Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

So called "flashbacks"?

Zosimos

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
24 Oct 2008
So I've never really believed in the whole flashback thing or at least never read any proof of existing, always thought it was hysteria? Anyways, thought I'd mention something that happens to me and see if anyone else experiences the same. What happens is - Whenever I go and read about and sometimes simply even think about, lsd/shrooms, i get the facial sensation that u get when your actually tripping, anyone know that feeling? Kinda like all your pores open up, and u get a lil sweaty. So idk what to call that sensation or thing that happens, so anyone have any ideas? Another example would be back in the day, when i would go to raves in toronto alot, doin alot of e all the time. I would be at school or somewhere not having took any e in awhile, and if i started to talk or think about it, i would get all giddy and lil shaky.

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Yeah they are psychological.
You think about a nice juicy steak and your mouth starts watering.
You think about a car accident happening and you get nervous.
You think about making a cup of tea and you get relaxed.
You think about one of the most mind-bending experiences you can ever have, and well... you get the picture!

When I stare at the wall for any length of time, and start thinking about tripping it will start 'breathing' just like a trip. Nothing to be afraid of, of course!

Zosimos

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
24 Oct 2008
Thank you for your input! Though couple minutes after posting I answered my own question, so obvious really lol. Now the question is then, are so called "flashbacks" real? Any proof?

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
What do you mean 'real'?
They happen... you experience them... they are real.

Arkadiy

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
8 Mai 2013
Yes I have also experienced the flashback when I took a visit of my university after 8 years. I cannot tell u people what was that. I saw my fellows walking here and there in imaginations but that seemed to be real. I saw all that I had seen 8 years back. I found as I would get heart attack with these strong memories. I have not experienced such thing ever. supported living

adetheproducer

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
1 Avr 2013
Flash backs are real not just psychological (which does also happen but not the point of my comment). I know this as I have deffinatelly had them. Your comment on Es doing this is bang on and almost identical to my own. My first flash back was in uni in a lecture and out of nowhere I started coming up but then burns out and is gone. I had not had pills in about a week and did not know what was happening and bailed out for the rest of the day. It has happened a lot since then and I believe this is due to storage of MDMA or seratonin in the fats of you body. When you lose the fat you release it back to you blood stream and feal the effects. MDMA is the only substance that gives me flash backs not luky enough to get a free acid or mushroom trip and now over 5 years since my last MDMA consumption I still get the flash backs, more lately as I am deliberatelly loosing the weight years of working on the end of a telephone at a desk puts on. Also, coming back to LSD, there is a guy near where I live who dabbled a little too heavily and never came down and as far as I know now is now in care so be careful don't go drinking a bottle of it if you can get one.

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
I would call them vibrations. I can't say I've ever had a full-fledged, earth-shattering, back to the center of the peak flashback. It's just like IJC said, occasionally you'll drift off, be reminded (triggered) of something from the trip, and your mind will slowly vibrate on that level for a few moments. That's been my personal experience, though I have read of more severe cases (I find the parallel with PTSD to be quite fascinating, especially if you consider that PTSD could potentially be caused by a reaction to your body overflowing your senses with adrenalin in an overwhelming scenario).