Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Sums up why I almost left the forum.

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=skeptic-agenticity

"Souls, spirits, ghosts, gods, demons, angels, aliens, intelligent designers, government conspirators, and all manner of invisible agents with power and intention are believed to haunt our world and control our lives. Why?"

"But we do something other animals do not do. As large-brained hominids with a developed cortex and a theory of mind—the capacity to be aware of such mental states as desires and intentions in both ourselves and others—we infer agency behind the patterns we observe in a practice I call “agent­icity

Mr.Smith

Banni
Inscrit
28 Jan 2009
what?

there are no spiritualists here

feel free to piss off any time

Getafix

Banni
Inscrit
18 Avr 2009
There are very few members here who are concerned with 'invisible agents', so where do you get the notion from that most forum members here are 'spiritualists'?

I should read the article first though. Will write another comment when I've done so.

Space-is-the-Place

Inscrit
22 Sept 2008
Well, opposing one extreme and then following another isn't really a well balanced equation, is it?

I consider myself a spiritual human being, but I don't believe in creationism or conspiracy theories,
nor do I follow god's or angels or whatever, so I guess I don't really get your point.
I also don't think the things expressed in the article have anything to do with what the people here believe.

Some scientific explanation can rule out spirituality, it can explain the loads of paranoia people let themselves in with though.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
HAHAHA.

My definition of spiritualism:

You believe a plant has a spirit, a person has a spirit, you believe in heaven, you believe in god. (And/Or)

:)

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
moved to art and philosophy.

who on here actually believes in god as in 'a seperate entity'? I never read anything like that on here.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
You guys are weird.

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
I don't believe that God exists, I know that God exists :wink: But I still don't get the point.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
agency is an interesting topic.

Question to IJesusChrist: Who almost left the forum?

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Mr.Smith a dit:
answer the question

who here believes " a plant has a spirit, a person has a spirit, you believe in heaven, you believe in god. (And/Or)" ?

or were you just trying to insult everybody?

restin a dit:
I don't believe that God exists, I know that God exists But I still don't get the point

... Same deal.

I almost left the forum, because I thought you were all congregating to circle-jerk each other as an agency

Nomada

Inscrit
4 Juil 2008
IJesusChrist a dit:
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=skeptic-agenticity

"Souls, spirits, ghosts, gods, demons, angels, aliens, intelligent designers, government conspirators, and all manner of invisible agents with power and intention are believed to haunt our world and control our lives. Why?"

"But we do something other animals do not do. As large-brained hominids with a developed cortex and a theory of mind—the capacity to be aware of such mental states as desires and intentions in both ourselves and others—we infer agency behind the patterns we observe in a practice I call “agent­icity

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
It's not the car you drive but the arm hanging out the window.

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
@ Ijesuschrist

I have the feeling you want to label us and put us in a box. :(

We are not a group. We are all individuals. Some of us believe in god, spirits, ghost or conspiracy theory's. Others don't.