Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Vitamin C and Magic mushrooms

user_1919

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Hi,
i was wondering if anyone knew the truth behind Vitamin C and Magic Mushrooms? many of my friends say that it increases the intenisty, but they r just hearing this from one friend who hears it from another and so on. i read on a few websites that if your having a bad trip you should take Vitamin C, so im guessing it decreses the intenisty? i've also heard that it helps to avoid panoria and leaves you not feeling tired at the end of your trip, does anyone know the truth behind this? thanks

phalaris

Inscrit
7 Mai 2005
placebo.

phalaris

Inscrit
7 Mai 2005
when I pressed post I realised a lot of people will see placebo as another word for 'fake' , so I'll make the post a bit longer.

the placebo effect is not a fake effect at all, it just means that your body creates a effect from expectations.

Stupide

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
10 Avr 2006
phalaris a dit:
when I pressed post I realised a lot of people will see placebo as another word for 'fake' , so I'll make the post a bit longer.

the placebo effect is not a fake effect at all, it just means that your body creates a effect from expectations.
Thus, saying 'placebo' means vitamin C works either way round: if you want vit. C to enhance your trip, it'll work. And if you want it to teminate your trip, it also works.
Don't get me wrong: I think your right, but the placebo effect only takes place when you are not exacly knowing what the substance (in this case) vitamin will do. When you do know it's a placebo, e.g. by reading this topic, I question if the placebo effect will take place.

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
user_1919 a dit:
Hi,
i was wondering if anyone knew the truth behind Vitamin C and Magic Mushrooms? many of my friends say that it increases the intenisty, but they r just hearing this from one friend who hears it from another and so on. i read on a few websites that if your having a bad trip you should take Vitamin C, so im guessing it decreses the intenisty? i've also heard that it helps to avoid panoria and leaves you not feeling tired at the end of your trip, does anyone know the truth behind this? thanks

Placebo in combination with faster uptake of the tryptamines. Avoiding paranoia is experience, not lemon juice :)

c0sm1c_d4nc3r

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
2 Avr 2006
Stupide a dit:
phalaris a dit:

Thus, saying 'placebo' means vitamin C works either way round: if you want vit. C to enhance your trip, it'll work. And if you want it to teminate your trip, it also works.
Don't get me wrong: I think your right, but the placebo effect only takes place when you are not exacly knowing what the substance (in this case) vitamin will do. When you do know it's a placebo, e.g. by reading this topic, I question if the placebo effect will take place.

Wrong.

I've read loads about this issue and the fact is that if you put your mushies into an acidic environment i e fresh lemon juice, it will convert the psilocybine into psilocin. And that is a fact. And what it does is that instead of the stomach turning psilocybine into psilocin the lemon juice has already done that and that speeds up the trip i e it comes on stronger but lasts shorter. What you want to do is to digest some MAOI 30 mins before ingesting the mushies. That itself will boost the trip dbl or trpl even, it depends on the MAOI. There are harmalin caps but I don't know where to buy them. There's 5x, 10x and I believe 20x caps aswell. Take one of those caps 30 mins before the shrooms and then....wooooosh!!

Believe me, I know this sh*t. ;-)

Stupide

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
10 Avr 2006
c0sm1c_d4nc3r a dit:
Wrong.

I've read loads about this issue and the fact is that if you put your mushies into an acidic environment i e fresh lemon juice, it will convert the psilocybine into psilocin. And that is a fact. And what it does is that instead of the stomach turning psilocybine into psilocin the lemon juice has already done that and that speeds up the trip i e it comes on stronger but lasts shorter. What you want to do is to digest some MAOI 30 mins before ingesting the mushies. That itself will boost the trip dbl or trpl even, it depends on the MAOI. There are harmalin caps but I don't know where to buy them. There's 5x, 10x and I believe 20x caps aswell. Take one of those caps 30 mins before the shrooms and then....wooooosh!!

Believe me, I know this sh*t. ;-)

I agree with you on the MAOI's. But vitamin C is not a MAOI as far as I know. There is enough information out there on how MAOI's work and their effects on the way your body manages certain kinds of food or drugs. But
I have my doubts about the vitamin C story. Maybe you can add some links to reliable sources which explain these vit. C processes. It will make your argument a lot stronger then just saying 'I read a lot' and 'just believe me'. :)

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Dearly beloved ,

Did father christmas (not) fuck the easter bunny and jimi hendrix was born ? and did he die smoking banana skins to save us from your sins ?!?!

Hokus pokus meets placebo .

Vitamin C used to be given to people on bad trips . Some one had confused it with vitamin B wich has been used in psychiatry to stop halucinations . They stoped using vitamin C because it gives you a physiological flash , wich is not good for some one on a bad trip . If you have tried vitamin C in any quantity you will know what i mean .

MAOIs DO NOT make psylocybin work stronger . The only effect they have in this case is to let toxins into your brain . This is a simple fact that you could find out by doing the same thing i did . I went to the university hospital and asked a toxicologist . He said dont do it , to put it simply , its about the same as if you pissed into your brain . Alexander shulgin also says that about it to . FACTS please , who claims what and where ?

"I've read loads about this issue and the fact is that if you put your mushies into an acidic environment i e fresh lemon juice, it will convert the psilocybine into psilocin." "I have my doubts about the vitamin C story. Maybe you can add some links to reliable sources which explain these vit. C processes. It will make your argument a lot stronger then just saying 'I read a lot' and 'just believe me'." Exactly .FACTS please , who claims what and where ?

"Don't get me wrong: I think your right, but the placebo effect only takes place when you are not exacly knowing what the substance (in this case) vitamin will do. When you do know it's a placebo, e.g. by reading this topic, I question if the placebo effect will take place." WOW ! a brain twister . If he knows its a plecebo that means he doesnt know what the substance (in this case) vitamin will do. = it will work as a placebo . He is taking something he expects to have an "X" effect = it will have some "X" effect or he will atribute what he has experienced as the "X" effects of vitamin C .

Dont eat for 4 hours and then make a tee , maybe a bit of honey with it and then lie down and close your eyes . If that is not enough then i dont know what is . Maybe mix the mushroonm tee with piss/shit and inject it . You can only get out what is in something . not more and not less . You should not believe every thing you see and hear , a healthy dose of skepsis is always good .

AMEN

LOVE GOD

What about putting a plastic bag over your head and then taking mushrooms ? And dont forget to put green socks on .