out spiffy! even decorated the bottle to honor lady salvia.

Haha, good time!

G

Invité
But I've never had any problems with putting salvia in a pure joint.
Works for me :D and it burns like crazy!
Maybe if it's a bit wet it doesn't smoke that well...