Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Why do I need so much ?

yourownworld

Psycho disparu·e
Inscrit
22 Juin 2006
Hi

there'se a question I never got an answer. It happens with any drugs (and prescription drugs too), I always need something like 3x the same dosage to get the same effect that "normal" people. for example :

-philosopher stones (fresh) : 40g for a good trip with some visuals
-hawaians (dried from sha..na) : 3 grams for a great trip (many visuals with closed eyes)

-dxm : 1200mg for a 2nd plateau
-nutmegs : 6 nuts for a cannabis-like trip

-xanax : 3mg to feel relaxed

does anyone here know what ? or does anyone here have the same problem?

lol I'm gonna try 5g of dried hawaians to see how far I can go (gonna write a lot and draw a lot too)

PS: if you've read huxley book, let me tell you I'm mostely cerebrotonic
and I'm not fat (60kg for 1.76m)

izmar

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
18 Déc 2004
I think there are many ways in to give explanations for your dosage situation. Here's some of the things I'm thinking of, but it's nothing concrete. Just want to give you some new starting points, if you hadn't thought of the following yet.

In many situations psychology plays a key role. This includes mind-set and the influence on your psychology or mind of the setting, including what people are surrounding you.

For many people it is important to have someone around, if they really want to let themselves go in normal dose-ranges. I see this as one of the many natural self-defense systems someone can have: you don't want to damage your body in the process of focusing on your mind, perception, inner space, spirit, etc.

It might also be a trauma or other experiences that have not been worked through by the person, which blocks you from entering states of mind in which you will be confronted with your history. I think this can also take place as a form of protection. Let me emphasize, though, that I *don't* try to say that everyone works like this and everyone will always be protected from hard experiences. It is simply one of the possibilities that something in your mind keeps you from psychonavigating, for whatever reason.

Also, your diet has a lot of influence on what a certain plant or compound triggers. There are many food philosophies around. You could dive into the ones you like and after trying things out you will have an ideosyncratic, you-based diet.

One established shamanistic diet, designed for undergoing plant-induced experiences, is based on unprocessed, organic, plant-based foods. You could do this for 3 days to a week before ingesting mushrooms, ayahuasca, LSD or another psychedelic or psychoactive compound. If you want to eat some fish or meat during this week, it's not a problem, but stick to a small amount on only 1 or 2 days, else the effect starts to wear of. Then one day during the diet take a compound on an empty stomach in a 'normal' dose and see if your sensitivity has increased. This is one of the ways to explore where your low sensitivity comes from.

Don't take it too seriously though. For example, John Lily has done very nice experiments with proteine based diets, involving >80% fish, meat and nuts. Basically, find something that you like and that gives you the feeling that it frees up body resources, so there is more energy available for your brain, rather than your digestive system. Some foods simply cost a lot of energy to digest and this varies from person to person in a lot of cases too.

Diet also works on the long run and influences your hormonal balance. I'm not an expert, but serotonin is an important hormone in the effects of psychedelics and everything consciousness and perception related. To make serotonin, you need certain nutrients (I think in the case of serotonin, tryptophan is one of the precursors we get from food like bananas). And to keep the part of the body that produces the serotonin happy, it needs a lot more than just the chemical precursors.

You probably have thought of several or most of these things yourself though, so I'm not sure if it is at all helpful. I just know by experience and from talking to a lot of psychonauts, several ayahuasqueros and reading the common books that your diet can be extremely influential on the outcome of a psychedelic endeavor.

buffachino

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
7 Juin 2007
I agree with the brain chemestry point; having enough 5H-T (seratonin) is essential (maybe go grab some 5-HTP caps from your local helth food store,works wonders for me). Dont overdo it on any volatile substance, alcahol or superfats like Maccas. Set and setting are allways important to both the trip and all that comes before and after. Finaly, you might not be ingesting your chosen substance fast enough or in quick enough succession to bring on optimal effects, dont keep upping the dose, just try to get it all in you as quickly as possible. For digestable substances, it also helps if you have an empty stomach and drink some suggary liquid, preferably soda because the bubbles of gas irritate your pyloric sphincter and gets the substance into your intestine for absorbtion much quicker.

Good luck anyhoo :)

izmar

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
18 Déc 2004
The soda for better absorption part is new to me. Have you established this through personal experience? Do you have any references? I'd be interested to hear more about it.

buffachino

Inscrit
7 Juin 2007
Well the 'soda' helps for two reasons.

A. The sugar helps with the drop in blood suggar during a mushrrom trip, reduces the negitive body effects.

B. The bubbles of gas from the carbonation irritate the wall of the stomach, effectivley making you pass matter more quickly into your intestine for it to be digested, thus speeding up the time for the psilocybin to kick in. Loading on water while the shrooms are still in your stomach also helps because of the volume, and thus increased pressure on the same system.

yourownworld

Psycho disparu·e
Inscrit
22 Juin 2006
thanks everybody :)
well I did my 5g-trip a week ago, It was a nice trip but it seem like I wasted it... I don't remember a lot, the drawing I made is ugly (too high dosage I guess, I usually make nice drawings on shroom), I didnt record my 2hours-psychedelic-monolog and don't even remember more than 3 sentences :S

I should've take two times 2.5g , I'm so frustrated to have ate more than 100eur at once without learning the psychedelic lesson and without drawing/writing something beautiful

peace

(I always eat mushrooms on empty stomach -empty for at least 24h-)

phalaris

Inscrit
7 Mai 2005
I should've take two times 2.5g , I'm so frustrated to have ate more than 100eur at once
did you buy goldplated mushrooms or something ?

what are the current market prices of magic mushrooms in the netherlands and belgium ? My last shroom trip was a few years ago, so I'm not up to date.

anyone ?

yourownworld

Psycho disparu·e
Inscrit
22 Juin 2006
I buy them from shaya[...] , they sell hawaiens for 25€ a gram (dried), a regular trip is 0.5-1g

Pinealjerker

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Avr 2007
25 € for a gram??!!!

Spend your 100 € on a growkit, you'll have enough mushrooms to keep you supplied for months.

5 grams of mushrooms is not too high, but writing and drawing are not really activities to perform while your subtle body is floating elsewhere. On high doses: sit or lie down, turn off your computer, don't go on the Internet, don't write, don't make a movie of yourself, don't do anything, just close your eyes and look around (inside). That is what a 5 gram dose is all about. And it doesn't matter at all if the experience doesn't make any sense, doesn't give you some far-out insight to write about, or the day afterwards you can't describe what you saw. It works on very subtle levels. During the trip the only thing you should pay attention to is that which is revealed by the psilocybine and your sensory deprivation (silence, darkness).

Otherwise, don't take more than the average smartshop dose. The "heroic dose" (anything above 5 grams) is for shamanic ecstacy. This means you must temporarily leave the physical reality. That includes paper, pencils, Pink Floyd and pretty girls. Just hold on to the floor and keep breathing.

yourownworld

Psycho disparu·e
Inscrit
22 Juin 2006
Hm I think you're right ! I love drawing and writing, and since I tried when I was on shrooms (and later, LSD) I've always drawn when I took psychedelics. I think I've been missing my way... (drawing and writing , I should do this sober or with some weed)

I'm waiting for the next trip (mushrooms / LSD -if I find some-), first thing I'm gonna do is coming back to truffles, I will try a "white trip" (no music, no lights, no sheet to make love with,...)

peace

yourownworld

Psycho disparu·e
Inscrit
22 Juin 2006
ahah :lol:
I use these words 'cause I really can take any position when I'm drawing with shrooms, and the pleasure it gives me is mmmmmmmm :p .. then drawings are my children :)