Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

The Visual of a Lifetime

I Love Lucy

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
24 Oct 2011
Sometime in November, possibly December i took 5 hits of gel tab LSD. I was originally going to do 3 but my friend backed out and I decide "fuck it, I'll do 5. The ensuing sixteen hours were odd, confusing, enlightening, chaotic, mezmorizing, and inspiring. Pretty normal LSD experiences except for two things. I'll start off by letting it be known I'm in the midst of creating a clothing company with a friend of mine; nothing to extraordinary just a unique twist on the simplicity of streetwear. Anyway we have all sorts of design ideas, drawings, and pictures hanging on the wall in our living room, which was the setting of my experience.I was having crazy visuals, much like the swirl effect on a photo booth camera, and staring at our wall. One picture, hand drawn by my friend, caught my eye for awhile. It isn't the most exciting story or chain of event, but being on 5 hits, in the mind state i was in, staring at this wall of ideas between my and my friends made me feel as if i could see exactly what they were thinking. The clothing idea is about a year old right now and we had been struggling to find way to get motivated about it until recently. I don't know for sure if it was because of this profound moment in my mind, but since that day my creative thinking has reached a new level. My friend and I who were on the same page but different paragraphs are now not only on the same sentence but we're reading it together.
The second memory of the trip that is still resonating inside me came when I was meditating and listening to music. Recently my friends and I got our hand onto an MPC1000 ( a music making machine, in our case to make beats). I wasn't a musical person nor did I understand how to make a drum pattern before I took these 5 hits. A friend of mine has an MPC and is a producer, I've tried to make beats with him before and could never grasp my mind around it, that is until i had my experience. I sat in my living room for three hours with an instrumental playlist on the surround sound. The playlist included beats by: 9th Wonder, RJD2, J-Dilla, JakeOne, Madlib, Onra & Quetzel, Oddisee, Black Milk, Swiff D, etc. Anyway I was sitting in my favorite chair when this RJD2 song came on. I started by trying to listen to every sound that I was hearing, once I did that I tired to find where the sound was coming from (left, right, front, back). After that I found myself following each sound and recognizing the loop of the drum pattern. Once I was able to understand the song I found myself tracing each sound back to the pad on the MPC in which it came from. To simplify: I don't remember if my eyes were open or closed, but all I do know is that I saw a figure pressing each pad on the MPC for each sound and making the song I was hearing. I saw how the drum pattern was made. I saw how the sample was flipped. Seeing all this led me to start listening to beats in a new way. I now think and see beat making as a bass drum opening the door to amazing sounds and the snare closing it again, only for the bass to kick it back open again, and let the sound back out.
When its all said and done I don't know if this trip will make a difference but I will always remember it, 5 was the most I've taken at once. I wish i wrote about it closer to the date the story would have been more detailed but I didn't understand beats until i saw it. I'm a visual learner but seeing one person do it and seeing yourself do it are two completely different things. I've done a fair share of LSD, and every time it leaves me with something whether it's important remains to be seen, but it's unique to me and for that alone I'll try and use it to the best of my ability. So one more trip in the books and two more outlooks to add the the creative spectrum that is my life.

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Great read.

The point where you knew what your friends were thinking simply by looking at their art - such an intense feeling. Its like everything becomes so simple. Creativity comes so easy, you can create like never before.

And the listening to music and understanding it from a producer's perspective - yes.

I have experiences that strongly resonate with these. I love those feelings.

I once got into a car while high on psilocybin - I became the car - I could have outperformed most professional drivers.
I listened to a CD while on psilocybin and some of my favorite music became so simplified I no longer enjoy it! I realized the talent wasn't there, and other songs I listened to in awe as I listened to the raw skill and mastery of music they had. IT becomes so much easier to see creativity. I love that about psychadelics.