Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Syrian Rue + Mimosa Hostilis (trip report)

tryptonaut

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
This was my third attempt at an ayahuasca-analogue, this time I must say it worked. It worked a lot better than I had expected...

I made two seperate teas, one with 5g Syrian Rue seeds, one with 10g of Mimosa Hostilis root bark. I cooked both with lemon juice for about an hour, then let it sit for about another hour, then cooked it again for a few minutes (I dunno if this makes any sense, it just came out that way).
I drank the Syrian Rue tea and ate almost all of the seeds (didn't manage to get them all down). I was not having any problems with the maoi, my diet this day had been some potatoes with salt and butter, two slices of toast and an apple.

After I had finished the Rue tea, I waited a few minutes and started drinking the Mimosa Hostilis tea, which really smelled and tasted very, very bad...
I managed to drink a little more than half of the tea (equalling roughly 6g of m.h.r.b). After I had finished that amount there were two reasons I didn't drink the rest: First, I did not want to overdose, second, I knew I was going to throw up immediately if I had one more sip of the brew...

I lay down on my bed and waited for the effects. After about half an hour I got a little sick, but not so much that I really had to throw up, so I thought I keep it in a little longer. Then I noticed the first effects.
I was having c.e.v.s which were, to my surprise, in black and white. The images were clear, but not at all like the typical jungle-visions of ayahuasca. They seemed to be more medieval, almost like from a dracula movie with castles and stuff.
This state got a little stronger over time, I guess for about an hour, when I suddenly got sick again. I wanted to throw up, but I couldn't, and then the sickness vanished again.

Then it got stronger, I hadn't expected that to happen, I had already settled with the mild c.e.v.'s - but now it got the intensity of a really strong shroom trip (something like 8g cubensis I'd say...). There were hardly any visions anymore, but now it didn't matter if I closed my eyes or not, I was in spiritland...
There it was, the feeling of being stripped naked in front of the universe, you can have no secrets, everything you lie about to yourself is suddenly being presented clearly and objectively to you. I was glad I knew this feeling from strong shroom trips (most extremely from the one with syrian rue).

Some time later (how long? I really don't know...) I became a little sick again, but again, couldn't throw up and the sickness vanished. I really wanted to throw up at this point to avoid the trip getting any stronger, but I couldn't throw up and the trip did get stronger...
I knew that if the trip got stronger than this I will totally lose myself and go to hyperspace - no problem with that except I was afraid that I might starting to scream for help or something and I live in an apartment with thin walls, so my neighbours might then call the cops or something... I know the setting wasn't perfect, but I hadn't aimed for total ego dissolution, so well...

What I can still remember is that I fought a little to stay halfway in reality so that I could be aware of my body and my breathing. It didn't work all the time, I was floating off to somewhere else more than once. The sad thing about it is I can't seem to remember most parts of the trip in this phase. What I do remember is that I was suddenly presented with the most unbelievable feeling of grief and sadness. It wasn't linked to anything in my personal history, but it felt like I had just gotten notice that all my friends and family had died. That was quite an experience, I had not known the feeling of grief and sadness could be so intense. It was more than unpleasant, but I think it was a lesson learned.
This experience passed and the trip got nice again, actually to a point of magical ecstasy where it stayed until it got gradually less intense.

I don't know how long it was all in all, I think 4 hours or so until I fell asleep.

It was quite an experience but I had relatively few visions, it was more about feelings than visions. I did float to hyperspace a few times but can't remember what I saw (bummer!) maybe that's because I was a little tense about letting go. I guess the real visions will only start once you're there for a while and relax totally (which I couldn't, see above)
I didn't throw up at all - that probably made the trip pretty strong with only 6g of m.h.r.b. - maybe it would have been less intense had I had more tea and thrown it all up after half an hour...)

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
btw. I wanted to add that the recipe on the ******* site should be changed a little, it says:

Steep 3 to 5 grams of ground peganum harmala seeds in hot water. Do the same with 9 grams of Mimosa hostlis and mix that with some lemon or lime juice. Drink the peganum harmala extract and after 15 minutes the Mimosa mixture.

