Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Sleep

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
What is it?
How much do you get?
What happens if you get too much, too little?
Do you think it is a waste of time, or do you think it needs to be paid more attention to?

Idk what it is.
I get around 9 hours if I'm lucky.
Too much - I feel awesome. Too little - very sick feeling, headache, dizzy.
If I stay up very late my thought become chaotic and paranoid, I tend to start having mild psychosis if I stay up past 2AM or so and am tired... not an exaggeration, heh.
I hate that it takes such a large portion of your life, but I love the feeling I get when I am fully rested.. :)

gammagoblin

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Mai 2007
What is it?
don't have a clue
How much do you get?
6 to 9 hours, although 6 is not really enough for me.
What happens if you get too much, too little?
too much, I feel like I don't have any energy. Too little, just feel tired the next day or day's.
Do you think it is a waste of time, or do you think it needs to be paid more attention to?
Well I know that I can't really function correctly anymore if I haven't had any sleep so it isn't a waste of time for me. How do you mean more attention? Like in public, "sleep awareness" campaigns or such? I don't really think that's necessary either because everyone would feel the effects of sleep deprivation for themselves and sees necessity of it.

Crimzen

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
I briefly read something about this not long ago i think, as far as i know scientists still arent certain of exactly why we sleep
i know as much as sleep helps our body to regenerate and fix itself up, as it were
dreaming is often an overlooked aspect to sleep as without sleep we dont dream and dreaming is fairly important, so maybe sleep helps our bodies heal as well as our minds?

i sometimes get the same weird feelings as you say you do IJC
my sleeping pattern atm is entirely retarded and probably unhealthy really, i usually go to sleep at anywhere between 2am and 6am and i wake up from around 10am to 3pm (the glories of unemployment)

this fluctuates alot, i almost always have trouble falling asleep, reading helps but i've read every book i have twice ....honestly, some thrice
except the last few nights i've been reading darwins origin of species and MAN is that ideal to help me fall asleep :p

if i get too much sleep i tend to be really lazy the next day, not tired just unmotivated
and if i get too little sleep it takes me a long time to 'wake up' once im out of bed, but once i do i seem to have a good amount of energy, especially with caffeine which seems to affect me much more when ive had less sleep, but by the end of the day im burnt out

if i have marijuana and dont smoke excessively my sleeping pattern levels out to a more normal rate, i have no idea exactly why but perhaps its because i've been smoking for so many years (since age 13?)

i certainly dont think its a waste of time, it seems to serve several purposes
sleeps great but so is being awake, i wouldnt want to live without either haha