Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

The pig thread

Jamapricotica

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
18 Déc 2008
I'm going to hazard a guess here: a lot of you on this forum have negative opinions regarding the police. And I certainly wouldn't blame you for it because I read a lot of negative stories about police/psychonaut altercations. I'm blown away by some of the injustices bestowed upon people's lives by the very people who are employed to withhold justice.

I want to start the thread in a breath-of-fresh-air kind of way. I have never had what I would call a negative experience with the police in my land. I've never been harassed, beaten, had my possessions stolen from me or even been man-handled or verbally abused by the police. I can't say the same for other people I know. It is a common occurrence to have people reminisce to me about the time police smashed their shit up, stole their blood or pulled their car to pieces. I'm not a very threatening looking person so I guess that helps. But I still know people who are also none-threatening but do have those bad experiences. By the way I'm not saying that I should be having negative police experiences, because I do nothing illegal (I should mention that I do not believe in giving merit to oppressive laws such as those that incriminate etheogen users). But the people who are often harassed the most seem to nearly always be innocent. Just bad luck perhaps?
I usually get to deal with the cop who's just making sure you're okay or that you are not going to be a menace to society. Never the brutes I hear so many stories about.

What about you guys? Positive or negative experiences? Any particularly memorable occasions? Or maybe you are a cop and you'd like to share with us some stories from your perspective?
Just interested to see what y'all have to share.

Moriarty

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
28 Avr 2007
Possibly your experiences are due to the criminal activity that you do, or rather, do not engage in. Also, I might venture a guess that you live in someplace where these things occur less often. My understanding is that the police in most of Europe, even England, are generally professional and don't involve themselves with such acts.

Enter the guy from the United States: Hi, I am Moriarty. I am from the United States. I am a convict and have spent a decent portion of my life incarcerated. All of the things you have mentioned have happened to me to some extent to me. HINT: In America. If the police say, "Stop Resisting", you are about to be beaten to within an inch of your life. This may confuse you at the time because you are, most likely, not resisting arrest in any way, shape or form ;-). If you have the presence of mind, just go limp and hit the ground.

Regardless, I could tell endless stories about police corruption or some of the violence I have seen prison guards inflict upon convicts like myself. I will proffer up one small example to prove a point. It seems police officers like benzodiazepines. In the last 10 years I have had some sort of benzodiazepine on my person at the time of an arrest 4 times. My wife has only been arrested once but she also had a benzodiazepine, xanax, on her person at the time of that arrest. All five (5), yes five times, they have kept the pills in question and charged me or, in the case of my wife, her with every other crime they could. I think it's telling that these are the type of people who will take you to jail and, as a result, potentially prison for crimes that they themselves commit. It's a hypocrisy the general public refuses to believe.

Jamapricotica

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
18 Déc 2008
I live in Australia in a location where there are not so much violence. There is the occasional stabbing or shooting of course but I've heard police officers speaking casually about their jobs and they seem to feel that most of their time is just spent dealing with freaks and weirdos or traffic accidents. This could explain the lack of police brutality, but as I said I still know of people here to be harassed in ways that seem completely unjust. However, I don't think I've heard of anything happening here of the same caliber that you are talking about. I can't believe they will just beat you up like that. What is it about American police that makes them so violent and evil?
Maybe they are off chops from popping those benzos they keep taking from you. :wasted:

Moriarty

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
28 Avr 2007
Um...well, in other first world countries the type of people that they employ in the field of law enforcement tend to be of a little higher quality. Some places here you can become a police officer after a 3 month course at a local community college. In most other first world countries a 4 year college degree is required. Well, in many anyway. Also, we may be suffering from a cultural problem that adds to the violence in my country.

Finarfin

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Juil 2013
This country (netherlands) has over the years become more and more like a police state. Everything is under surveillance. There are camera,s everywhere.
The secret service is tapping phones and hacking internet forums on a massive scale. Students of universities are being recruited by the secret services.
Everyone who has anything to do with a protest movement or a political movement or even members of a political party is under surveillance.

I do not have that much experience with police. Some of these experience has been positive. However i also have a lot of negative experiences with the police.
There is police violence in this country. Police in plain clothing pick fights with people so they can arrest them. This usually happens with soccer games or protests. We had a case where police kicked a drunk man in the balls. (yes in the balls. the man was just standing there drunk) We had cases where unarmed guys who run away from the police got shot.
So my impression of the police in this country is that they are incompetent and rude.

The police however answers to the government and it,s up to politicians to do something about it.
The politicians in this country are even more incompetent then the police.
Just like in any country we have our own taliban. We have stupid Christian political party,s that want to ram there way of living down all our throat's.

It,s up to the politicians to change things. However they do nothing and even make things worst

SWIMchem5

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
15 Août 2012
I think that some the cops are corrupt mostly because they receive that kind of training. Some of them think "you can't fix the corrupt system. Might as well join it." Gangs are bad too. I hate gangs! What if gangs and some cops are connected and it's connected to government, privatization and monetization of jails, corporations, and the illuminati? I wouldn't mind them being injected with brainwashing drugs. Yet, they arrest people who try psychedelics or even prescribed medication instead of attacking the REAL crime. The government and all of the institutions have been controlled by the Illuminati. They want a stupid society! Take this into consideration. Do the Illuminati run the Street Gangs (Mirror) - YouTube
Also take this into consideration. https://www.commondreams.org/view/2014/04/14
It appears that power is now concentrated to a few individuals. Thus, as they dumb down society (Stupidity - Dumbing down of Society part 1 of 6 - YouTube) they implement fear based laws that don't attack the real problems. Not to mention school. .Schools are prisons (All parents should watch this) - YouTube
We're being attacked from all angles and it leaves an unseen scar in one form or another.

Abej^a G.

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
20 Fev 2013
from a bit of time I don't hate them as it once was, we're all in the same boat, a revolution should be made with the same policemen, or not? :axe: -----------> :pidu: ----------> :rock:

VaporOnly

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
21 Fev 2015
im inclined to not like the police, ive had them enter my home twice without a warrant! i have encountered a few decent cops who let me plead down some charges that came with manditory minumums.. (driving under dui suspended license)

for the most part im scared to death of the police!