Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Smoking extract in a bong-1st time

afer

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
2 Mar 2007
Hello there,I'm new to this forum and to psychedelics also,and I'd like to get some tips on smoking Salvia divinorum in a bong.
I first tried SD a month or so ago,these were ordinary leaves from *******.I smoked them in a pipe but obtained no significant effect.Just laughed a bit and had a strange feeling in my knees-like I could not move them.Chewing the leaves produced some interesting effects once,it was some kind of euphorical state of consciousness,dreamy and relaxing feeling,not compared to that of tobacco.But again it was very,very mild and short also.
Now I've read through this forum and obtained 1g of 10x and 1g of 20x extract from *******,together with a small bong.Here it is-http://*******.net/images/tmp/*******.net_glass_bong_bottle_medium.jpg
The problem is that the extract is a powder-like and if I place it on the end of the bong tube,it will definitely fall through it!I don't have any SD leaves..maybe I can just wrap this 0.1 of powder in plain dried Sage leaves(not divinorum) to prevent it from falling,and then light it ?Cause sage leaves are the only leaves I've found in my house...
Yes,and I obtained the torch lighter you were all talking about.So I'll try it tonight...figured it out that 0.1-0.2g dosage of 10x would be ok[I haven't tried any psychedelics except from SD leaves].I'd be grateful if you gave me some tips of smoking this extract.
ps sorry for my english

Brewmaster

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Just put it on top of some ashes or a tiny bit of sage. I'd say pack it as full as you can and try to kill it all in one hit. Hold it in 'till you're blue in the face, while doing that, pack it again. Exhale- repeat.

Any lighter will work, I don't know how this torch thing went around.

silv

Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
slightly offtopic, but imo OP's english is fine :p

afer

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
2 Mar 2007
ok,so here comes our experience.
Setting:candles,music playing-Sopor aeternus.There were three of us.Let's call my friends Alina and Agata.We had drunk about 0,1l of absinthe each and were ready to try salvia.
I put some sage in the bong,and added approx.0.1g of SD 10x extract on the top.We took large hits,holding it for 10-20 sec,using a torch lighter.Each one smoked 0.1-0.15 g.Two of us (me and a friend of mine) did not obtain any hallucinogenic effects-well,I felt some pleasant *high*(and i still feel it),but that's all.However,the third person(Agatha),had some wonderful experience.First she saw a train station with rails.It was green from the one side and white from another one.And suddenly the white train arrived on it.And at the same time the train was Alina(!).Then she saw little white men entering that train.After that the train moved and entered the tunnel,and the tunnel was ME.It all lasted about 30 sec,and when the effects began wearing off she saw us talking and she felt like we were on a theatre scene,the scene was green and white,and she thought that we were muppets and she was controlling us,she did not hear us but she already knew what we were going to say....We just saw her laughing and shouting smth.like *you have the big ears hey!*...That's her experience.All visions were open-eyed. .Alina and me felt some *high* and felt totally sober and able to concentate on everything we wanted;no visuals.
Ps.Agatha who had this remarkable experience did not read any of trip reports and did not know what to expect,thus this could not have been a placebo effect.
The good question is-why so big difference in effects?

soknardalr

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
29 Jan 2007
I can't say I know why it affected your friend more, I don't think anyone can explain that, but I have been through similar phases with Salvia.
My first experience was full on open eye visuals from a dosage of about 0.2g of x5, initially I took roughly 0.15g and then an extra little bit just as the onset from the first dose was wearing off. This produced tunnels of light, change in spatial awareness, size proportions, visual disfigurement of my own body and objects in the room and intense hues and textures. My second experience was with a mixture of x5 and x10, again using large dosages, but it was outside, the effects were much lighter and relaxing and again produced open eye visuals.
However, after that, I haven't experienced any open eye visuals but the trips have become deeper and had a more spiritual feeling to them, drawing me to experiment with a blindfold to achieve greater closed eye visuals, levels of awareness and senses and to disconnect with all of my surroundings so my mind could only draw influence from my thoughts alone.

I'd put it down to surroundings and thought patterns, if you are some one who can visualize without the aid of drugs, then your naturally going to have very intense visuals whilst under the influence of hallucinogenic drugs. I'd recommend trying it in a different surrounding, some where that you feel totally relaxed and your thoughts flow freely. Maybe even try it with different people, I also found that had a huge impact on my experiences.

afer

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
2 Mar 2007
ok,I'll keep experimenting with the setting.maybe I'll try a bit higher dose..like 0.2g.

afer

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
2 Mar 2007
well I smoked it 2 more times,and without any considerable effect.Tried 2 big 30sec-long hits..did not work=\.At the sime,another person I had already written about still sees weird visuals an so on,while the only thing I get is some sort of mind-emptyness..My only hope is 20x..will try it on weekdays.I'm planning to smoke 0.1g in one hit,hold it for as long as I will be able to,and then take another 0.1g big hit from anoher bong.Hope this WILL work.

phalaris

Inscrit
7 Mai 2005
reading this alone brings me back.

good luck, it was intense.

