Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Who or What Inspires You?

tripofthebrain

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
20 Mar 2012
:) I am inspired by the following people:-

My Dad - Had three cancers at the same time, Lung-Skin-Prostate. Never moaned - never! Always had a smile and a kind word. Legend. True legend! Passed over to Spirit in 2001.

My dog, Pippa - the most loving soul I have ever known. My best friend. She passed to Spirit in 2010, aged 16.

My wife - My angel! She has no faults! I am blessed every day!

My daughter - totally wacky and unique! Full of love! I am blessed every day!

Leonard Cohen - great lyricist/storyteller/singer.

Robert Anton Wilson - what can be said about RAW! Amazing dude. Sadly missed.

John C Lilly - Explorer of consciousness and much, much more.

Osho - Indian Mystic

tripofthebrain

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
20 Mar 2012
Your inspiration can come from the living and also from those who have passed over to Spirit. Also your inspiration can come from anything! Even inanimate objects! Does music inspire? Well, if so, please do share :D

Music that inspires me:-

anything by Judas Priest, Magnum, Leonard Cohen, Metallica, opera and classical(not an expert but if I hear something nice then I'll remember it!).

Does food do it for you?
Or........................

well, tis up to you!!!

ararat

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
Nature! I love watching it, feeling the presence of trees, watching little bugs scattering around, listening to the birds, trancing out on the sound of a rushing river, skinny dipping the lake. yesterday, after I had some beers and a few pipes of good weed at the river at a fire, we went back into the town and we were standing alone on the townsquare and there was just this one bird singing, it was unbelievably beautiful :D

regarding people, I'm with you on RAW, he was very influental in me :)

one of the most inspiring people for me must have been Charles Eisentein. I read all of his books, of which The Ascent of Humanity was the mental food I've always been craving for, an explanation of our civilization and almost everything within it, a history of the human sense of self and all the consequences that come from that sense. it was an illumination of the myths we live by in the west. we like to think that we don't do that, which is very dangerous.

this one book by Krishnamurti that I bought in india never really gets a place in my shelf because it's always lying around on some table :D

many of the permaculturists like Bill Mollison, Geoff Lawton and many others. their work is an unsurpassed beautiful way to solving the ecological crisis that we are in now. with their techniques and insights we can green the desert again (at least they succeeded in doing so on small plots in new mexico and in jordan, near jericho)

Sepp Holzer is a special case in this, he didn't even know the term permaculture, while he was creating one of the most beautiful examples for this. he lives in the coldest place in Austria, quite high in the mountains and it's absolutely crazy what he's growing up there, lemons and kiwis etc.. they call him "the agriculture rebel" over here :D I'm planning on visiting him/his farm in summer

Ianto Evans and the whole natural building crowd are very inspiring too, as it stands right now, I'll be doing an apprenticeship in cob building next summer :D
Code:
http://www.facebook.com/naturalhomes?sk=photos

tripofthebrain

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
20 Mar 2012
BananaPancake - an excellent post!

I love Nature too. Adore listening to the birds singing. Love trees.

When I was a young fit athlete I really enjoyed running in torrential rain. Invigorating!

Yes!

Nature is a great source of inspiration.

Krishnamurti - like him too.

Also agree with you about the permaculturists.

We need to move away from fossil fuel. Apparently their are plenty of workable methods but they get suppressed and buried under government red tape. Plus some of the energy pioneers "mysteriously" die!

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
People like you guys on this site.

People who take action.

People who speak openly about psychodelics.

People who aren't afraid to question our society's interests.

My girlfriend is a constant mirror of myself (in an abstract way). When I'm with her I feel I improve myself, become motivated and confident. She herself feeds off my energy and vice-versa. Love her.

My parents. My dad, the most interesting, deep person I've ever spoken to. 22 years with him and I still learn from him, heavily. Ideas so far out there, I can't even understand him.

My mom made me an artist, a psychonaut. She propelled me to do self-development. Now, I feel like her teacher, helping her. An odd, but rewarding situation.

KingLordMaster

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Mar 2012
Lemmy, from Motorhead. Because he IS rock & roll.

Robert Scott Weinrich (Wino), from many bands including Spirit Caravan, The Obsessed, Saint Vitus and Premonition 13. That man is a leader of people.

Then you got Frank Zappa, Zakk Wylde, and a few more from which I draw inspiration from.

tripofthebrain

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
20 Mar 2012
IJesusChrist a dit:
People like you guys on this site.

People who take action.

People who speak openly about psychodelics.

People who aren't afraid to question our society's interests.

My girlfriend is a constant mirror of myself (in an abstract way). When I'm with her I feel I improve myself, become motivated and confident. She herself feeds off my energy and vice-versa. Love her.

