Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Which strain should I grow

xonar

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
17 Avr 2007
I'm getting together equipment for a lab in my house and I'm currently deciding what strain of psilocybe cubensis to grow.

I'm thinking about getting either "B+" or "Golden Teacher". Both are lab generated strains.

B+ Pros:

Very potent apparently, it was originally thought to be in the psilocybe azurescens sub-genre.

Less mushrooms needed to trip hard

B+ Con(s):

It has this weird gel skin which is kind of gross.

G.T. Pros:

Pretty easy to grow
EXTREMELY dark blue bruising (almost black!)
Large fruits
Supposedly close to an LSD experience

G.T. Cons:

Small yield numbers

I will probobly grow multiple strains eventually, but I just want something that will work well, be easy to grow, and have decent yields. At least to start out with :p

What's your opinion on the two? Other suggestions are nice as well!

Brewmaster

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
21 Août 2006
I don't know what the hell you mean by "weird gel skin". Mushrooms don't have skin. They all feel a little slimy while they're in the fruiting chamber.

I've never grown GT so I can't comment there but all cubes contain the same active chemicals so the trips really aen't that different. It's mainly a person's expectations that drive a trip in one direction or another.

B+ is a fun one to grow because they can get huge. Especially if you're growing on horse poo (which is the only way to grow cubes. BRF cakes are a fucking joke). I've had B+ that were 12 inches tall and started pushing the top off of my tub.

Downside is that they frequently have hollow stems so a mushroom that looks gigantic will shrivel up to nothing when it's dried.

If you're looking for straight-up potency then the strain you want is Orissa Indian. Ralphsters has them. Another poo loving variety.

xonar

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
17 Avr 2007
Reference from sporeworks.com

"Detail of separable gelatinous pellicle: This feature seems to be unique to the "B+" among cubensis. When young and fully hydrated the cap has a transparent amber colored layer of cells that quickly oxidizes upon removal to a more opaque blue gray color. The texture is like a thin stretchable layer of gelatin. Note the area where the pellicle has been removed is dull."

bplus_gel.jpg

buffachino

Inscrit
7 Juin 2007
Weird! ~ Looks like a primordial extention of the veil over the cap! dont know how much difference this will make to your dried shrooms, and its not like the taste is anything award winning to begin with. Go for max potency, the less the better (more for later :))

i would suggest u grow azures instead of cubes, for this reason alone; thats if u can get your hands on some spores...

i have 3 sheets of printing paper almost full of azure spores! Waiting for summer to start growing indoors; the outdoor patches are still going strong so no need for me to start up yet.

Lion

Inscrit
22 Avr 2007
I grow the Psylocibe Cubensis Cambodjan.
It are my first shrooms to grow.
They are known for being the fastest growing cubensis species.