Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

The community track project (hurray!)

• Auteur de la discussion Guest
  • Date de début
G

Invité
Hi everybody !

So here's the story, I'm finally beginning to grasp things about electronic music production & music theory (even if I still haven't finished a single track yet), and I realised that something I'd really like would be to find someone who would have about the same level as myself (low-mid understanding) to be able to share ideas, create sounds (tracks?) and all those nice things that involves two minds in artistic creation...

I found a few people irl who are interested, but their level is too low at the moment (which is not *really a problem, as mine is really low aswell and I don't mind teaching the little I know, but I'd like to try something new as well!), so I was wondering if someone on this forum is in the same situation as myself !

I'm open minded and I don't intend to focus on a specific genre, so I'm open to most suggestions !

Cheers ! :D

G

Invité
are you interested just on electronic music, or all kinds in general ? do you play any instrument ? how far are you into theory ?
i'm interested, i have no band at the moment, and i have plenty of ideas, experience in production, and very experienced in jazz, rock, classical and sampling. studied 4 years classical (piano and church organ), been playing the guitar since i was 8, have played bass in many rock bands, and drums with a world-music (mainly mediterranean music, from morrocco to turkey, bulgaria, greece...). also played piano in a major jazz band for 4 years, gigged in all the great stages that my country has to offer. been making my own songs since 1997, back in the day when MIDI was the only affordable solution. more than 600 songs studio-like produced, with nice microphones, etc, etc, you get the point.
are you interested to do something ?

silv

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
Oi, I'm a not really high level drummer (mainly lacking alot of experience playing with a band) and currently in the process of saving up for an electronical kit to maybe try the online jam stuff. Always interested in making music, although I can 't help in any way with electronical music.

G

Invité
there's no way that online jamming is equivalent to playing with a real band, where you get to trade impressions by gestual language, blinking an eye, etc.
it is practically the same than using "band in a box", except that a software doesn't drag the tempo :lol:

G

Invité
Tiax a dit:
I'm open minded and I don't intend to focus on a specific genre, so I'm open to most suggestions !

I'm up for an online project, although it's difficult when everybody uses a different sequencer, but we can exchange sounds and loops, done it before and it's a lot of fun.
Daytripper, sounds like you've got quite the collection of songs :D

WetStaples

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
2 Nov 2007
I wish I had any understanding, because the idea of making electronic music is quite appealing.

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
I'm getting into making electronic music right now. I already know quite much about techniques and software and such, but I think that I lack the musical knowledge for that :lol:
well, at the moment I'm rather DJing, as it was quite satisfying :)

we could all together make something :) the problem would be which DAW we should use. I'm experienced with renoise and live :)

which kind of music have you been thinking of? hard or slow, psychedelic...?

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
misery a dit:
I think that I lack the musical knowledge for that

That's irrelevant, the only thing you need to create music is ears. Lots of great musicians didn't/don't have formal musical training...

I'm just eavesdropping here, I'm interested of what could come out! I love music but I don't play anything :(

What software do you use?

G

Invité
Wow, didn't thought I'll get so many answers ! Currently I'm using Live! and have a good understanding in Reason...

@daytripper :

Wow man, you cursus is impressive, and that's not what I'm looking for as my contribution would be mediocre compared to yours, I'm looking for, well, a newbie like myself I could say :)

@silv :

Even if I don't really have a specific genre in mind, it's still going to be electronic music for me (even if adding real instruments samples can be a great thing!), so I don't think you'll be interested !

@Space :

Ha ! Considering how you helped me not long ago, I think that if we do something together, the musical knowledge is gonna be one way only for a while :)

@Wetstaples

Ha ! I'll tell you dude, I'm doing this the hard way,started from NOTHING (no musical knowledge at all when I started a few months ago) & I don't think I have a huge gift in music, but neverthless I feel such a passion for this world that I can't do anything but to go for it ! Hell, if you need anything I'll help you with the lil' I know (which is at least enough to give you a nice start, I believe :) )

@misery : Well, as I said I don't have a specific genre in mind, I love stuff like (in electronic music) AFX, Shpongle, Electrypnose, Water Lily, The Prodigy, Hallucinogen, Hardfloor, Toxic Coma, Velvet Acid Christ, Venetians Snares... I'm forgetting a tons of artists, but you get the point :)

And I know that online jamming is nowhere near the *real* thing, but the thing is that I have yet to find someone who's also beginning in my area...

I'm not looking for a huge-5-hours-a-day musical relationship (yet? :D ), just someone who'd be interested in sharing ideas/tracks and build them with :)

G

Invité
tiax, when i begun, i didn't want to jam with medium/begginer musicians. you have to practice and learn from the best, if you want to get better and better.
i have a proposition to all of you that want to start something.
one user should lay some drums, and make the contours of a "song". then, he would pass it to the next user, that would add his ideas the song. then, he would pass it to another fellow...then, when we finished with the tweaking, we would upload it, so everyone can hear it.
i'm really into it, i have my brain full of ideas, like fish jumping on the water in a nice summer day.
:D

G

Invité
Hey, now *thats* a good idea ! I'm in, and count on me to do my best !

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
I'm game for that. I don't do a lot with music but I've played around with it a bit.

My specialty is the cowbell. :rock: :rock:

G

Invité
so, who wants to start with the drum layering ?

forkbender, cowbell is never too much 8)

G

Invité
Do we set the track basis together before doing anything else ? Is Live! okay for you ?

I have a day off tommorow, so I could start doing the drums part !

G

Invité
i think it will work best if you do the thing at your taste, then when you think you have finished something, send it to me. don't forget to leave some empty space on the songs, and i'll do the same if someone wants it afterwards.
the sequencer software doesn't matter, because you should record and render everything to a single mp3 file.
i can even send it back to you, and it ends where it has begun, does a nice full circle and you get to give the first and final word. :D

G

Invité
Forkbender a dit:
My specialty is the cowbell. :rock: :rock:

WFcowbell.gif

*And count me in :D

G

Invité
Hmm, after giving it some after thought, I think that some more experienced should lay the drum track... This is gonna be the basis of the final track, so having something not too amateurish would make the task easier...

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
daytripper a dit:
the sequencer software doesn't matter, because you should record and render everything to a single mp3 file.
hm. I don't know, I think this would make it very difficult to add stuff in time (or beat or bar, no idea about the exact translation). ok, it would work with live due to the excellent warp-markers.
but I think as it is his aim to learn from others it would be better to send around the source file (and possibly the mp3 file too, for others to hear what's going on)

G

Invité
electronic music hasn't to be all automated, but since it is your choice, i am forced to agree. i have no experience with live from ableton, i regulary use adobe audition, because i really like the wave editing capabilities. give me some time to explore this DAW and we'll work on it. you guys are creating too many problems for a simple dance track.
tiax doesn't want to lay the drums. anyone wants to do it ?