Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

The 'piling up' effect..

Crimzen

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
Just putting my thoughts down somewhere..
This is more or less a very loose interpretation of the thought itself

Natural development, be it evolution or whatever, comes from a 'piling up' effect
for example genetically we all contain a part of our most ancient ancestor, its possible we are that beings lifeforce as it has traveled through time splitting off and traveling on, like branches of a tree (the family tree to be exact lol)
if you can think of it like a type of transformation from one being to another like some kind of metamorphosis, from father and mother to son/daughter, is it not the same 'life'? so is it possible we ARE our ancestors in a way?
as we are the consequence of millions of years of life cycling itself and stretching across time

time itself works in a similar manner, the future being a combination of the present and the past, like how the fibonacci sequence works, 0,1,1,2,3,5,8,..

images

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
hmm i am so glad some people at least try to break out of the normal linear understanding and conception of time. to me time is one of the greatest mysteries ever.. after all life is a cycle too... and in all of nature it seems to be all about cycles as well..
if you ask me of course it is the same life.. it is only like another operator and another variation or so.. as we inhabit the world of forms, it may seem obvious, that the energy that can never be destroyed is only constantly changing form. it may evolve/grow or destroy itself etc but what it actually does is just changing form or something like that... think about it.
the material world is a place of transience but also transition. according to einstein energy equals matter etc etc i guess u know all that.. 8) :lol:

peace

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
sometimes i also like to think of time in a physical sense to make it clearer in some ways
like its a thick gel like substance that we push through as we 'advance in time'
if time were space (in a strictly hypothetical non scientific space-time type scenario) we would be constantly moving even whilst sitting still
instead of changing position we would create a visible path through the 'time-gel' that would somewhat resemble tracers from an acid trip

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
at op: interesting perspective, i like it, and with regards to fibonacci too.

there's a thing about our idea of being still. we can never actually do it... even though, you may lie in a bed and totally relax, you are still moving, our galaxy, nevermind our planet, is being hurled through the cosmos and +hundreds of thousands of mph. if you were far enough away and large enough, you'd see the entire galaxy pass before you as a shooting star. :idea: :shock: and not only on a macrocosmic scale, but on a microcosmic scale, because all of the things that we are made of are vibrational. (so time is space) interesting thought to ponder as you relax into a cozy bed at night. :lol:

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Hey I made a thread about this exact topic. Yours is a bit more clear, though.

If you take away our linear perspective of time, like braineater was eluding to, you see we are all one creature. You are your mother, who is her mother, who is her mother, etc.

Once we transcend our usual view of time, life and reality comes in very new and interesting forms and figures.

Illegalsmile

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
24 Avr 2009
and physically, it's true that we are our ancestors because they died and fed the earth and the earth feeds us. So the atoms in all of your ancestor's brains, lips, and hands are in you and the world around you somewhere. thats so awesome to me.

slaughterhouse 5 helped me understand time alot more, its a good book for anyone who hasnt read it.

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
allusion, imagine if there was a particle that was somehow able to stand completely still independently of space and time, i think either it would make absolutely no effect on anything in the universe like it would fall 'underneath' or perhaps as it holds still and everything moved past it would 'cut' through things which moved through it...hmmm

IJC, im with you there, i've imagined the universe as a single creature and system, i sometimes step right back from where im sitting or standing and try to view everything as a single 'piece' ever since one time on acid and nitrous i physically saw my friends apartment, everything in it including myself and 2 of my friends turn into this 1 'thing' separate from everything else but completely connected and joined into a single thing

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
hmm i heard somewhere there may possibly exist a identical or almost identical universe in a parallel dimension or so...
maybe it would be interesting to think of anti-matter in that context.. i guess it could be possible that universes might even partly consist of matter and anti-matter in who knows what kind of relativistic proportions??
but then again i think both are supposed to destroy each other completely when they get together anyway.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :p

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
brain eater I'm not seeing the connection between that post and anything in the thread

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
i guess it could be possible that universes might even partly consist of matter and anti-matter
from what i understand this is actually what many scientists believe

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
IJesusChrist a dit:
like braineater was eluding to

*alluding, hence the name...

i believe brain was posting in line with the independent particle theories by crimzen. not that it matters much, there's a lot of speculating going on in this thread.

i can see the terms "matter" and "antimatter" as rigid scientific versions of the esoteric terms "everything" and "nothing". it's all in your translator...

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
well, with my naive science background I often only see one definition of matter and anti-matter...

which - again. Don't know what that has to do with the post, although it is a very interesting topic in itself.

They used to think that the universe had to be 50% matter, 50% antimatter, but they found a very shy particle that in some way does not keep spin parity, meaning that anti-matter and matter are not exactly opposite which explains why the universe seems to be so full of "matter" as opposed to "anti-matter".

which, when you start reading about this stuff, it gets really philosophical, really quickly. Why is there anti-matter at all? Could there be an anti-matter galaxy out there? Why does the collision of matter and anti-matter create light, which in itself is not matter?

You can answer the "hows" but the "whys?" are impossible to contemplate, I suppose due to the human nature behind the term.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
IJesusChrist a dit:
brain eater I'm not seeing the connection between that post and anything in the thread

well maybe because your theory of DNA or so isn't as metaphysical as mine... lol... not wanting to sound hypocritical or anything like that...

i dunno lol... i just think that the "piling up" effect is a very interesting concept or idea in relation to metaphysics...
like computation you know????

but also in terms of geological or possibly other viewpoints concerning history of planet earth or also other planets...
piling up means pressure... :) :eek:

peace