Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Understanding the Univers (I Reject The Society You Gave Me)

AyahuascaJourney

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
17 Fev 2013
Many of us, myself included, spent a good portion of our lives looking at the universe and trying to understand it from the perspective of others. We are taught by our parents and our society that there is a way that things are supposed to be done. So what do we do when the agenda of our society does not meet our expectations, and we are no longer satisfied living our lives the way we are supposed to?

“You have to take seriously the notion that understanding the universe is your responsibility, because the only understanding of the universe that will be useful to you is your own understanding.”
~Terence McKenna

Our culture pushes as agenda of consumerism and materialism, that success is measured in dollars. There is an order to life after we leave the comfort of our parent's home: college, job, marriage, house, babies, retirement, death. There is the idea that one's life must follow this order or it is somehow not complete. But if we look at this specified order that our society tells us is "correct" we can see that many of these steps are just indoctrination into this world of consumerism, a vicious cycle of purchase and sale.

As college and education continues to get more expense, we start our adult lives with debt, student loans provided to us by the government, that we will attempt to pay off for years after we have completed our education. At the very start of our adult lives we become indebted to the government. And here begins the endless cycle of numbers in a computer and this overall sense of owing that dictates how we live our lives. So we get a job, and the priority becomes about dollars, not satisfaction or enjoyment, because have a debt that now must be paid. It becomes a repetitive song in our head

Go to college​
We owe​
Get a credit card​
We owe​
Buy a car​
We owe​
Buy a house​
We owe​

But this is not my understanding of the universe, this idea of success measured by dollars is not my reality. I look for a deeper understanding of myself and of the world. There is a cosmic consciousness that connects us all and through my journey, I am seeking to be part of it, to understand it. As this journey continues, I find that my understanding of the universe changes and expands, I am able to constantly challenge my own personal beliefs and question the world around me.

Part of this seeking is looking to the plants for knowledge. I find that I am drawn to Ayahauasca and called to San Pedro. These plants speak to me in a way that I can understand and comprehend. They strip away the ego, the walls, and the lies that I tell myself. By forcing me to come face-to-face with myself, I can begin to understand myself. Once I have begun to understand myself, I can then begin to formulate my own understanding of the universe.

I am no longer satisfied with accepting the universe as it has been presented to me by others. I have begun a journey of my own understanding of the universe, I choose the red pill.

Kyran

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
11 Mai 2012
Hello !

I'm from the French part of Psychonaut, but I like to sometimes read the other parts.

Your way of thinking is great, I have experienced too Ayahuasca, and I'm agree with you. With all you say.

Me too, I'm not satisfied.

But, is there any choice ? I hope yes, cause I will leave this society as soon as I can. Always looking for something different.

Can anybody tell me the way to the nearest exit ? I need to breathe

Zosimos

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
24 Oct 2008
Ahoy!

Wow, me reading your post couldn't have come at a better time. I was reading my projected thoughts on screen apparently :) I completely agree, I see no greater goal or thing to do in life than to understand and achieve some sort of equilibrium with the universe. The mushroom has defiantly shown me the way to achieving this, though more than anything of course the problem is to get out of the trap of this cultural/consumerist society. Where do we go? Where's the nearest exit? like the above poster said. It seems to me maybe the only solution is to gather us like minded individuals together, then there might be a greater chance to attain a way if living outside the confines of a system that uses/abuses us, but as well destroys this planet.
I thank you for your post, it's hard sometimes being on this path whilst being tossed in with ''reality''. You've inspired me ina time when it was needed. Now let's figure out a solution shall we!

Kyran

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
11 Mai 2012
You're right !

If we can't do it alone, do it together ! :D

I'm dreaming of living in a beautifull place, in nature, living by fishing and growing plants ! I hope some day it will happen, but before I want to travel all around the world !

P.S : sorry for my bad english...