That is just like saying to a first timer he should take 10-15g dried cubensis in a tea with lemon juice. The trip with roughly 6g of m.h.r.b. was extremely fuckin intense. This is not for newbies!

patilan420

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
24 Déc 2005
Hi, one month ago friend got some MHRB from USA and asked me to organize a small ritual, because he kney I've participated in some

It was 115 grams druied big peases of rootbark , so I told him it's for 6 to 10 people, beter 8, so I ordered 25 gr of Paganum Harmala.. We went in the mountain, and it turned out, that he invited 10 people... anyway, we continued.
I took a knife and made the rootbark on small fibers few santimeters long, few milimeters wide and realy thin. than started the boiling proces, we boiled it with some lemon juice at small fire 4 times, each time longer and colected all the liqid. Than we crushed the harmala seeds on powder and boiled it 4 times, then colected all the liqid in separate botle.
Than we mixed the 2 compownds and boiled it one more time(it was almost no taste left)

we prepared an altar, put some crystals and feathers on it than we sat aroun the fire and shared first half of the MAOI brew, than half of the Jurema... I wimited first, than half of the other people also vomited.

the tripy feeling apiered soon after vomiting, very intense, very vivid, everything vibrating and alive, everything floating in an energy field...
I thought "wOw, its so strong from half a dose!.."
But after 45 minutes the trip started to fade, we drunk
more, but we didn't reach the level from the begining, the visions did not came back, just the feeling of bliss and unity..
After the trip it turned out that one girl had wery intense trip , one of the boys had wery weak one, and the others had pritty much like me,
they said it's much better than shrooms, but that next time we take more.
So maybe our mistakes was that we had not enough MAOI(2.5 g HPr per person) and that we did not drunk the whole Jurema dose at once.

WaseFraKa

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
26 Sept 2005
ayahuasca and anlogues are indeed very profound experiences. And like you from the two experiences I had (it was both time cappi+viridis, the first time with fresh caapi), I had not many visuals almost none apart from some glimpse from time to time.

1st time I purged physically(surely the brew was too strong), wanted to puke like say from 1h30 after ingestion, but did only puke when completely submerged by the effects at about 3hrs. But the effects were almost only physical and very very strong, only maybe in the last 30min had i crazy thoughts that were psychedelic and these were not really nice (like this time I took too much, i'm getting schizo....but I tried staying in reality telling myself this is going to have an end). At 4hr I was completely down in one second! Still had some effects but I was very lucid and all. And I felt soo good. This feeling stayed for approximately one week, beeing myself more than I never had been.

2nd time was much nicer and like you I had some glimpses of the universe. But this time I had to purge out of my ass, pissing strange fluids. But it was before the peak in the experience so it was ok. This time as I didn't puke, I didn't come down instantly, and I felt as if by not puking, the experience was failed. Even though the brew that was in my stomach had aspirated(is that a word?), but they were not released by puking. maybe they went out the next day through the back hole. This experience left me much less good energy than my first experience.

I look forward for my next experience, to see how it will turn out.

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
Interesting thing to say a few days afterwards is I think the ayahuasca experience affected my normal life experience slower but better than mushrooms. With shrooms I usually have this glow afterwards that lasts a day and from there on it's getting less until I trip again. This time with ayahuasca (I know it wasn't ayahuasca, but nevertheless it was natural dmt+natural maoi) I first missed the glow the day after. I felt good and still felt quite tripped-out, but that was it. Now it's four days later and I realized I started feeling better from day to day.

I had had a few problems lately with stress (at work and personal) I could feel it because my pulse was elevated even when I was quietly lying in bed.
After the dmt experience I was becoming more relaxed from day to day and at the same time I became active. I don't need caffeine anymore in the morning. I just forgot about caffeine for two days in a row. That has never happened to me before in my entire life (...well, since I was about 16).
Today I had slept too little (only about an hour) but I was in a good mood at work and my mood got even better the later the day (I'm used to the opposite when I only got one hour of sleep!)

My thesis is that la purga happened slower to me - not on the upside, but at the bottom... it took a few days longer ;)

Well, I can very much support the theory now that ayahuasca (and its analogues) are good anti-depressants after the actual trip is over.

So maybe our mistakes was that we had not enough MAOI(2.5 g HPr per person)
I think so. I once tried 3g P.H. and didn't feel much from it alone. With 5g I can feel a very very strong relaxing and sedating effect.
Also with 5g P.H. a shroom trip with 6g dried cubensis had been the darkest ride of my life and it lasted forever! Ten hours after I had taken the shrooms I was still tripping and my pupils were large like ufo's.
As I said, this time because I had not been throwing up the trip became more intense after like 3 hours. Seems like the 5g P.H. had still been working very well.

WaseFraKa

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
26 Sept 2005
tryptonaut a dit:
With shrooms I usually have this glow afterwards that lasts a day and from there on it's getting less until I trip again.

Interesting. I don't like the shrooms afterglow. It feels like i'm still in the void world between everyday life and shroom world, and as days pass by I feel better. But I much prefer the after effect of ayahuasca, that is for sure. Much more focused and beeing more yourself.

but then again I can't say I'm very experienced in both case, but that's how i felt from my few experiences

TheeLord!

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
10 Déc 2005
Hi all,

A very interesting and well done trip-report, thx trypto.

It raised my curiosity s.t I finally did what I wanted to do since almost a year: trying aYa.

