Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

The talk bad about alcohol(ethanol, "drinking alcohol") thread. Ethanol is deathanol!

SWIMchem5

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
15 Août 2012
This thread is about talking bad about the consumption of alcohol and alcoholic beverages. A participatory anti-booze rant if you will. I'm sure thousands, if not millions want to vent their frustrations, but they get silenced all too often. They supposedly kill Bob Marley by literally shoving alcohol down his throat and lungs. Why? Amy Winehouse ended up dying because of alcohol. Why did the media hide this? This is a trash all booze thread! All too often we see ethanol glorified, but seldom do we see anyone saying the bad about it.
Voir la pièce jointe 13228
Voir la pièce jointe 13229
Ethanol has a higher NFPA 704 than many lab solvents and is more harmful to health.
Voir la pièce jointe 13196
Also, ethanol has some of the highest metabolites. It's very harmful. Ethanol is deathaol.
People think just because it's constantly promoted by governments, it's safe. However, this couldn't be further from the truth. Ethanol is the earth's kryptonite. It keeps us in a conformity state and they don't advertise alternatives.
Have something bad to say about alcohol and alcoholic beverages? Post it here!

Mavraek

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
17 Juin 2013
I tend to consume a lot if tequila. Other alcoholic bevs make me sick. Tequila on the

Mavraek

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
17 Juin 2013
I tend to consume a lot if tequila. Other alcoholic bevs make me sick. Tequila on the other hand does not. Can any one explain this? Also to note, I am doing the best I can to create the dmt experience with the confidence that it could eliminate the cravings or urges to participate in lesser dealings. Peace All !

Ouroboros

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
1 Déc 2010
Please use the "edit post" button to avoid double post.

Interessant post tough. Specially the 2m2b comparaison, i wasn't aware that it was less toxic than ethanol, i was thinking the opposite.

I'm a bit of an alcoholic myself, but only a few beer everyday, never strong alcohol and never drinking to be drunk. And yes it's a bad habit. I've seen friends became less smart, fat, the alcohol really hurt people.

Mavraek

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
17 Juin 2013
darn cannot seem to get rid of that first post that was only half written. Also would like to say about Tequila, I really do enjoy it. one reason because it is not against the law. I would like to cuss right now on that whole subject, tho another place and time. I am very new here. Appreciate any advice on the navigation. Peace:?

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Its a tool, just like every other mind-altering substance.

Some more dangerous than others.

You would never use a saw to hammer a nail, would you?

Ouroboros

Inscrit
1 Déc 2010
I can only agree with that statement but in this way of thinking for what would you use alcohol as a tool ? I'm interested.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
The most obvious is to break down social barriers, and to increase the flow of thought in conversation. This is how it has been used since its discovery.

All too often, however, alcohol is used for dangerous reasons;
1. For whatever reason, of which I don't understand, people drink when they are sad. I would assume this is to lift the spirits, but we all know this doesn't work.
2. People use it to substitute a shortcoming, "The drunker I get, the funner this will get."
3. People also use it to get back to that '1st time' feeling - that crazy party you had when you first got a really good buzz going, and everything was so epic.

These lead to alcoholism, abuse, binge drinking, and the damage in which the OP is talking about.

Personally, I find alcohol a very introspective, sometimes awe-inspiring substance. There is nothing in the world that can replace a few drinks in the middle of nature on a moon lit night for me. That is one of the most powerful experiences I can partake in. Even hallucinogens can fail to compare at times.

Finarfin

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Juil 2013
Bob marley killed by alcohol? Never heard about that. Bob was killed by cancer,that,s what i have been told.

I never was a big drinker myself and i never get drunk. Only two times in my life did i get really drunk and it happened years ago. I don,t like the feeling of getting drunk. The feeling i get when i drink is that i get more simple minded (dumb or stupid). I do not like getting sick of the alcohol or having a hangover next day. I rarely visit a bar or a pub because i really do not like those places. I think the standard bar or pub are very boring places.
I do not really mind drunk people. however they can be annoying or even get aggressive. Sometimes they tell the same stuff over and over, or get very emotional.

When i drink i do not drink much and always take it slow. When i drink i drink whiskey or rum. I do not like beer or wine. Beer and wine makes me feel sick. Sick in the guts (burping and gas) and headaches.

I am not a puritan, i do enjoy drinking sometimes. I do like the taste of a good single malt whiskey or a good glass of rum and coke (cola). I am a moderate drinker and i want to stay a moderate drinker. More often then not a make the choice to not drink.

There is a lot of alcohol taking going on around me. And i have been around people who drink and drunk people for most of my life. I had neighbors who had problems with alcohol and who could not control themselves. I have friends, family who do consume a lot of alcohol. I know people who spent most of there free time being or getting drunk. When the doctor or family members try warning them about the dangers they won,t listen.
They are addicted, what can you do about it? If they don,t want to get cured of there addiction there is very little hope.
All addiction are more or less harmful. harmful to yourself or to your relationship with others. Alcoholism can be very harmful and destructive.

it is curios that amy winehouse did a lot of drugs most of which where illegal. However it was the legal drugs alcohol that killed here. What does this say about about the drug policy? It tells me that the drug policy has nothing to do with protecting people against harmful drugs. It has everything to do with the anti drug morality of the church and religion, thats what i think.

