Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Smoking Mushroom Powder

buffachino

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
7 Juin 2007
My mate and I have collected an ass-load of mushrooms this season and have far more than we need to survive a fortnightly (usually 3 to 4 weeks between) trip regime till’ next year. We decided to grind all the malformed and visually less appealing dried mushrooms into a powder we could both store and add to cooking and drinks. After testing both the grinding techniques (we used a mortar & pestle and a coffee grinder) we produced about 2 grams worth of test powder to check consistency and the ease at which we could grind it.

After pondering it for a moment, I proposed we try smoking some of the powder atop a fully packed cone of our home-grown bud. Even after reading the relative unsuccessful attempts at smoked mushrooms as to their effects, we proceeded to pack and light up our respective bongs. Bearing in mind the high solubility of psilocybin in water and its low heat tolerance, I was sceptical to say the least, but after exhalation, I noticed a marked potentiation of the cannabis, not psychedelic of even bordering on any visuals, yet the body orientated buzz from the weed was defiantly enhanced, although to what exact extent I am unsure.

Has anyone else tried smoking mushroom powder or just chopped mushrooms and noticed a potentiation of any other substance at the time (notably cannabis) or even just a unique high all of the mushrooms own?
I’d love to hear about it!

Cheers.

Frostie

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
6 Avr 2007
i didnt try it, but i think you will have an effect. but not as long as you take in oral. probarly you will have the effect fore 1,2 houres. thats what i think.
you can always say me when im wrong :)

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
When you grind the shrooms, you expose the psilocybe and psilocybine to oxygen (and possibly moisture), thus reducing their shelf life. So only grind the dose you're about to take within a day or perhaps a few weeks.

southpaw

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
25 Juil 2007
I've known people who said they smoked mushrooms (along with eating some, too) and had stronger effects.

But I didn't think you were supposed to get the mushrooms above a certain temperature or it would ruin them?

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
smoking mushrooms is not really healthy anyway (ok smoking isn't healthy, but shrooms are even unhealthier)
shrooms have a lot of proteins, which become really really really unhealthy when smoked.
furthermore the psilocybin is damaged when exposured to such high temperatures (not sure about this one, but I think so)

but it would be cool if it worked ;)

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
I heard the same. A friend told me when we made a shrooms omelette, that it's not good to let them be heated too much.

buffachino

Inscrit
7 Juin 2007
Well I experienced the incredibly low heat tolerance of psilocybin/psilocin for my self (other than its vulnerability to being smoked). I recently acquired the required ingriendence to commence a hippy-flip (last Saturday :)) and instead of splicing the red bull pills we had attained with our regular dose of 1.0 - 1.5 grams of dried shrooms, I decided with the consent of my trip partner to make some mushroom chocolate instead out of some 4 grams of powdered mushrooms and a 250 gram block of Cadbury old gold chocolate. First, I grinded the shrooms into a fine powder, then I melted the choc on a double boiler until it resembled a thick liquid, waited to what seemed like me ample time to allow the chocolate to cool whilst still remaining mailable and then added the powder and stirred the mix until it had a relatively average consistency. I then poured it into an ice tray lined with plastic wrap and left it in the freezer to solidify.

The small amount of heat left in the cooling chocolate was enough to damage the potency of the sweet goodies I had made (or perhaps the combination of quickly heating then cooling deteriorated it) yet it was still an amazing experience as the chocolate, although damaged was a perfect admixture to the pills we had taken and made for a truly mind blowing, empathic and memorable experience (but that’s another story in itself :))

I’m thinking about extracting the active constituents out of some ground mushrooms and see if the experience of other factors attributed to mushroom ingestion are any different to a pure extract. Should be good to see if it’s a better ingredient to psychedelic cooking in the future!

Peace.

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
buffachino a dit:
I’m thinking about extracting the active constituents out of some ground mushrooms and see if the experience of other factors attributed to mushroom ingestion are any different to a pure extract. Should be good to see if it’s a better ingredient to psychedelic cooking in the future!

Peace.

hofmann once exctracted the psilocybin, put it into capsules and gave it to the natives which are using mushrooms, and he asked them if "the spirit" is in those capsules too. and they said yes
so I guess it won't be that different. except for the taste you don't have to suffer through :lol:

beyond.existence

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
5 Sept 2015
Since I started taking mushrooms, whatever powder me and my buddies had left we'd say "fuck it" and pack it in a bowl while we're coming down or peaking. I do notice heavy, head swimming like effects (kinda like that drunk feeling mushrooms can give you but not an intense feeling), pressure behind my eyes and usually a sudden, short burst of that "melting" feeling.
Now, however, after trying it a couple times, if I have mushroom dust left over after a night of tripping balls, i like to puff on a bowl in the morning when I wake up. I usually mix it with weed and it does hit me a bit harder, but I mean now I just smoke a straight fat pack of the dust. I notice a higher level of focus, I wake up easier, I get a nice head high and a peculiar body high if I smoke enough of it, maybe a fat bowl or two to myself. I notice changes in me when I smoke it, idk about anybody else, but its quite relaxing and really nice (despite the horrible taste it leaves halfway through the bowl)
My big question though is this. Is smoking mush dust an unhealthy or healthy thing to do? Does it harm your lungs or body in any way? Does it have potential to kill you over a period of time?

Finarfin

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Juil 2013
I think smoking mushrooms is a waste of good mushrooms. I think smoking mushrooms makes no sense. It has little to no effect at all. It,s not healthy i think. I ussualy eat my mushrooms and have nothing left. What i have left i give away.

Finarfin

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Juil 2013
southpaw a dit:
I've known people who said they smoked mushrooms (along with eating some, too) and had stronger effects.

I do not see the point. If you want a stronger effect your dose is to low. When you take a high enough dose you don,t need a stronger effect.

mrzer0123

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
16 Sept 2015
Finarfin a dit:
I do not see the point. If you want a stronger effect your dose is to low. When you take a high enough dose you don,t need a stronger effect.
I do not know enough doses of the same as you do?

Finarfin

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Juil 2013
mrzer0123 a dit:
I do not know enough doses of the same as you do?

? What do you mean?

Smoking mushrooms has little to no effect. Eating mushrooms has a way bigger effect. Why would you smoke mushrooms while you could eat them?
Why would you do something that has little to no effect vs something that has an effect?

If you want a stronger dose take the mushrooms orally. If you want a stronger dose do not take them hours after your first dose.

hnoor0055

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
26 Mar 2016
I usually mix it with weed and it does hit me a bit harder, but I mean now I just smoke a straight fat pack of the dust. I notice a higher level of focus, I wake up easier, I get a nice head high and a peculiar body high if I smoke enough of it, maybe a fat bowl or two to myself.

== Chess ==

kever

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
29 Mai 2016
Done it before with zero effect. We were so rad with our ski goggles on because we thought the smoke would blind us. Anyone from these threads from canada?