Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Who has tried Salvia to start with?

BridgeUnder

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
6 Mai 2006
I'm wondering since it seems pretty tempting to try this before eg shrooms because of the ultra-low time you're actually tripping. If you go bad, you go bad for maybe 5-10 minutes, but if you go bad on shrooms ... :wasted:

So did anyone of you try Salvia for starters?

G

Invité
Well, Salvia was second trip for me (the first was a night all alone at my house with a med-hi DXM dose), don't turned out especially well...

http://www.psychonaut.com/index.php?opt ... 31&lang=nl

I think that doing longer but maybe calmer trip with mushrooms may help you develop this kind of "mystical respect" (damn, how awfuly new-age does this sound, well you'll see what I mean after your first trip anyway ;) ) that is totally needed for Ms. Salvia ( I see you coming Brewmaster ! :D ).

Kwarkfanaat

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
2 Jan 2006
Salvia was my first psychedelic. It worked out just fine. If you can just accept thing that will come to you and let yourself go; everything will be just fine. Take it easy and have a sitter the first time.

CheerS! 8)

G

Invité
For me Salvia always has this strange buzz wich I don't know if I really like or not.
And my eyelids feel strange, but just on the total right and total left side of my right and left eyelids...

Salvia is fun to try, but I can't say I had a breakthrough after about 10 experiences.

Most people would say don't try this, but I like some salvia leaves mixed in my joint. Always gives me a great but weird buzz.

Hyperion1980

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
27 Sept 2006
Most people would say don't try this, but I like some salvia leaves mixed in my joint. Always gives me a great but weird buzz.

I agree with you Space-is-the-place, I tried 10X, but never get a breakthrough, but I like the relaxed feeling.

I am going to order a salvia stek, so that I can roll Salvia Joints after Summer (I hope). It really clears your mind!!! Very good for meditation, relaxing, ...

Sometimes I have an allergic reaction with cannabis (problems breathing). With salvia I don't have this problem!!!

G

Invité
Hyperion1980 a dit:
Sometimes I have an allergic reaction with cannabis (problems breathing). With salvia I don't have this problem!!!

Ohw strange, usually thc relaxes the vaines in you lungs so it wouldn't give any problems at all.
But yeah, everything has a different effect on others.

I still have some X5 and X10 extract, so I will try higher dosages.
But a salvia joint (pure leaves without anything else) usually is very satisfying :)

Maru

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Sept 2006
Salvia was also my first psyche. With experience it becomes not so strange after all. More, I would say it may become 'familiar'.
But I do not see the interrest of 'starting' a shroom trip with Salvia. However, this may be interresting *while* tripping.
For my first shroom trip, I did'nt dare to dance with Sally (the shroom dance was enough tricky to handle :? ) but I'll probably try it when I'll be more experienced.
Anyone already tried smoking Salvia while high on shrooms ?

UTHTURN

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Oct 2006
i have a friend of mine that has never tripped on anything. I talked him into trying some extract. he loves it. i was very surprised. he comes over about once a week and wants to do it again. he has actually went further than i have so far. it is crazy to me that he enjoys it as much as he says he does

Brewmaster

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Mystical respect.

awesome. :D

I first tried salvia, years ago before I ever saw it mentioned on the internet or elsewhere. I was in Burlington, Vermont; probably the single coolest town in this country, and the friend I was visiting mentioned that they sell this herb down at one of the head shops that makes you trip really hard for five minutes. Of course I didn't believe him, so we went and bought some. This was after I had done every other drug under the sun.

Salvia is fun to try, but I can't say I had a breakthrough after about 10 experiences

I was impressed by it, but I don't see salvia as a "teacher plant", if you will. It's fun to fuck around with, but salvia is never going to give me any deep insights or life changing revelations. It's like a toy, a novelty thing. I think it's crazy that the shit is still legal over here, I like that fact, but I'm not going out and buying any. I have a bunch of free samples from IamShaman, but the only thing I do with it is give it out to friends. I think it's 100x more fun to watch someone else do it. I don't like the way it makes me all sweaty either.

I think it would be fine for a first trip, as long as you had someone to watch you. As L.T. said, a low dose of shroomies would make for a good first experience as well.

Kwarkfanaat

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
2 Jan 2006
Brewmaster a dit:
I don't like the way it makes me all sweaty either.

