Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Smokable psilocybin? Not possible? Think again ;)

Rutger

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
That is very cool ! Also to see that the trip is much shorter just like with Aya and smoking DMT. Very interesting would like to try this myself too but where to get some good grade (cheap) ethanol ?

TheeLord!

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
10 Déc 2005
Very interesting would like to try this myself too but where to get some good grade (cheap) ethanol ?

Oh yes, the elves impress me so too :)
I should try this too :)

I'm paying around 30€ for 1l of pure (96%) ethanol @ local pharmancy.
Not *realy* cheap but ok.

Kwarkfanaat

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
2 Jan 2006
:O

This looks so easy? :eek: I don't even have any extracting / 'scheikunde' experience...

If it really works this well: Sweet!!! 8) :lol:

HeartCore

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Rutger a dit:
That is very cool ! Also to see that the trip is much shorter just like with Aya and smoking DMT. Very interesting would like to try this myself too but where to get some good grade (cheap) ethanol ?

Not yet but rest assured that I will find out pretty soon ;)

forest

Inscrit
30 Déc 2005
the link doesn't work! could someone please explain in short words?

Pazusu

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Août 2006
See if I get this right:

1. Put the pure grain (everclear) 190 proof alcohol in a jar.
2. Add 28 g of dried finely chopped mushrooms.
3. Place a rag on the bottom of a pan.
4. Place the jar with the fungi on the rag in the pan
5. Fill the pan with water.
6. Keep the water warm for 7 hours, heating up slowly. Don't let the alcohol boil.

Question about the next step: what's ment by straining and squeezing the fungal matter 3 times? Is meant pressing it through a sieve, making a porridge of the shroomchops? I guess so, 'cos the shrooms are very soft after boiling that long and there is less psilocybine lost, because of the larger surface.

7. So make a porridge of the fungal matter by pressing it through a sieve 3 times.
8. Put the porridge back in the alcohol.

I suggest leave it there for another hour, or do this step allready after 3 or 4 hours of boiling. The finer the shrooms are, the more psylocybine, I guess.

9. Filter through coffee filters many times while hot.

Question about the next step:
Finally reduced a bit then began evaping.
Why reducing? I'd say evaporate all the alcohol. There could be psylocine in the reduced alcohol. Or am I misunderstanding here?
Aha, there is some dark stuff floating on the alcohol according to the story, that needs to be poured off (thrown away) and is that what's ment by reducing a bit?
The elves told me they wanted to pour off the darker pure grain

10. Put the alcohol straining back in the jar and let it evaporate.
11. After a while you can pour off the darker stuff that's floating on top of the alcohol.
12. After almost all the alcohol is evaporated you can put the residue (crystals) in the freezer.
13. Wash the crystals in some fresh everclear while they are frozen.
14. Put into final resting place and add just enough fresh everclear to keep the crystals covered to store in the freezer.

Kwarkfanaat

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
2 Jan 2006
Pazusu a dit:
See if I get this right:
7. So make a porridge of the fungal matter by pressing it through a sieve 3 times.
8. Put the porridge back in the alcohol.

I'm totally new to extraction, but I thought at the points he mentioned here, he meant to push the shrooms remains on a sieve and put the stuff that goes -through- the sieve back in the alcohol, and throw the shroom remains away?

Please enlighten me ;) Because you will otherwise have a lot of shroomy remains at the end? :roll:

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Is there somethijng wrong with the forum? I just posted a reply but its gone...

Anyway, press the material THROUGH the sieve effectively making the material in smaller pieces which extracts better. Thats how I read it.

Reducing the alcohol, I guess he means carefully heating the alcohol to slowly reduce it. Then, with a workable amount, let it evap in room temp. Not entirely sure but I already wrote the guy and am waiting for an answer :)

Rutger

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
Extraction is just a process that will get the "good stuff" out from the mushrooms. Its important to grind it up very good so you get as much contact surface between the liquid and the solid (in this case shrooms). With most extractions its rule that higher temperatures give a higer extraction amount so that is what is also done here.

In the first step normally about 50-60 % is already out the solid if you grind it up good and the temperature was high. For most of these extractions methanol is probably a better solvent but that is toxic and therefore harder to remove.

This process of extraction is normally repeated 3 times after which there is so little stuff in the solid that you can trow it away.

Each step you have to filter it so it that is probably where they use the sieve for, if you grind them up you probably better off with some sort of colth (cotton) or it will go trough the sieve.

Sorry for the Technomumbo, its just that I did this kind of things in school alot and most of these things are quite simple if you just follow some rules.

Kwarkfanaat

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
2 Jan 2006
HeartCore a dit:
Anyway, press the material THROUGH the sieve effectively making the material in smaller pieces which extracts better. Thats how I read it.

Sounds logical, thanks. :) Otherwise you'd just have a mush-thee I recon.

Rutger a dit:
if you grind them up you probably better off with some sort of colth (cotton) or it will go trough the sieve

But then again... this is the opposite of what HeartCore said, ain't it? :eek:
Trying to make sence of this great experiment 8)

Rutger

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
How do you mean Kwarkfanaat ?

Just pointing out that if you have grinded them you need something with as a very find sieve, like a piece of cloth. I don't understand but I think its just me.

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
There are two things I think:

1) Press all material THROUGH a sieve in order to ground it up more (=make porridge/pap) so extraction works better

2) AFTER extraction is done, filter/strain the material. Preferably through something like cheesecloth so you get a clean liquid with no plant material.

Something like this, I think.

Rutger

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
Ok, now I get it , thought the sieve was for filtering, this is ofcourse not possible when you have a very fine powder. Is this cheesecloth very special or can you also use an old t-shirt or something ?

UTHTURN

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Oct 2006
so i plan on getting the shrooms today and i want to try this . has anyone done this yet

UTHTURN

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Oct 2006
so i plan on getting the shrooms today and i want to try this . has anyone done this yet

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
UTHTURN a dit:

The guy who wrote the tek obviously did it :)

I'm planning to try it in a few weeks after I'm done setting up my new growing chamber :)

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Oh yes, cheeseclothe very special.

It just doesn't absorb as much water/ moisture as a cloth t-shirt would. It allows the liquid to pass right through.

I don't know what you folks call it over there, but womens stockings/ pantyhose, would work just as well.

G

Invité
TheeLord! a dit:
Very interesting would like to try this myself too but where to get some good grade (cheap) ethanol ?

I'm paying around 30€ for 1l of pure (96%) ethanol @ local pharmancy.
Not *realy* cheap but ok.

This is really cheap. I've paid €18 for 300 ml 96%

At the moment I'm doing a Thujone extraction, if I don't screw this up and my first or second flush of my new batch of shroomies is there, I'm deffinately gonna do this :D

And Brew, thanks for the tip, will go and look what the cheapest pantyhoses are :p