Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

What book(s) are you reading?

Forkbender

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Would be nice to share what your mind is doing right now.

I'm having an intellectual upsurge at the moment, am reading 5 different books at the same time :p

- The Illuminatus! Trilogy - Robert Anton Wilson
It is fun, crazy, enlightening, tragic and fun.

- Deleuze Compendium - Book about the French Philosopher (Dutch)
Very interesting thinker, one of the few I can agree with on almost anything.

- Outliers - Malcolm Gladwell
About why Geniuses (like me :wink:) don't always end up succesful.

- A book about the law in Holland, how it works, some of the basics.
Insightful. Time for change, now.

- The Graphic Novel Bone
Don't know what to think of it yet.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Mythology for Dummies. Read all the chapters on Greek mythology, now reading about the Romans.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
As i dont want to fill my head with shit i read as little as possible .

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
thanks for sharing. I am quite busy at the moment but I am reading "The Great Gatsby" right now. Everyone reads it but I really like it, good kind of humour.

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
Still Reading |Clive barker. Abarat Days of magic nights of war.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
GOD a dit:
As i dont want to fill my head with shit i read as little as possible .

Maybe you shouldn't read shitty books and trust your critical mind to filter out the dirt in other books.

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
The gnostic bible, which is of course literature for totally freaked out loony's who are desperately in need of some good psychiatrist :p

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Do you read all the posts ? I dont , i look if theres anything that might interest me and then read that . The same with books , i have to have a good reason to read something and then i`ll read it . Reading things just to find out if it was worth it doesnt apeal to me . I have better things to do .

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
^I agree. I don't read indiscriminately. I read because I'm interested in something and want to know more about it.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Since I don't have a car anymore, I'll be travelling much more by train, so will also do a lot more reading.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I dont usualy read novels and i havent read anything at all for months . The last thing i read was the last Casteneda book because a good friend had recomended it to me and had given me the book . Then i read it in 3 sittings and then read it again .

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Yes , it was very good , i cried several times while reading it . ( i read the other books when i was young and saw myself as Casteneda and based a lot of my life on the things it taught me and caused me to be aware of and think about ) . It put all the other Castaneda books in context and it cleared up most of the problems i had had with Casteneda .

I got given a novel called "Budding prospects" a story about canabis several years ago but the person who gave it to me misstreadted her kid so i still havent read it .

I`ve also inherited a book by R.A.Wilson but i havent read that because i think the guy was a totaly confused dickhead and a waste of time .

I`d rather watch a documentary than read a book that wasnt recomended by a good friend . While i`m writing this post i`m watching a documentry called "Ten Trillion and Counting" about the american national debt .

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
R.A Wilson a dickhead :shock:
I don't think so.
I love he's books.

maxfreakout

Inscrit
22 Fev 2007
Im currently reading 'transformations of consciousness' by Ralph Metzner, one of his older books, a very beautiful study of mythological references to evolving consciousness, i love Metzner he is an incredibly intelligent writer.

Also im re-reading 'Godel Escher Bach' by Douglas Hofstadter for an essay im writing

Space-is-the-Place

Inscrit
22 Sept 2008
Just finished Paulo Coulho's The Alchemist (in 5 hours)
And The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon
It's about an autistic boy who lives with his dad and finds his neighbour ladies dog dead with a knife sticking out of him and goes out to investigate.
And Dream Angus, about the Celtic God of Dreams (wich was pretty ok)

Think I'll start with Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman, writer of Mirrormask (awesome movie BTW!!!) or Heaven and Hell/The Doors of Perception or The Sacred Journey (in Dutch about Ayahuasca)

Twilight

Inscrit
7 Juin 2008
Space-is-the-Place a dit:
Think I'll start with Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
Oh yeah!
I highly recommend that one. It's one of my favorites. Really good story. :D

And when you're done with that, get your hands on 'American Gods'.
Yes, this is a Gaiman-fan talking. :p

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
Just finished Paulo Coulho's The Alchemist (in 5 hours)
Great book, I was too young when I read it but I have good memories of it