Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Theorys on Purpose and Creation

G

Invité
I just starting watching a documentary called "Are We Real" (I'm about 5 minutes in and have it paused) and discussing with my friend some ideas. I was thinking about how we can compare our existence to that of a seed. The seed sprouts and experiences existence. It sees the world, it interacts with space in the world. It takes up space in the world. It changes the world just by being within its world, its reality. So when you think of the universe, or our reality, as a platform with objects able to be manipulated by those who/that can experience manipulating things, you see that the universe's purpose CAN BE, to be manipulated, to change for each generation of being. So that each generation can experience something new.

What purpose does it have exactly? DOES the universe have a purpose at all. IF the universe does have a purpose, was it designed for us. Was it designed to be experienced by vessels capable of experience? Can it be... That, being experienced IS the true nature of the universe? Is it in existence to BE experienced, OR does the Universe have a purpose not related to the existence of beings whatsoever?!

How the hell was this universe created? When you think about it, (Lets stick to trees) nothing that we know of comes into existence out of nothing. Also, nothing in existence ever lasts forever, but it also never completely dissipates. The death of a tree does create the birth of soil, and the birth of soil does aid in the creation of the birth of a tree. I ask myself, how on earth could anything be created out of nothing? Is it possible for there to be nothing, when the beginning and end are always connected? Perhaps. Is the beginning and end of the universe connected. Of course its connected, connected by time in between. Now I'm comparing a ecological cycle to a philosophical question and there may or may not be any comparability. As my friend always says, you cant compare concrete to concepts.
(if they are philosophical in nature)

If this is true, then the universe was created, to be destroyed, to create universe. (Or something completely different than universe) The universe also stands a chance of being created, to be experienced by that which it creates. Just as a seed is created to experience that which the tree that created the seed has created within the universe.

If this is all true, then the human beings purpose IS to create and experience. We are all part of the universe. It is a never ending cycle of creation and experience.

Another question to be answered is, can that which creates to experience, experience its own non-existence? Human beings have no recollection of their own personal creation, generally. They cannot have recollection of experiencing non-existence, unless non-existence means nothingness. Can you recollect nothing? I guess you could. From the moment your mind emerges, can it recall nothing? Surely it can. Its easy to remember nothing when thinking of nothing, correct? So is nothing, merely the middle of something, and something?

Which brings me back to my loop theory. There must be something, in order for nothing to be, and there must be nothing, for something to come from. Is it possible that nothing and something merged to create the universe we live in? IF so, what is that something. Is that something, all of the building blocks of creation? Proteins and atoms and things like that? Whereas the nothing, is lack of space, lack of matter. If the something is always creating new something to experience the something its marriage with nothing has created, then SOMETHING has been created by the nothing, and NOTHING, has been created by the something. Perhaps at the same exact time. To experience themselves.

The something could have been very very simplistic in nature. What have I said above? We all create things in order for new things to experience and create. So out of something, nothingness was born. But there could not have always been something, so out of nothingness, something was born.

Lets see here... Just by the sun existing, there is lack there of the same exact sun somewhere else. There cannot be the same exact sun, there are only other suns. Therefor, that sun created the lack of the same sun. That lack of the same sun, had to have created the sun that that lacking of the same sun could not be.

I'm basically just rambling off thoughts. I'd like to hear yours.
This was nothing that I put any research into or anything. Its funny really.
Basically wondering if anyone has counter arguments, if this makes sense to anyone else, if this theory has already been stated, and if I should create a name. :p (Ok, look, I realize I'm one of billions of people, and thats just in this century alone, so I'm sure this has been thought up before. I'm reaching for the stars here. I know its a very basic theory with nothing to back it. But it was very fun thinking it up)
-JV

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get some sleep so that I can create myself awake in the morning. :wink:

Meduzz

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
There is way more consequence in nature than there is purpose. And as purpose always is a consequence of the state of the universe, it also would be constantly changing.

We don't have a destination but that doesn't mean we are heading somewhere.

G

Invité
So the purpose is always changing, if there is a purpose at all, is what your saying. Alright. I can dig that.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Humans can contemplate humanly purpose. We give purpose, but in reality there is no such thing as purpose outside our heads.

Things are.

That isn't to say there is NOT a purpose, it is to say there is NOT purpose.

Different, and not a bad, or negative thing. It is just beyond us.

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
sir, you are asking the big questions :)

i recognize the ideology behind what you wrote. i have thought a lot about these topics myself. mainly:

the universe seems to bite it's own tail; it seems to somehow end where it begins, in some sort of cosmic joke. i think it's a direct result of it's fractal/holographic nature.

there is a fundamental aspect of duality ingrained in the universe, the proverbial yin and yang. alan watts once said that this is the only thing one needs to know to understand the deepest metaphysical secrets. i liked your sun and lack of sun example, it shows how the principles of the duality are interdependent and inexorably interrelated.

everything arises from nothing arises from everything arises from nothing arises from everything :)

well... how else would it be right? i think you'll like this vid of alan. it's about the relationship of NOTHING and EVERYTHING that you discussed.

