Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Use of SUDSY Ammonia to clean DMT crystals after extraction

yoghurtlidlicker

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
17 Déc 2013
Hello,
:)
What if I cleaned fresh dmt with this (attached pic) ammonia (it's clear but a bit sudsy...)?
Shall I get a new one (absolutely non-sudsy one) and clean it again?

Any help would be muchly appreciated!
Homecare-Ammonia-Multi-Surface-Cleaner--Stain-Remover-180028.jpg

Ingredients:
Ammonia
Less than 5% Non-ionic Surfactant

Cheers,
y.

Monad

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
15 Sept 2012
Im not sure what sort of cleaning process you have in mind...

Monad

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
15 Sept 2012
Never heard of it, but Im no experienced chemist. I would give recrystallization a shot instead.

Moriarty

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
28 Avr 2007
There are examples of using naptha along with \ pictures of the finished product at erowid.

Erowid DMT Vault : Images

I am an experienced chemist but don't see any reason to explain why you shouldn't use "Sudsy Ammonia" or what to do once you use Sudsy ammonia. Ah, shit., just wash with a small amount of cold water and do some research. We are not here to fix problems a simple google search could have fixed.

yoghurtlidlicker

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
17 Déc 2013
Moriarty a dit:
There are examples of using naptha along with \ pictures of the finished product at erowid.

Erowid DMT Vault : Images

I am an experienced chemist but don't see any reason to explain why you shouldn't use "Sudsy Ammonia" or what to do once you use Sudsy ammonia. Ah, shit., just wash with a small amount of cold water and do some research. We are not here to fix problems a simple google search could have fixed.

Thank you very much.
To be honest I can't find any information, what to do if you use sudsy ammonia instead of non-sudsy.
Even uncle google can't help.
Everywhere is written that "make sure it's non-sudsy" or "you have to use non-sudsy ammonia".
Without any explanation.

Thank you once again for you time.

Much love,

Moriarty

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
28 Avr 2007
I am sorry. I feel that I did not display the temperament that I should have. I guess everyone can have a bad day? My apologies but, yeah, in the future...the only thing Sudsy Ammonia is good for is cleaning your floors ;-).

yoghurtlidlicker

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
17 Déc 2013
Moriarty a dit:
I am sorry. I feel that I did not display the temperament that I should have. I guess everyone can have a bad day? My apologies but, yeah, in the future...the only thing Sudsy Ammonia is good for is cleaning your floors ;-).

no worries! :)

I used this sudsy ammonia by mistake...

anyway I will clean it with cold water (as you suggested) and recrystalize it :).

Cheers!

willyw

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
27 Jan 2014
hello,

I don't have permission to open a new thread, so I'll post my question here. It might be interesting for other people who extract DMT as well, so..

I've bought mimosa hostilis 7 or 8 years ago. I've read about it and i knew i wanted to experience it once in my life. Till today I didn't dare to do it, but the last weeks I've read about it a lot and really want to experience it now!

But my concern is, is my mimosa histilis still good? Isn't it expiered.. I bought it like 7 or 8 years ago.. and kept it in a closed bucket.. it still looks the same, it hasn't rotten or something.. So can anyone please tell me if i can still use it or not? does anyone know the shelf life or expiration date of powdered mimosa hostilis? I don't want to waste money on buying the tools, etc to extract it and then find out it doesn't work anymore.. what do you guys think?

It still looks the same, and it's pure natural, my thoughts are like: why should the molecule's change or something.. so I Always thought it would be fine, but after talking to some friends they said it might be expiered. Now I'm asking you guys opinions.

Hopefully someone can get me a quick answer! thanks in advance!

badilo

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
1 Juil 2013
it should still be fine as long as it was kept away from heat light and moisture. the first bark i had was 4 or 5 years old and it was fine

willyw

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
27 Jan 2014
Thanks for the fast reply! yeah, i kept it in a closed bucket in a kitchen cabinet. you still got the same yield out of it as normal? But still my mimosa is double the age then yours was..

Other people know what years can do to the mimosa hostilis / molecules / in what way it could be affected? or had an experience with 8+ years old mimosa..

Bradleywhites

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
22 Jan 2014
the instructions written on the bottle that it is of multi purpose cleaning ranging from skin to pots .. then why not

badilo

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
1 Juil 2013
the only problem i can see is there must be something added to make it sudsy also suds might not drain away and leave small amounts of ammonia on your dmt, this is just speculation though

DmnStr8

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
12 Mai 2017
Never perform an ammonia wash. Simple Rx with warm naphtha works just fine.