Hmm many people mention that, but the strange thing about it is: I always feel like I'm sweating like hell; but when I check it; it appears i'm totally dry :p. Is the same for me (and some friends of me) all the time! :D

Cheers

ararat

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
Brewmaster a dit:
Mystical respect.

awesome. :D

I first tried salvia, years ago before I ever saw it mentioned on the internet or elsewhere. I was in Burlington, Vermont; probably the single coolest town in this country, and the friend I was visiting mentioned that they sell this herb down at one of the head shops that makes you trip really hard for five minutes. Of course I didn't believe him, so we went and bought some. This was after I had done every other drug under the sun.

Salvia is fun to try, but I can't say I had a breakthrough after about 10 experiences

I was impressed by it, but I don't see salvia as a "teacher plant", if you will. It's fun to fuck around with, but salvia is never going to give me any deep insights or life changing revelations. It's like a toy, a novelty thing. I think it's crazy that the shit is still legal over here, I like that fact, but I'm not going out and buying any. I have a bunch of free samples from IamShaman, but the only thing I do with it is give it out to friends. I think it's 100x more fun to watch someone else do it. I don't like the way it makes me all sweaty either.

I think it would be fine for a first trip, as long as you had someone to watch you. As L.T. said, a low dose of shroomies would make for a good first experience as well.
haha, I love watching people doing salvia :D

BridgeUnder

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
6 Mai 2006
Thanks for all the answers, I expected more in the line of "you should definitely do shrooms first!". I'll probably decide later what I'm going to do first as a first (real) trip. Those <10 grams fresh shroom dosages didn't do much for me.

I also like watching people goofing off on Salvia in videos. YouTube is great for that! The last couple of days I've been doing that every day. I only hope no one ever posts a bad trip though.

Kwarkfanaat a dit:
If you can just accept thing that will come to you and let yourself go; everything will be just fine.
Well I won't know that until it's too late will I? :D

Siq

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
15 Fev 2006
For me Salvia is the most impressive and most repected herb. I wouldn't call it a plant-teacher in a way that it teaches you about the way you are living your life or about insight or as a mirror to yourself. But I really do see the divine (or divination) qualities of this plant. This is personal, sure, but within Salvia world I can see a recollection of my ego (many my memories, my collection of moments). I have not yet found the focus, however, to explore this 'wall of memories' to look beyond the point of "now" and into the future. I do have noticed for the latest few times a vivid, phisical point to which I return (and leave the Salvia realm) and see this as the moment "now & here", around it are moment that have allready occured, perhaps there are also moment of "some other time & place".

.. but, I'm sorry, this doesn't answer your question; I prefer Salvia over shrooms, find it less intens, more gentle and more fascinating, in my experience.

BridgeUnder

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
6 Mai 2006
Hey Siq, what extracts are you using? Also, have you (or anyone else for that matter) ever been to other worlds on Salvia?

I guess this only works with the higher extracts. The YouTube vids make me believe it's all about laughing and seeing weird stuff with nothing deep or "other-worldly". I'd like to go deep one day.

Siq

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
15 Fev 2006
I've used 10x extract as first initiation and the second try I got into 'Salvia-world'. Well, the place that enter with only my conscience. I've also have had 20x extract of which I could use less to reach the same results. However lately I've once smoked only the leaves, but I did reach the Salvia-world still. Every time you may need less ..

BridgeUnder

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
6 Mai 2006
Most people I've read about find Salvia pretty intense, much more so than shrooms. Well, for the ones it actually works anyway.

Great that one can also "just" use leaves to get where they want to get. Much cheaper. :)

G

Invité
I think the reason people think Salvia is a stronger experience then shrooms usually didn't go above 45 or 60 grams of fresh shrooms and Salvia comes up really fast after smoking it and is intese for 5 minutes.

Siq

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
15 Fev 2006
Nevertheless, the trips I experience on Salvia are in complete calmth, in contrairy to shrooms which is find a more bumpy ride. And I only have breaken through experiences. So, haha, it's totally up to you to decide whether for you Salvia is more pleasant than mushrooms.
One thing is for sure, it lasts way shorter.

BridgeUnder

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
6 Mai 2006
Siq a dit:
One thing is for sure, it lasts way shorter.
That's the reason why I'd find it more logical to start with Salvia. Maybe it's because shrooms can be dosed more easily that they're first choice. Or maybe I've been reading too many shroom trip reports and not enough Salvia ones. :)