the purpose of it all...... alan would probably retort (yes, i'm a fan of the guy): why does it need to be such a thing?? he would probably ask you if you have a purpose when you sing in the shower. then you'd think of the purpose of music. then you'd think of the purpose of art... this does not answer your question, i know. check what this guy says:

artaxerxes @dailygrail.com a dit:
The whole purpose of us being here is to experience duality and separation so the soul can learn what it means to be a separate, unique, individual. People who have NDE's routinely say they felt an overwhelming sense of oneness and connectedness while on the other side, so much so that it may be impossible to learn what it means to be separate, with a separate sense of self, so that the soul has to come to this physical universe and experience separation. From the moment we are born and exit our mothers and that umbilical cord is cut till the day we die and our deaths become a lesson in separation to those loved ones we leave behind life is a never ending lesson in separation. The theme to almost every movie, book, play, or the lyrics to most songs is about separation. Every time we pick a grape off a cluster or a tomato off a vine our souls experience a little bit of separation. Every time we use the restroom our soul gets a little lesson in separation, and the ultimate lesson in separation is when we lose someone we love. Nothing else comes close. The more emotional the experience the more powerful and long lasting the memory it creates.

i understand these words exactly. and it makes me kind of depressed :(

because i have felt that "overwhelming sense of connectedness" and it is the sweetest thing i have experienced. nothing else comes quite close. and i want to correspond this love. i have felt but a taste of it and i cannot help but want more of it. the whole deal. and the best way i see to really rejoice in it, to surrender fully to it and experience it completely, is to produce my own death. finish my isolated ego once and for all and become part of the pure nothingness again.

my solace lies in the possibility of finding someone to love who really loves me as well, so we get "the ultimate lesson" and so, play our personas to the fullest and get really lost in it.

Psyolopher

Inscrit
15 Juil 2008
I've got a feeling that we dont know at all...
Like, we're just scratching the surface.
I cant decide if it has any purpose at all, the more i think of it....the more pointless it becomes.
I think its like a flower just waiting to cultivate/flower.

btw noticed that imagining philosophical concepts makes things interestin.
Been thinking like this for a while now.
Anyone else does this? :p

C

Cheveyo

Invité
The problem with trying to work all these questions out is we can only use information that we have formed through our own existance, which seems important to us but our laws to life could have no meaning somewhere else in existance, therefore it is impossible to decipher the true meaning of life without removing ourselves from the puzzle of life and lookin at it from the outside which for the time being is imossible..so i say just keep enjoying your own experiences, keep dreaming and make the most of what ever it is we have :)

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Cheveyo a dit:
therefore it is impossible to decipher the true meaning of life without removing ourselves from the puzzle of life and lookin at it from the outside which for the time being is imossible

I do this every day

viljo

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
20 Fev 2009
how do you form something from nothing?
I thought I was the only one who wasted time trying to solve that one.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
viljo a dit:
how do you form something from nothing?
I thought I was the only one who wasted time trying to solve that one.

hum. You can convert all matter into energy...

Energy probably doesn't experience time...

Thus if everything was energy, there was no time.

The addition of time created matter.

Where did time and energy come from?

God, DUH. Jeeeez havn't you read the bible?

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
So time is condensed energy?

mrpink

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
15 Juin 2009
sunshroom a dit:
mrpink a dit:
You are right, but what is the question? :wink:

Precisely..

I think it's very interesting that humans spend so much time trying to figure this very question out. But I also love sitting down with a few friends, a cup of coffee and a pack of camels trying to figure this one out. I always come to the same conclusion though.

Reality is dependent on my conscious, without me this universe means nothing because my conscious is essentially the only way for me to perceive reality. Without me there is nothing... to me. It's all so inward that I get a little lost. It kind of scares me sometimes too, to think that everything around me could just be made up and all a product of my consciousness. I don't know man, this questions is probably just one of those things that can't be answered till nonexistence exists. If anything knew it's real origin and it's real purpose I feel like the universe would become a giant episode of superjail (one of the hella psychadelic ones) really quick. Scary... haha.

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
IJesusChrist a dit:
The addition of time created matter.
or the creation of matter made time possible/necessary

maybe time is just the movement and direction of the universe and not an actual force

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I have a very hard time figuring out if time really exists. All I know is that our 'time' is a space inbetween chemical reactions.

maxfreakout

Inscrit
22 Fev 2007
This is a really deep subject, it was discussed before on this thread:
http://www.psychonaut.com/index.php?opt ... t=&lang=en

the creation of the universe is a 'first cause', but a first cause is a logical paradox, the paradox of the self-mover/uncaused cause

So the universe comes into existence because of a paradox

you can solve the paradox by realising that there is no time, events are not caused by preceding events, the entire universe from the beginning of time to the end of time exists timelessly/eternally

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
maxfreakout a dit:
you can solve the paradox by realising that there is no time, events are not caused by preceding events, the entire universe from the beginning of time to the end of time exists timelessly/eternally

AKA the universe is a zero-dimensional dot, with consciousness experiencing, and creating, more.

Just kidding, but that one definitely fucks with my head.

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
Time affects me. There is a difference between 5 and 10 minutes. Time can change your life. Time can be measured....

Of course time exists...

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
agreed, i slipped, causing me to drop my coffee, gravity took over, the cup hit the floor, the coffee spilled and it took about ~2 seconds for entropy to assert itself in the direction of time's arrow

but perhaps we are all speaking a different language here. anyway...

the universe doesn't run on human common sense, if anything it frequently seems to run contrary to it.