My parents. My dad, the most interesting, deep person I've ever spoken to. 22 years with him and I still learn from him, heavily. Ideas so far out there, I can't even understand him.

My mom made me an artist, a psychonaut. She propelled me to do self-development. Now, I feel like her teacher, helping her. An odd, but rewarding situation.

:D Namaste IJesusChrist :D ,

we've not spoken, now we have :) I like the vibe you give off IJesusChrist, you are a good soul. I've read some of your posts and take my hat off to you!

I am currently feeling chilled, courtesy of a mixture of Baybean and Moroccan Mix. Nice. Not overpowering, just right!

The first thing I questioned was religion. Orthodox religion. My religious education teacher must have dreaded having me in his class! Bet I gave him nightmares! Politics came next! And the laughably called education system! These three tentacles strangle peoples freedom and creativity, suffocate the soul.

As Osho once said, "Priests and politicians are the Mafia of the Soul".

When I was 18 I did become a born again christian. This I now know was due to the dark times I'd been through, and I was in need of "something" to give me a boost. It could have been drink or drugs, but it wasn't! I was not educated about drugs! And so for 18 months I lived life as a christian. It was a struggle! The church elders were not impressed with my taste in music (Black Sabbath-Judas Priest-Led Zep) and wanted me to get rid of all my records! I didn't :D , and then they found out of my belief in reincarnation and Buddhism; another sore point! A funny story - I took my mother and aunt to a service.....and the sermon that day was on the evils of masturbation :oops: That was the last time I took them! Anyway after 18 months of suffocating I left!

Religion tries to dictate what we can and cannot believe-think-do etc. It is a form of mind control (anyone here into MKULTRA/Cathy O'Brien etc) and should carry a health warning! I dislike those christians who do not know were their religion came from, they just swallow hook, line and sinker what they are told. QUESTION everything! You have to! Would you buy a car without researching what that particular model has to offer - no! You make sure it fits in with what you need!Same with religion! Research it!

My religion is thus:-

Live Life from the Heart.

Not always easy and I fail regularly, but I try, and try and try!

All Life comes from, well I don't like the word g_d, so I'll use the word Source. We are all equal. No one is better than anyone else. So the first major fail is were religion is concerned is this g_d they speak of! This g_d needs to be worshipped and praised, and if you don't you'll go to hell! Simplistic breakdown I know but that's the jist! Pathetic! The g_d they speak of is a mirror image of the likes of Tony Blair, George W Bush and Obama etc etc. The g_d of religion is a psychopath! The inconsistencies within the bible are beyond belief! If you read the book of Genesis you'll discover that g_d is a liar!

IJesusChrist, you have wonderful relationships with your parents - brilliant! I am happy to say that I have such a relationship with my daughter :D Sadly my own parents, well, hit and miss! My father was and still is a major inspiration in my life, it was my mother who was the hit and miss :(

tripofthebrain

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
20 Mar 2012
KingLordMaster a dit:
Lemmy, from Motorhead. Because he IS rock & roll.

Robert Scott Weinrich (Wino), from many bands including Spirit Caravan, The Obsessed, Saint Vitus and Premonition 13. That man is a leader of people.

Then you got Frank Zappa, Zakk Wylde, and a few more from which I draw inspiration from.

:D Namaste KingLordMaster :D

Rock n Roll = Lemmy! Absolutely :)

Frank Zappa - totally with you there!
Zakk Wykde - as above!

Not heard of Robert Scott Weinrich (Wino), from many bands including Spirit Caravan, The Obsessed, Saint Vitus and Premonition 13. That man is a leader of people. - SO must look these up!

I'd like to add:-

Roy Harper - singer/songwriter
Jonathan Cooper Clarke - poet
Jim Marrs - conspiracy researcher

Roy Harper
from 2min 33 secs into the video is when the song begins
[youtube]HgCm1MT5hnM[/youtube]

Jonathan Cooper Clarke
[youtube]vS5QMT-JUt4[/youtube]

KingLordMaster

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Mar 2012
Wino's music is gold. Check out his acoustic album, Adrift, if you're not too much into the heavier, darker stuff. But if you are, make sure to check out songs such as Sun Stoned, Lost Sun Dance, and maybe also Dreamwheel from Spirit Caravan. From The Obsessed, a few good songs would be Skybone, Streamlined, Tombstone Highway and Freedom.

Here are a few videos, for those of you who have taken interest:
The acoustic stuff:

The Obsessed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq9ddkA87lA

Spirit Caravan:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2laGaVJqBI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6my_zsd4hI

Enjoy :wink: