Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

The trail of crumbs

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Bread crumb Nr.1 .

OK the first thing we need to do is to agreee if we actualy want to try to do something ? Being aware that it will take some work , not like digging a swimming pool with a spoon , but some time in the web and some time concieving letters / info papers / plans and ?????

Second . Where should we start ? What country ? What city ? Where have we got the best chances to get something on its feet ? And where have we got enough people to start a charitable / non profit making club / asociation who are realy prepared to spend time on it ?

Third . The idea about a parade will have to take a back seat at first untill the main event gets going because a parade would take a lot of talking to local government and hang on their giving us permission .

Fourth . The biggest problems will be getting / booking somewhere to do it . I`m thinking of a private place like a conference center / event center with a few big halls and if posssible a usable outside area even if its a big carpark . The other problem would be money / paying for things untill money starts coming in at the event . But i dont think it would cost to much and i think with a bit of asking and doing deals we can find enough . The only real problem could be if the place we want to use wants to have a load of money in advance . Then we might have to sell our souls and let them do the catering instead of paying a deposit / booking fee . If its not possible to get one location we will have to try to get several small ones .The next problem is time . We have to do it / get it organised by next year .

So comments , sugestions and thoughts please .

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
At the last gathering of our organization we came across two old hippies who were looking for people to run the Dutch Legalize organization. They have money (big donations from coffeeshops/smartshops). They have an office. They have computers. They have a huge network. They just don't got volunteers to do it. So they asked if we could help. Wow. They practically gave us the opportunity to run the show.

I'm beginning to notice that whenever you think about something and really try to do something about a problem, you get help from everywhere. We will definitely tighten the bonds, to get a mutual strategy going here in the Netherlands, it is just that it is an unpaid job and we don't have a lot of time ourselves. We'll manage to work things out though, I am sure of that. I think we can have a positive influence on their strategy and they can help us out in other areas.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Good you answered . I was just about to aply for euthenasia for the whole section as its pissing me off that nothings happening .

I`d be very interested to hear what they would say about "Who killed bambi" . Is there a way that they could get to read what we have been talking about ? Or me talk to them ?

Its obvious that the first atempt must be in Holland and at best in Amsterdam . I looked at a few congress centers and if they are available but it seems that they are all booked up . So it would need some locals to find a good location . It couldnt be anything like the paradiso or the melkweg or any place to asociated with hippys or nutty esoteric people / organisations as that would scare joe public off . They could do asociated events at the same time though .

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Perhaps we should look at what's keeping ideas from manifesting. Or what would motivate people to make a commitment rather than simply dream about what could or should be.

How will you get people to set aside a couple of hours a day to do all the work that's required?

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
if its going to be organized you need to organize
thats how you get people to do the work thats required, you need to tell people what they need to do

get a name, a set goal and a plan to reach that goal
you need a name just so that people can talk about it and spread the word

protests, pamphlets, posters
these things are easy enough and if they are done right can be quite effective

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
WHAT DO YOU WANT? Plans, concepts etc. I don't get it from your post, GOD, do you want a parade or what? Demonstrations are futile. You will get no help if you just say "I wanna legalize drugs" - bring up a good concept (first the idea) and THEN think further.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
The original idea explains the what , how and why . The second idea was specificaly for Amsterdam and to be quickly done , within a year . Amsterdam has its own political character and problems so organising a parade very quickly would be VERY hard . The political climate would probably stop a parade being organised because we would first have to get official permision from several government offices and the fact that we would have to tell them the whole plan before they gave permision would only put us in their hands and it would probably be prevented before it had a chance to get off the ground .

LsDxMdma

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
29 Nov 2007
yes God I agree it should be started in a "drug" 'tolerant' country such as Holland!
(not much of contribution but im readin what you wrote!!)

A

aavila

Invité
i think that Holland is already known as "drug tolerant" country and it will not impact the rest of the continent or even America. i know about grants available for non-profit organisations and i have also heard of other efforts that have been made in America. So i think you shouln't start from nothing. It is about is to unite all efforts.
Regards

IAmTheNight

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
7 Avr 2009
restin a dit:
WHAT DO YOU WANT? Plans, concepts etc. I don't get it from your post, GOD, do you want a parade or what? Demonstrations are futile. You will get no help if you just say "I wanna legalize drugs" - bring up a good concept (first the idea) and THEN think further.

This.

LsDxMdma a dit:
yes God I agree it should be started in a "drug" 'tolerant' country such as Holland!
(not much of contribution but im readin what you wrote!!)

...And this.

The Netherlands really is the best place to start, although with them banning mushrooms in December things aren't looking that good. :cry:

I'd be interested in helping out with this in whatever way i could GOD, but I'm not really clear on what you're looking for people to from your post.

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
...when I have time and maybe money to spare I will always help.
The problem with me right now is that I got a job where I spent too much time for not nearly enough money. But it's what I like to do, so I just have to keep on trying to find something in the same field with more free time and more money.
By the way, when it's about organizing anything, you really don't want me involved. I'm serious. I'm having trouble keeping my own life organized. And that's just one person with one job and one bank account. ;)

gonzebo

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
13 Mar 2009
i'll have you know i am always willing to help in whatever way possible, just let me know and i will do my best

also, outside of Holland, I believe canada would be a good place to start because it is a lot more tolerant than the United States but still neighbouring them so it would for sure have an impact there as well.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
I think Canada is a great place to start as well. Ideally we should come up with an idea that can be applied everywhere by a group of enthusiastic people. I think there is such an idea in this section of the forum (look at the other threads). What is stopping us right now is that the people who want to do things to make this happen aren't really connected. We got to organize ourselves, so that we can make a collective impact.