Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Vomiting from shrooms.

Faust

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
11 Nov 2006
There's probably loads of topics about this but anyway...

I can't help but throw up pretty much everytime I use mushrooms. I usually just chop them up, put them in some hot water and add cupasoup or some tea. It doesn't seem to matter how I use them but after 30-45 minutes i get really sick and restless and I usually throw up once or twice. I wonder if most people have this and if it'll lessen my trip, cause I might not have fully digested it.

HeartCore

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Août 2004
I've never experienced it myself and I've been dosing anything between 10 grams to 150 grams fresh cubensis.

My girlfriend however, o my god, horrible. She did shrooms two times in her life. First time she had a little nausea, second time, she was sick for 2 full hours, vomiting every few. In her case its most likely due to heavy surgery she has had on her stomach. She needs to dose very conventional.

Extracting using alcohol like everclear, seems to take care of all negative physical sideeffects.

Faust

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
11 Nov 2006
HeartCore a dit:
I've never experienced it myself and I've been dosing anything between 10 grams to 150 grams fresh cubensis.

My girlfriend however, o my god, horrible. She did shrooms two times in her life. First time she had a little nausea, second time, she was sick for 2 full hours, vomiting every few. In her case its most likely due to heavy surgery she has had on her stomach. She needs to dose very conventional.

Extracting using alcohol like everclear, seems to take care of all negative physical sideeffects.
It doesn't bother me that much. The only thing I kind worry about is that I won't get the full trip after the vomiting. How long does it take to digest everything? (having taken it on an empty stomach)

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
The method I prefer is to make tea. This seems to somewhat smoothen out the physical effects and more importantly, enables me to consume large amounts with little effort.

I grind up my shrooms (not powdered, just small pieces) and boil one glass of water. i put the grounded shrooms in the hot water (off the fire), and let them soak for 5-10 minutes. I then strain it, put the glass aside with a little honey added to it, and boil a second glass of water and repeat the process.

Done this way, taken on an empty stomach, this comes up strong in about 20 minutes. Full effects within the hour.

Faust

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
11 Nov 2006
HeartCore a dit:
The method I prefer is to make tea. This seems to somewhat smoothen out the physical effects and more importantly, enables me to consume large amounts with little effort.

I grind up my shrooms (not powdered, just small pieces) and boil one glass of water. i put the grounded shrooms in the hot water (off the fire), and let them soak for 5-10 minutes. I then strain it, put the glass aside with a little honey added to it, and boil a second glass of water and repeat the process.

Done this way, taken on an empty stomach, this comes up strong in about 20 minutes. Full effects within the hour.
I used to make tea from it but once i soaked the shrooms in the hot water it kinda smells like mushroom soup, adding tea gives it a strange taste so I prefer to add some cupasoup. I just eat the bits of mushroom along with it, tastes quite alright.
But still I get really restless, nervous and after a while sick from it. Maybe I'm working myself up too much. The vomiting makes me feel so much better so that I can really enjoy the trip. I was just curious how long it would take to fully digest the stuff.

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
I would say about an hour is safe to assume it has been digested. Especially in tea. If you dont like the mushroom smell/taste, adding a tablespoon of honey makes it tasting quite nice actually :)

G

Invité
If you follow the procedure HC tells, you don't have to add the shrooms.
Maybe then you won't vomit or have uneasy physical symptoms...

MzFly

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
9 Sept 2006
I take Gravol - one half to one whole - about half an hour before ingestion.
I felt nauseated before I started doing this, but feel no nausea whatsoever since I started adding the Gravol.

SpiderFly Power :wink:

Rutger

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
I also disliked the taste of mushrooms in the past. Eating them dry was possible for me but not really nice thing to do. I just chewed something with it so the taste was better.

Making tea and discard of the dried or frehs material after like 20 minutes in hot water is really working for me. Now I even started to like the taste and the taste also follows on in the trip. I do got some nausia sometimes but its not the bad kind more the kind when you are excited about something (good).

Wonder why some people get so much nausia from shrooms. Don't know if the disliking of the taste has some role in it or that its just some reaction in you stomac. If an extraction with ethanol should remove all symptoms than you would think that its not a by effect of the Psilocybin but more of the fungus itself.

G

Invité
I think it's a combination of both.
I don't think the taste is horrible, but different people have different smell/taste memories and that can play a big part.

