Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

"TV = Mind Control"

ophiuchus

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
i don't necessarily share the exact same views as this video, im actually quite optimistic :) , but i think this is a solid approach to understanding the variables at play with this kind of technology. enjoy.
[youtube]Nq9Gg7A-YEE[/youtube]

My Pitiful E-Rep

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
20 Mar 2012
Good stuff, notice how they saved the Jew bashing for the end?
That was funny.

And I adore the take away message after all that stitched together goodness.. "Switch it off! Don't be lied to! Turn the TV off! Come educate yourself at [iamtheonlytruthyouneed.com]"... or whatever. Very funny if you ask me. Ha ha ha. I laugh. Don't trust that bullshit, 'educate' yourself at our one website. hee hee.

Thank Crom, in his infinite wisdom, we have the glorious, 100% truthful and non propaganda filled internet to save us now. There's certainly no way that the internet is even easier to spread lies and misinformation than 4 centralized news networks. Right? Or....Or at least the website the vid linked to. Thank God for whatever honest, forthright corporation owns that website. Or pays the individual. Or even just Jow Scmoe who must educate me cuz I can't do it myself. :wink:

Maybe. Who knows?

Praise the Network! The Network shall set us free! lol.
Network-1976-Hollywood-Movie-Watch-Online-214x300.jpg

Finally, the whole thing sidesteps that we all have a choice whether to turn on the tv or whatever newest 'boob tube' the populus happens to be staring in now, and relax our minds and float downstream, letting whatever channel we have on kinda determine what we are thinking about, whether we make a 'good' choice or a crappy choice of stuff to fill our heads with. Which, really can also be accomplished by just talking to someone else, for that matter. Contact highs and all that.
Or it's opposite, the buzz kill. Just talk to your local amped up, spun out meth freak, he'll fill your noggin with all kinds of goofy shit. Maybe not as hypnotically as a tv, but...

I made this little line up, I think, many years ago, "there's a million channels for free when you turn off the tv.'
You like it? Use it. It applies to the internet as well.

[youtube]-w67DUjx7q0[/youtube]
God, the 90's were awesome.

Now, I wouldn't want you to leave, thinking I am shitting on 'your' video.
To me it's a great and important topic. And the fact no one on a NeuroTravel site comments....
speaks volumes. Maybe. Or maybe not.

virtuality.jpg

You are staring into a flickering set as you read this now...pureeing your attention span.
Shrinking your cerebral cortex. Ahhh, good times. Ciao!

tripofthebrain

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
20 Mar 2012
:) got rid of my TV five years ago. Just got sick and tired of what was spewing forth from each channel. I do like watching nature and astronomy documentaries which I watch online, and good comedy which is provided by Bill Hicks and George Carlin.

What I have noticed is how much people are addicted to the television, so much so that they plan their lives around what they watch! Modern technology offers a wide selection of gadget addictions! Glad to say I don't have a mobile phone either as this has hit pandemic proportions here in the UK - expect its the same worldwide too!

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
what always astounds me how willingly people expose themselves to the most nervegrinding and stupid advertising, be it in the radio or the tv. I'm not very Zen about them at all... 10 seconds and I feel very very uncomfortable with that shit running.

tripofthebrain

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
20 Mar 2012
whenever I'm at a friends house and they have their TV on I feel ill. So I always ask (politely) if they will switch the TV off, which they kindly do.

Also radio adverts make me irritated! I hate commercial radio stations! So I make sure I don't listen to them!!!

I dislike going to my dentist as they have what is allegedly music in the waiting area! It really is annoying :rolleyes: I want to get a sledgehammer and smash the damn music system!!!

In my next life I'll return as a hermit :D

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
"Switch it off! Don't be lied to! Turn the TV off! Come educate yourself at [iamtheonlytruthyouneed.com]"

haha agreed. i cannot condone the message in it's entirety but television is so... hypnotic.

for many people it's like a campfire. once it's going everyone can just sit there and stare at it for hours in awe and silence; only a campfire doesn't entrain ones brainwaves to be lustful, greedy, afraid, and short tempered. :rolleyes:

i do not like when other people have their tv on while im visiting either, but this does depend on the nature of the show too. across the board though, i cannot stand commercials. something that i have begun doing is constantly pointing out the absurdity of them, or making jokes of them. this brings the advert to the front of the persons attention, and makes them really think about what they are consuming, instead of it being a subliminal message to their unconscious. if having the tv off is too much for your company, a good game to play is to mute the commercials and make up ones own dialogue. this gets everyone involved in the bizarre videos, and they often fall apart under scrutiny.

moreover, does the sound of the tv itself not bother you guys? it bothers me even if i hear a tv on in another room. it's not the show itself mind you, but say if a tv is on another input, like for a movie, but the screen is just blank or blue. that frequency of the tv itself has become very grating to my ears.

tripofthebrain

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
20 Mar 2012
the sound of a TV - does it annoy me? It irritates the hell out of me! Its a tormenting demon! It deserves its place in hell.......not that I believe in such nonsense.......but it gets the point across :shock:

TV is the new(ish) religion with its promotion of soulless "celebrities"(<hate that word - hate that word - hate that word) as the newly ordained high priests of insanity! Hideous monsters created to squeeze the creative juices from the viewers brains include X Factor, Big Brother and Britain's Got Talent, and when you see the audience at these events(I have caught fleeting glimpses) its like they are at some happy clappy evangelical church! They lose control of their own senses - which is the aim of these "shows". The big clue is right in front of peoples eyes - Television Programme! It does what it says on the tin!

Be creative = get rid of the TV
Be a prisoner = watch the TV

Square eyes = square mind = enslaved :(