The use of alcohol is very much ingrained in the culture. It is all around us. It is part of tradition and there are rituals surrounding it.It is considered normal. Because it is part of the culture and legal it is seen as a social drugs and people are easy seduced to start drinking.

SWIMchem5

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
15 Août 2012
Alcohol(ethyl alcohol) is the blue pill and damages and mutates genetic code at least subtly(some mutations don't do much until a second mutation occurs). It increases conformity and inaction. The main problem with the governments of the world is that they don't offer any alternatives and prohibit most of the safer and more enjoyable alternatives. Furthermore, the government's arguements is that people need to "have a choice", yet for substances like 2C-I, MDMA,and MDEA, they ignore the same scientifically and experientially proven arguements. They have no actual scientific basis for only revealing the "good" side of ethanol. They don't want us to have any other choice than stupid, crappy ethanol. We need more choices. Perhaps they fear peace because they lose control over how they decide us to think and feel. In a way, they turn us into mere batteries. Most of us drink their kool-aid without question.
http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/687105-alcohol-is-used-by-millions-of-people-both-men-and

SWIMchem5

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
15 Août 2012
Why does everyone keep conforming and drinking the freaking governmental kool-aid! drinking ethanol sucks! It fogs the mind during the effects. I hate the mind fog! It's one of the only drugs to do that. That's right. Ethanol's a drug. A very RETARDED drug!

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Like I said - its a tool.

Use it to a point that fogs the mind and you're doing it wrong.

Ethanol has actually been proven to increase creativity, problem solving, and concentration at the 1-3 drink mark (depends on the person).

SWIMchem5

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
15 Août 2012
But it's an illusion. It makes you make sense out of less things. Why must ethanol be the only thing available.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Just as much an illusion as serotonin and dopamine are.

SWIMchem5

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
15 Août 2012
The point is that it's the only substance legally available. It increases conformity over time and makes you less proactive. It causes subtle genetic mutations that attack the proactivity gene. Ethanol is Deathanol! Why do you think most hippies didn't drink ethanol? Why can't 2-methyl-2-butanol and 2C-C be widely promoted and sold in stores? Why must 99.9% of society continue to do nothing and be semi-alcoholics while the governments continue to push anti phychedelic research laws and anti ecstasy laws. The alcohol companies are the ones to push the most legislations that are anti MDxx. When Rob Portman sheduled 2C-x, there was no outcry either and people just reached for an alcoholic beverage and forget about it. Propranolol and Amobarbital are tools too. Why can't they be readily available? It's not really about short term damage. It's a gradual continual damage that becomes passed on from generation to generation. The problem are more that alcohol companies and governments don't educate us and that we seem to have a global society which gives us no other choice legally. It is only alcohol that's legal. That's the problem! It hurts sperm and it hurts babies in the womb. The people hurt future generations before they are even born. I won't drink their kool-aid anymore! This is afterall, The talk bad about alcohol(ethanol, "drinking alcohol") thread. Ethanol is deathanol!
I guess this is what a debate feels like. We talk about our viewpoints and present evidence. It's too bad schools don't have debate teams anymore. They are probably afraid that society will develop creative and critical thinking. We need the decrminalization of substances which are less harmful than ethanol combined with education and a warning that says "Ethanol is deathanol" with a scythe and a skull!
Sperm Mutations Caused by Alcohol, Tobacco and Pesticides Are Transmitted Along the Generations!
Did you know that scientists say alcohol is as bad for you as hard drugs? | TG Daily
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2009/oct/30/drugs-adviser-david-nutt-sacked

And Einstein's quote.
Quote by Albert Einstein: We can not solve our problems with the same lev...

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I agree with your overall premise, but I don't think attacking alcohol is right. Cars are incredibly dangerous, and kill thousands of people every month, but they are tools, essential in this world (wish they weren't!) you can misuse them and cause damage. It doesn't mean we should start yelling at people promoting cars.

I don't believe that ethanol sedates you to become a conformist. Alcoholics generally quit their jobs and go on welfare or become homeless because they get irate.

Opiates sedate you, nootropics will sedate you, mood leveragers will sedate you (As you posted about). These make you feel good while under stress, thus allowing more stress to accumulate without the outcry of unfairness. I would be much more willing to work a shitty robot job under a shitty governmental police state if I got to take opiates every day. [Point being - any mood enhancer, ethanol included, is going to cause 'conformity' because it brings euphoria where in sobriety it would not exist].

I've never taken a 2C-x compound, but I highly doubt I could work on it. I also don't believe the idea that these cause zero long-term damage. I do, however, agree or acknowledge that these compounds, given our current state of society, would produce anti-conformity, which is, in general, why they are illegal.

Nobody wants to work at an office desk while high on LSD. The world is too beautiful for that.

In fact, we should be banning the stability of serotonin. After all, serotonin is what actually causes conformity. It is the ultimate 'leveling' neurotransmitter.
Get locked in a pitch black cell and get beaten every day?
Serotonin will eventually make the experience 'normal'.