Also your stomache can have problems digesting the shrooms, but by making the "tea-extract" you can bypass this...

ProStoner

Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
hey

how often have you taken mushrooms ??
I know from my own experience that the first 4 or 5 times I took mushrooms ..
always had to throw up in the end...
and now after I lost count I still feel a sort of pain in my stomache after tripping.
but I dont have to throw up anymore
I always need to sleep right away .. and in the morning it will be fine..
but I have a big history with my stomache, lots of medine's hospital visits and now I have a stomache virus infection again which produces ridiculous amounts of stomache acid all the time .. and I need to take medicines for that each day..
I also digest everything way 2 fast .. so I get hungry faster ,... meaning I get more acid lol
but if I take some pills before tripping .. and maybe 1 more while tripping
I dont get bothered by it 2 much

Faust

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
11 Nov 2006
ProStoner a dit:
hey

how often have you taken mushrooms ??
I know from my own experience that the first 4 or 5 times I took mushrooms ..
always had to throw up in the end...
and now after I lost count I still feel a sort of pain in my stomache after tripping.
but I dont have to throw up anymore
I always need to sleep right away .. and in the morning it will be fine..
but I have a big history with my stomache, lots of medine's hospital visits and now I have a stomache virus infection again which produces ridiculous amounts of stomache acid all the time .. and I need to take medicines for that each day..
I also digest everything way 2 fast .. so I get hungry faster ,... meaning I get more acid lol
but if I take some pills before tripping .. and maybe 1 more while tripping
I dont get bothered by it 2 much
Hmm that's quite interesting actually. I seem to digest really quick aswell and I get that burning acid thing alot.

I've taken shrooms about 5/6 times now, I've never actually eaten them, always tea or soup. And only the last 2 times I ate the mushrooms along wit it in the soup. It's not the taste that makes me sick, I just get really nervous and restless which makes me feel sick, but as soon as I vomit this is totally gone. I'm starting to think it's just a mental thing.
Then again, maybe I just have a weak stomach. I do get somekind of pain in my stomach during the trip, but not very often and it's not very bad.
What kind of pills do you take for your stomach?

DevXavier

Inscrit
8 Mai 2006
The nervous, somewhat uncomfortable feeling, are just the effects of the psilocibine in your body. When the psilocibine really kicks in, this feeling should drift away and make place for the feeling of innerpeace, shrooms always give me. Try to meditate for a while before taking the shrooms, clear your head of all thoughts.

Shrooms often nauseate me, but I've noticed that, when I do things that calm me down in advance, it helps to bring it down substantially.

I always take a few pieces of ginger before drinking the tea, ginger is a very to counter nausea. Don't take prescrip meds to counter the nausea, mother nature can help you just as good. :)

DevXavier

Inscrit
8 Mai 2006
lol, yer right. :)

Translated my previous post into English. :)

ProStoner

Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
well the vomitting is partially a mental thing
the restlesness + the nauseating feeling in your stomache
and when u think about it .. mostly it only gets worse :) and the best thing IS just to throw up

I use prescription meds.. called Omeprazol
but when I`m out of those I just buy Zantac .. which is not that great eitehr cause when I got a bad day I need 4 or 5 of those.. and thats quite expensive :p

but I don't expect your case to be a virus..
so maybe taking some Ginger(gember) before tripping will help also.
it calms your stomache down quite well

Faust

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
11 Nov 2006
HeartCore a dit:
Good info, hope the topic starter understands dutch ;)
I am dutch ;).

I'll try the ginger next time, see if that'll do anything for me.

DevXavier

Inscrit
8 Mai 2006
Take 1 gram (1 teaspoon) of powdered ginger 4 hours before you start to trip. Buying ginger pills works as well, then you should take 2 tablets.

Half an hour before you are going to ingest the shrooms, take another gram of ginger powder or 2 tablets.

Works like a charm everytime. :)

ProStoner

Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
yep that will pretty much do the trick..
I bought 50 grams op powdered ginger for like 0,75 cents :)
in some chinese toko u know ..
and I bought those digestable capsules..
and I filled those up :) easy and fast :)

good luck

marc

Inscrit
5 Déc 2003
I always have this "brick lying on my stomache feeling" after eating or drinking shroom(tea).

Smoking a joint helps me getting rid of this feeling.

Also, an empty stomache, some rest and happy feelings will help.