Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

THC(marijuana)Helps cure cancer says Harvard study

krasojazdec

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
17 Nov 2009
Believe it or not, a Harvard study released on April 17, 2007 shows that the active ingredient in marijuana, THC, cuts tumor growth in common lung cancer in half and significantly reduces the ability of the cancer to spread!

Researchers at Harvard tested the chemical THC in both lab and mouse studies. They say this is the first set of experiments to show that the compound, THC actually activates naturally produced receptors to fight off lung cancer. The researchers suggest that THC or other designer agents that activate these receptors might be used in a targeted fashion to treat lung cancer.

Although a medical substitute of THC, known as Marinol, has been used as an appetite stimulant for cancer patients and other similar treatments, few studies have shown that THC might have anti-tumor activity.

*HERE IS THE INTERESTING PART* The only clinical trial testing THC as a treatment against cancer growth was a recently completed British pilot study. For three weeks, researchers injected standard doses of THC into mice that had been implanted with human lung cancer cells, and found that tumors were reduced in size and weight by about 50 percent in treated animals compared to a control group. There was also about a 60 percent reduction in cancer lesions on the lungs in these mice as well as a significant reduction in protein markers associated with cancer progression.

credit to: http://www.nowpublic.com/thc_marijuana_ ... vard_study

Psychoid

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
I think it would be interesting to see if there ever was any life-long regular cannabis user who had cancer.

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
Yeah, it seems there's a fair amount of research indicating THC does not cause cancer or even has a preventive effect, and some of these are pretty large studies. Now all I need to do is stop smoking it (as even without the cancer, smoke still irritates lungs, destroys the cilia, etc) and get a vaporizer and stick to that, and/or eating it :)

Jelleb

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
5 Déc 2008
to bad there is to much joy in rolling & smoking to quit it..

krasojazdec

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
17 Nov 2009
haha, i agree with jelleb

davebrown

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
19 Mar 2008
life-long regular cannabis user who had cancer
Terence McKenna.
However, he had brain cancer, and this study references lung cancer, so maybe it's different. But obviously THC does travel to the brain. He might just be a special case or something

EDIT: Mckenna had Glioblastoma multiforme, the "most aggressive type of primary brain tumor in humans"

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
Jelleb a dit:
to bad there is to much joy in rolling & smoking to quit it..

If you'd try a good vaporizer you'd immediately throw away all those rolling papers, pipes, bong, etc. And never miss it. I swear.

Your lungs stay healthy, it tastes MUCH better, gets you higher, and the high is cleaner. More energizing, and less tiredness. And the smell isn't very strong and goes away in a few minutes (I use it in my parents house everyday and they rarely notice the smell, even when they enter the room I vaped in 2 minutes after I'm done).

http://www.arizer.com

I am using the V-Tower Extreme from them, and it rocks.

trick

Banni
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
AMAZING. I love it.

Picture THIS! Years have been spent looking for the cure of cancer.. Years have ALSO been spent trying to abolish marijuana use and lock up there users and throw away the key. Imagine how the government would react if marijuana ended up being a full on cure for cancer(with safe injestion as mentioned above).
Am I the only one seeing the american governments ego not letting this happen? Can you say COVER UP.. lol. :lol: :roll:

sopor

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
great news.

just a flash i got reading this:

i am reading a book anastazia by vladimir megre, and he talks about how plants that we grow adjust to develop compounds that heal the people. so cannabis developed thc, because it sensed that our smoking it is harmful to our lungs?

far out :)

davebrown

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
19 Mar 2008
sopor a dit:
cannabis developed thc, because it sensed that our smoking it is harmful to our lungs

But why would we be smoking it in the first place if there was no THC?

sopor

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
yeah my thought exactly. but hey, if we go into this hippie space of mind, there is no first place, past and future, time is a illusion, great all-conscious mind is everywhere.

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
there are theories like THC being made by the plant to ward off insects or made as protector from UV rays (since they make more in the presence of it) like some kind of endogenous sunscreen. but either way or another the thing is we have been messing around with the cannabis plant for so long that we have literally modified their species through coevolution for wanted traits... like THC. the original, unmodified wild plant it's rare. it's like how dogs are examples of neoteny and there are so many custom breeds. even if they weren't that much thrilled about making the THC, we (us and the plants) made it happen.