Serotonin is one son of a bitch...

SO = What I'm saying is that ethanol is dangerous, sure. But if used wisely, consciously, and with respect, it should not be called 'deathanol' - this is the very same reasoning that gets other compounds banned. When used out of disrespect and unwisely, someone gets hurt or dies, and everyone else must suffer for it.

Our culture is obsessed with no-repercussion use, i.e. its obsessed with the idea that things can be used without harm.
In nature, that is incredibly rare, if not impossible to find.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
well alcohol is a poison and like with all poisons, it's figuratively or literally the degree of the toxicity and the amount that determines what it does. if used right, poisons can add to healing also... maybe a little bit like IJC says.. that there are many levels or so... i suppose it's probably something a bit like "what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger" kind of thinking, yet it's most probably not in all cases the best way of thinking in regards to poisions. one crucial idea is probably, that everyone is different.. about neurotransmitters i am not really sure, but maybe what if not everyone's neurotransmitters function exactly the same way?
or what if for example, let's take a few buddhist monks or so, have neurotransmitters that we don't even have? just an idea..
btw if you ask me, i do think we should yell at people promoting cars, depending on how they do it.

i think alcohol is probably almost all over the world more or less a traditional part of many cultures or so.
but i also think culture can often be very dumb. the western culture is certainly in my opinion to a great degree too toxic. i guess the thing with alcohol is that it's something that got to do with social aspects of human beings. it can break down social barriers, but it can also create social barriers. i mean like, even though it's probably a bit oversimplified, if people would drink and then stop making war, then it would be good. yet unfortunately, in reality it's often that people drink and then become unrelaxed. is it positive or negative connecting etc etc...??
so maybe you could say in some way or so it's often not the drug that's the real problem, but more pointing towards the social aspect, how people treat each other and themselves.

so in conclusion i guess i would say alcohol has something great, but it also certainly has some sort of downfall.
it appears to me, that there definately are greater substances, but society is in many places probably not ready or at least not completely ready for them. i would say, conformity is only good, if what you conform to is good.
man, i hate all forms of violence. still waiting for more quantum leaps in society's evolution. when people are so ready that their intuition and healthy common sense are enough to decide what to put in their bloodstream. (=with some substances you should have some knowledge or so) i hope you know what i mean...
take care!!

peace

SWIMchem5

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
15 Août 2012
I have never suggested that ethanol be banned. I simply suggest that ethanol have a warning that would say "Ethanol is Deathanol" with the ethanol molecule resembleing a scythe. And that more options be legally available. Then after that warning, it would be up to the individual to study up on ethanol's overall effects from scientifically accurate sources instead of from forged government "studies". I agree with BrainEater in the dislike of violence and in wishing that people would be capable enough to study up on what they'll put in their bloodstream. We all wish that people would make those quantum leaps in evolution. It feels like only a few people have been able to make that evolutionary leap.
I like calling ethanol "deathanol". If ethanol is no longer put in alcoholic beverages or promoted, it becomes very unpopular and it may one day drop dramatically in price and be available as a lab solvent without being denatured. Then those who become intoxicated would be rushed to the hospital until they sober up. If it would be abused in that scenario, it would be called "lab solvent abuse" and that person may get treatment(voluntarily) to stop the solvent abuse. Or they'll continue while the others simply warn that person and ignore them without joining. Death rates per year would plummet and people would make their decision on evidence both observational and from medical journals. People would then treat it like rat poison. Even the mere balancing of the constant pro-ethanol advertising with the phrase "Ethanol is deathanol" at the end and having "Ethanol is deathanol" with an ethanol molecule that resembles the reaper's scythe and a skull on top printed on all of the alcoholic beverages would likely deter a few people from using or continuing to use it. Everything else has a valid warning. Even hot coffee has one. In my opinion, "drink responsibly" is not a valid warning, it's just mild advice. It's that even a slight consumption hinders your ability to re responsible slightly, and thus, the advice contradicts itself. No one's gonna die just because there's the phrase "Ethanol is deathanol". Even a slight cunsumption of ethanol can shorten lifespan by a few days, weeks, or even months. So that phrase isn't even lying to anyone. "Ethanol is deathanol" not a confusing phrase. It's not confusing at all. "Drink responsibly" is a somewhat confusing phrase. People have nowhere to voice their concerns. Why don't we have a website that's like "dislike ethanol? visit ethanolisdeathanol.com to talk bad about ethanol unsumption". There are no places to complain. Therefore, are we truely free.

SamRivenbark

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
30 Mai 2013
That is quite an information you have out there..i guess that would be certainly helpful and if followed in the same manner..not much of anything would be affected.

Finarfin

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Juil 2013
The problem is that some people have self destructive tendencies and get addicted. I also wish people would be better educated about the use of substances like alcohol. I wish they would legalise psychedelics. If you ask me everybody (adult) should have the freedom to use what they want. If you decide to destroy yourself it is your own choice. If people make this choice let it be a educated choice. Some people just want to destroy themselfs and don,t want any help. It is sad.