Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Synthetics Versus Natural

purewill

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
21 Nov 2013
Sounds almost like a sci-fi death match :p This is an old conflict, but one I feel still deserves some attention. I generally steer clear of synthetic drugs because pharmaceutical grade anything does not get absorbed as well as natural substances (even when it comes to protein powder and a chicken breast). I once read that you can get the same trip as mushrooms by taking store bought anti histamines. After taking the recommended dose, and having nothing happen, I took another full dose and there is no similarity between the two. All the damn medication did was make my face go sort of numb, made my eyes unable to focus properly and sleep like a rock. While the mushrooms altered my perception in a very noticeable way. Since then I have not even considered taking synthetics, but it seems closed minded to rule them all out due to one experience. So my question is are there any synthetics worth taking? Rather, are there any synthetics that truly replicate experiences like peyote, dmt, etc? And please feel free to discuss your opinion on synthetics versus natural drugs.

Jamapricotica

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
18 Déc 2008
I doubt that there are any anti-histamines that will replicate the effects of psilocybe mushrooms. I don't recommend using pharmacy medicine to achieve altered states of consciousness as the practice has been proven time and time again to be unhealthy, unpleasant or even fatal.
There are plenty of synthetic drugs that produce psychedelic effects but you will find that most of the safer ones are already illegal in most countries. My thoughts extend toward the 2-C family of phenethylamines.
I can only speak for one of these 2-C drugs, that is 2C-I. Effects are strongly psychedelic but unlike mushrooms are severely lacking in emotional or spiritual essence. Effects lasted for twelve hours straight with intense visual distortion and very intense closed eye visuals. Very confusing head-space. Unpleasant speedy side-effects. Worst hangover since my absinth mishap.
It all depends on what you are trying to achieve really.

Finarfin

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Juil 2013
The psychoactive compounds that are in peyote and mushrooms have been synthesized. So there is synthetic mescaline for example or synthetic psilocybin.

my own take on this. I am not a chemist and i do not know that much about chemistry. When you buy synthetic drugs you often do not know what you,re going to get. If you want to know if it,s pure you need to test it or you need to know(trust) your source real good.
I am all for the natural because you can grow the natural plants and mushrooms yourself. It is fun to grow cacti mushrooms or other plants. You know what you get and you know it is pure. There is no need to buy from a dealer.
The down side of the natural plants and mushrooms is the taste and the fact that it can be heavy on the stomach sometimes.
LSA containing seeds for example can be heavy on the stomach, however the psychoactive effects of these seeds can be very nice and relaxing.
For me personaly it,s all about the natural. Growing and consuming.

Jamapricotica

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
18 Déc 2008
Finarfin a dit:
When you buy synthetic drugs you often do not know what you,re going to get. If you want to know if it,s pure you need to test it or you need to know(trust) your source real good.

This is a good point. People who want to make money will cut corners because they can get away with it.
When you go natural all you need to know is a bit of taxonomy and a bit of gardening. :weed:

Monad

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
15 Sept 2012
We (human) are a product of nature, so everything that we produce is part of nature!

What about LSD (a substance active in the micrograms!)? Or the more recently discovered 4-AcO-x and 4-HO-x? These are psychedelics with a capital P!

I say this just to spice up the conversation... I really love sacred fungi and plants too, but I dont like to be too categorical!

Much love and respect,

Finarfin

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Juil 2013
Jamapricotica a dit:
This is a good point. People who want to make money will cut corners because they can get away with it.
When you go natural all you need to know is a bit of taxonomy and a bit of gardening. :weed:

These days there are researches chemicals sold as MDMA or LSD. This year we have seen cases of 25I-NBOMe being sold as LSD with dangerous overdose situations as a result. The have been selling substances like MDA as if it is MDMA.

LegalHighsPhD

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
4 Août 2014
The issue with synthetics is that it's unlikely that the product you order contains only what you intend to take in the first place.

howhow

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
20 Juil 2016
synthetics give me comedowns. i quite often get afterglow from organics

AfunKYmonK

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
6 Juil 2016
Lsd is the greatest drug on planet earth, and it is synthetic. Ive never done peyote or mescaline, and am very eager to try! That being said, I have had SOME of the hardest trips of my life on mushrooms...still prefer L between the two although its been a long while since ive eaten mush

silverback

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
3 Nov 2016
I'm completely new in this stuff.Except between my thyrtie and fourtys a did several times LSD.Now that i'm over my fiftie's,Iwil start with Datura Inoxia seeds.I pêrused on this forum that eating six datura seeds give me nice dreams.So i will like to started with that.Although it was said that six seeds can do ypo no harm.Can sombody give me a little feedback on this?it is obvious that English isn't my native language,but I hope that I'm clear enough.Later I will begin wiith mushrooms.Wich sort of mushroom i best use for a first time?Best wishes,Daniel.