Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

"What Five Days of Silence Taught Me"

random

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
14 Déc 2007
"One of the first things I noticed was that as long as I was mute, I was unable to explain myself, and so I had to let go of that need. For every action I took, I was not granted the luxury of being able to justify it to the people around me. For example, if I noticed I was standing in someone’s way, I couldn’t offer an apologetic look and a quick “Oh, sorry” like I normally would. I could only move out of the way when I noticed, and allow them to come to their own conclusions about me and my manners, without trying to influence their opinion with my words.

It sounds like it isn’t a big deal, but I found it to be a sobering learning experience. I felt a strangely powerful need to explain my actions, I always have. Without this crutch though, I had to just let the moment stand, in all its awkwardness. Whatever impression they had of me — deserved or undeserved — had to be left alone, untempered by my apology."

Full experience:

http://www.raptitude.com/2009/11/what-f ... #more-2270

ophiuchus

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
very well written, i really like the way you express your scenarios, a very analyzing manner. gave me some insight on my own processes. maybe ill do some social experiments with this soon. that's funny, i've been thinking about this alot lately actually, silence vows and whatnot. however, i wasn't aware that there were retreats like this. thanks for sharing... and not sucking at writing :lol:

random

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
14 Déc 2007
It was not writen by myself. But by David Cain (owner of the blog I posted).