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
You just need to smoke more; it's not like DMT where you need to weigh it out exactly so that you don't go too deep. You're not going to do "too much"; just hit it hard and hold it in. If you're not feeling the full blown effects after that, quickly pack it again and keep toking.

afer

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
2 Mar 2007
Well I'm not actualy afraid to smoke too much,I just don't want to waste too much of this(not that cheap) extract :) .I doubt if I can efficiently smoke,for example, 0.5g in one hit.

G

Invité
i know this is not advisable, but i always trip alone. tripping with another person confuses me, and ruins all my trip. i take some "measures", if i am going to trip really, really high. tie yourself to the bed and hit it as hard as you can, like brewmaster said. then, hold the smoke until you really have to breathe. keep doing that, and after everything turns strange, close your eyes and enjoy the ride.
i've never had a great experience with salvia and company. but this is just me...

afer

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
2 Mar 2007
thanks for the tips...maybe so-called *reverse tolerance* trick does play the role?like it's up to me to smoke SD for 5-10 times when the effects begin to show up. :roll:

G

Invité
i think that "reverse tolerance" is crap. with SD (and all other entheogens, for that matter), you learn to "control" the trip, if you may call it that...you know (more or less) what is going to happen, and you can improve your trip in great amount if you know what to expect. every trip is a different trip, but you know what to expect from a peyote, and you know what you should expect from dmt or SD.
my first time, i had to smoke 10-15 pipes to get a full effect. then, once, i tripped real high with just a simple hit. my experience tells me that SD should be taken in a friendly set, with no humans at sight. i once tripped in my car (not advisable!!) and found it very difficult to have a breakthrough. in my bedroom, i have a hit and wander away in the fields of the meaty helix for 1 or 2 minutes (i never measured time, by the way, so it's hard to tell).
i always trip with a helix made of meat. and all characters speak in latin, or a language with a similar sound. i can never understand what they say, but it sure seems important. anyway, don't belive all that you read, because, as someone said, the lighter isn't important. you can have a real hard trip with a regular lighter. i've had them, and with 0,40€ lighters!

afer

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
2 Mar 2007
em..Do I get it right-you smoked 10-15 pipes one after another?!In one session?It must have taken a long time..

G

Invité
yes, it took a long time, and when i was about to have THE breakthrough, i fell asleep. but first, i saw a blue angel (a girl-angel), telling me that she would take me with her, if i smoked another pipe. i smoked it, and i slept. when i woke up, i felt a gentle hand in my face. from that day, i never had an experience like that. others were more intense, but the first time with SD...it opens new doors! i never smoked it through a bong...but my new bong is arriving this week, specially for lady Salvia 8)

afer

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
2 Mar 2007
Huh,I've read that you should smoke SD in a very little time,2-3 minutes,to get the effects...Well now I see that it depends.Interestingly-a friend of mine who did obtain effects of salvia seemed to be quite immune to DXM..400mg+ dose made her NOTHING.I believe this is somehow connected with the serotonin receptors in your brain..I read on wikipedia that Salvia and DXM are in some way..emm..contrary.Like SD blocks serotonin release,but DXM,otherwise,increases serotonin's concentration in blood by blocking NMDA receptors..

G

Invité
when i take salvia, i usually take more than 2-3 minutes. you can feel it building on your body, that's what i measure.
i didn't knew that SD blocked the serotonin receptors. the first times i took it, i enjoyed the come-down. now, i hate the come down, it makes me feel stupid and empty - that goes away by smoking a joint. perhaps i should take it in a shorter period...i should take more time to investigate salvia.

afer

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
2 Mar 2007
Well I tried 20x today...aaand it did not work.smoked about 0.1 g in one hit,held it,then exhaled and smoked another 0.1g in one hit.Nothing,absolutely.The extract was purchased from *******,so I don't think smth. was wrong with it...It seems like I should look for something different than Salvia...yeah.Sadly=\

G

Invité
tell me how you did everything: set, mindset, pipe/bong, etc.

perhaps you are doing something wrong, i find it hard to miss a trip with a x20 extract!

were you alone ?

afer

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
2 Mar 2007
yes I was alone;setting-some candles+silent music playing (Sopor aeternus).I felt pretty fine and relaxed,took biig tokes,using torch lighter.Well after 2 hit some changes of perception appeared though-objects became more 2-dimensional..for 10 seconds or so.But that was it.Sweaty-itchy feeling around the body...and nothing about visuals.
Bong used- a small bong from *******,filled with relatively cold water.