Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Spiritual rights

adetheproducer

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
1 Avr 2013
Just a bit of a rant really.

Fed up with various countries differing laws of use of so called "drugs"

More infuriating is when governments decide what religions are allowed to use their sacred herbs, mushrooms or what ever and the rest of us still face legal problems.
At what point does age of religion or numbers of practicing individuals have any bearing one individual spirituality.

I post this as come from Wales in the UK. Now I dont wont te get bogged down with heavey tones of opression but as a Welsh person my peoples history is very rich untill you look before the Romans. With their power of the lord and dominating progression they pretty much removed any traditional shamanistical practices of the drewid peoples. As it was looked at as pagan and evil. Now several hundreds of years later I am left with no cerimonies, limited original religious culture and very winners bias view of my peoples history(We where not the winners). I am how ever left with large ammount of magic mushrooms in my home land. There is archeological evidence available that shows celtic peoples used many substances found in uk such as henbain and cannabis and it only seems logical that they would have used mushrooms.

so...

this being so should I, like anyone else, have the right to decide and practice my own religious beliefs as I see fit provided no one else gets hurt. And if this means using mushrooms to elevate my consciesness to become one with god then so be it.

why does my goverment decide this so called recreational use of "drugs" be harmfull enough to individuals and societies health to make it illegal.

or more to the point what is the goverment affraid of with the use of these hallucinogens in the context of self improvement and spirituallity.

gopener

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
12 Juin 2013
Every culture have some ''drugs'' that they are helping the society to ''move on'' unfortunately on us (west world) is smokes and alcohol, is the most convenient , make as ego maniacs and consume machines.
They dont want psychedelics because makes us aware.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
totally man... it's sad to hear and see again and again as it seems, that probably most parts in the world have a lot of violence in their history.
maybe the violence lives on, but on different levels or so... i think cultures that enforce their values with violence are often very toxic cultures in a bad sense.

i guess the question regarding societies and the legalisation of psychedelic plants and substances is whether they are really ready...
i mean like we're a new generation and all that and so we should not forget the previous generation and what they experienced. maybe they have also some sort of post war traumas or so...
but still i think it's barbaric in some sense to prohibit us nature. in my opinion this is just wrong.
what should be done is teach proper knowledge about the plants and substances, so trips are based on sufficiently degrees or so of healthy common sense and responsability.

yeah i would say without all the war mongerers and idiots like that our planet could probably be much more evolved already...
now once more a good quote from terrence mc kenna.. not sure whether it can be mentioned often enough in such times or something like that: "what we need as a culture is an awakening."
i think history is somewhat repeating itself... weren't the romans for example quite an oppressive culture??? i would say there is something to be learned/gained and what if we could actually step out of such a cycle or so?
i don't think spiritual rights can or should be given from governments. as far as i can tell from what i have seen myself it should be somewhat alarming when church and state mix so to say...
don't let them tell you what you feel and what not!!!!... shit like that man... it's really sad... but i actually think more people are waking up... let's not give up!!!..

peace

Finarfin

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Juil 2013
adetheproducer a dit:
this being so should I, like anyone else, have the right to decide and practice my own religious beliefs as I see fit provided no one else gets hurt. And if this means using mushrooms to elevate my consciesness to become one with god then so be it.

why does my goverment decide this so called recreational use of "drugs" be harmfull enough to individuals and societies health to make it illegal.

or more to the point what is the goverment affraid of with the use of these hallucinogens in the context of self improvement and spirituallity.

Why? because (as i see it) there are religious fanatics that want to dictate how other people should live the life.
The number one force behind the suppression of freedom is (fundamentalist) religion.
(fundamentalist) religion is a curse for humanity and is the enemy of the free people.
In the Netherlands the Christian political party,s (dutch taliban as i call them) banned the mushrooms. And the also want to ban the selling of cannabis.
Politician are against psychedelics because they don,t want to lose those religious votes.
I think that sexuality is a good comparison. Why are gays have to fight for the right to marriage? Why are gays in some country,s imprisoned?

I think that fighting for religious freedom to take psychedelics is the wrong way to go. We should fight for non religious freedom to do whatever the f*ck we want, as long as we do not harm others.
RELIGION IS NOT THE ANSWER, IT,S THE PROBLEM.
We do not need more religious freedom. What we need is more rights for non religious people.

it,s a bloody shame that psychedelics are only allowed to be use by religious cults such as the UDV the Santo Daime and the Native American Church.
Religious freedom is such bullshit. People should be free to believe whatever they want, i agree. However why do people who are brainwashed with nonsense religion have more right then others. Why do you need to be in a cult to take a psychedelic?
As i see it cults as the UDV, the Santo Daime and the native american church or not our friends. These f*ckers want to keep the right to use ayahuasca or peyote for themselves. They stole ayahuasca from the native people and made a freaking Christian cult out of it.

Shamanism is not the same as religion. There are religious rights, there are no shamanic rights. Shamans have no rights. The only ones who have rights are the priest of those brainwash cults.
And this fact makes me angry.

inverted

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
2 Fev 2014
The sacred plants and fungi are the most dangerous weapon towards all Governance of man. The establishment know this well and have acted accordingly. Creativity, Art, Imagination, Innovation, all being targeted. Our evolution as a species intentionally suppressed by a chemical bombardment designed to prevent consciousness and awareness. The sacred plants and fungi are the most important evolutionary tool placed here with purposeful intention. they change everything. Only when we become free human beings will we have spiritual rights.

Finarfin

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Juil 2013
inverted a dit:
The sacred plants and fungi are the most dangerous weapon towards all Governance of man. The establishment know this well and have acted accordingly. Creativity, Art, Imagination, Innovation, all being targeted. Our evolution as a species intentionally suppressed by a chemical bombardment designed to prevent consciousness and awareness. The sacred plants and fungi are the most important evolutionary tool placed here with purposeful intention. they change everything. Only when we become free human beings will we have spiritual rights.

There may be some truth to this statement. However i also have the feeling it, s a little bit over simplified.
It, s a statement psychonauts or psychedelic people often make. However when you think about it it, s not completly true, the truth is a bit more complicated i think.

There have been cultures and rulers who allowed psychedelic plants and who used them themselves. When you take a look at these cultures and these rulers (take the Aztecs for example) the are just as bad or maybe even worst then cultures and rulers who do not allow psychedelics.

You can also use psychedelics to brainwash people.

We might agree that psychedelic plants and fungi have healing powers.
I believe in the powers of these plants. However i do not believe they are like a magic pill that cures all.
There are enough people who are *ssholes or d*ckheads who take psychedelics and still don, t change.

Like i wrote before i do not believe in ego death and i will explain why: when you take a psychedelic your ego may retreath or shut itself down for a short period. However when the trip is over the ego eventually comes back and often has learned very little. So the ego was never truely death it just was asleep or in a state of retreath. That is why i like to call it ego retreath instead of ego death.

People can take a lot of psychedelics but still have a BIG ego.