Recipe: Almost identical, only minimal variations.
Made a tea out of 5g Syrian Rue (plus lemon juice),
boiled it for 15 minutes.
Ate 1g Rue-seeds (fresh) and drank the tea (without seeds).
Taste of the Rue-tea: Bad; nasty, but bearable.
Waited 15 minutes.
Then I made tea from 10g Mimosa Hostilis. (also added lemon juice)
Boiled it for 15 minutes.
(-> 30 Minutes total between Rue tea and Mimosa tea)
Taste: Completely out of order, one of the most disgusting things I ever drank. ("abartigst")
A small and unimportant detail: I almost liked the Mimosa-brew smell, but only its taste matters, unfortunately.
I didn't use destilled water, just ordinary tap-water.
Like trypto I only managed to drink about half of the Mimosa-brew, with (probably) the same "one more sip and I'll throw up" feeling.
Had to drink it very slowly, took approx 30 minutes.

30 minutes after the last sip (1 hour after the first sip) the effects kicked in.
Very quickly.
A very intense trip.
Can't remember a lot of the "core experience" :-(

It was a very positive one for sure.
Very little nausea. No vomitting.
In most shrooms experiences I had far bigger problems with nausea.

Lot of differences and lot of similarities at the same time compared to a (strong) shroom trip.

Main difference I experienced: No visuals at all.
Mushroom trips: Usually have a "room transformation"/visual aspect for me.
Funny patterns, color changes, "glows" ... not at all phases of the shroom trip, but usually at the beginning and at the end.
At the middle / peak of a shrooms-trip it switches from "external" (visual) to an "internal" trip.

In this aYa experience I only had an internal phase
-> internal/introspective trip only.

Feelings ("body feeling", flow of thoughts etc) very very very similar to the "internal phase" of a shrooms trip.

Sled quickly to an ego-loss like state.
No complete ego-loss though.
(ego-loss-light .. ok stupid, but cant find any better words for it)
Thinking many thoughts at the same time, somehow being many different personalities, but still being self-aware, aware that I'm tripping ... what happens etc ... (that's why I'm hesitating to call it *complete* ego-loss).
Sometimes bubbling stupid things ...
Though completely "unvisual" -> very spiritual
Perhaps that's what trypto called being in spiritland ...
Hope that makes sense to anyone, though I don't think so ;-)

One more big difference to shrooms: quite often I have periods of more or less strong fears on shrooms.

No "fears" at all on aYa.
Doesn't mean the the trip was "easy" to handle.
But no fears.

The "day after" feels completely different than the day/s after shrooms.
Very "positive".
Relaxed, being in a very good/happy mood, feels like after three weeks holidays ;-)
True, no "afterglow" (though I like it a lot)

Duration: Shorter than a typical shrooms trip, but not a lot.
2-4 hours, can't remember exaclty.

Looking forward to repeat (experiment with) it :)

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
TheeLord, that sounds very similar to my experience, the trip somehow skipped the visuals of a shroom trip (I only had mild closed eye visuals for about an hour) and then went to full intensity at once. With "I was in spiritland" I meant the stage where you suddenly open your eyes and you know that you are somewhere else, no matter if you open or close your eyes. You can see the world around you, but ithere's something radically different about it. It's a kind of clarity, but you are on a another plane.

TheeLord!

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
10 Déc 2005
With "I was in spiritland" I meant the stage where you suddenly open your eyes and you know that you are somewhere else, no matter if you open or close your eyes.

Ah, ok, sounds like an interesting state, thx for clarification.
No, unfortunately I couldn't experience this.
(as far as I can remember *g*)

BTW: Yesterday I tried to repeat the aYa experience.

10g Mimosa Hostilis
5g Rue
(-> same doses + same batch I used for the last superb/devine trip)

and additionaly
30 g Psychotria viridis

Same receipe / preparation / maoi diet / whatever (except that I took virdis in addition) but this times exactly 0 effects.

BTW^2: Could get down the brews far better this time ->
loads of chewing gums after each sip did the trick.

Nothing. Null. Not even a weak trip, Nada.
Except for the very minimal trippy feeling "Rue-stand-alone" gives me.

Quite interesting.

Usualy I'd say -> bad/weak batch of plant material. Natural variation in potency.
But I used the same batch I used for the strong trip I got last time.

Too little time inbetween ? ( 1 Week)

Is it common to aYa that it often doesnt work at all ?

G

Invité
No, DMT clears your system in no time, you can do another session the next day. Or even do 2 in 24 hours
This guy a friend of mine knows, a 58 year old hippy, did about 200 sessions in the rainforrest in half a year, led by shamans ofcourse.

I know this seems insane, but some of the sessions we're led by a 9 year old, how's that for a culture shock ;)