Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Sleep paralysis

magickmumu

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
A couple of day's ago I fell asleep during the day.
After some time I woke up. But I could not move my body or open my eyes.
I could look around the room with my eyes close. The room was scrambled. I could not make out left or right up or down.
I tried to stand up a couple of times. And every time it felt like my body was moving, but then I realised it didn't and I was back in my body again.

I have had this a couple times before when falling asleep.
I even walked around the room two times while my body was paralysed.
I tried to turn on the light and it didn't work.
Whenever I realised I was not actually moving I slammed back into my body.
This time because of the daylight was much more confusing because everything was scrambled like somebody cut up the room and reassembled it.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
It's amazing what dreams can become. It's funny when they become confused with reality - you have to start double checking all your memories...

I'm curious though - how old are you?

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
Something I forget to tell about this dream.
Before I started to wake up I saw some letters.
They moved before my eyes.
Then the letters pulled apart. Some letters floated away others stayed and started connected into a new picture. A thought occurred to me. Read between the lines. The letters formed the outlines of a alien looking city.
This I new was a conspiracy.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
magickmumu a dit:
Something I forget to tell about this dream.
Before I started to wake up I saw some letters.
They moved before my eyes.
Then the letters pulled apart. Some letters floated away others stayed and started connected into a new picture. A thought occurred to me. Read between the lines. The letters formed the outlines of a alien looking city.
This I new was a conspiracy.

I honestly have no idea what sleep paralysis is... it interests me to the extreme : whether you are actually awake, or is it so extreme of a hallucinational dream?

I've had dreams of entire events... hard to describe, entire days, that I thought were real but in fact they were dreams... its like the information of an entire day is in my mind, the raw data from a dream...... I can't explain it. It was a period in my teenage years where my dreams and reality were getting very intermingled.

UniversalConsciousness

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
7 Avr 2009
Yeah I had something similar a few times when I was a kid.....except it was more of a shaking sensation as if my body was possessed.....it can be kinda scary too.

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
I won't say much about it, but because the way Magickmummu described his experience. I am almost sure that it is not just a dream, but more a shift in consciousness. I have also experienced these things that magick describes, and because i experienced it, i can clearly notice the differents between a dream and sleep paralysis.

I know it's wierd if you never have experienced a sleep paralayzis or OBE, but ones you experience it, then it's just like with mushrooms, an undescirble experience. To me, It can't be really put into words.

I have experienced a couple of OBE's, while where sober and sleeping at night, as also at day-time after i smoked some MJ. Something wierd i did noticed, is that one time i had an OBE after i smoked some MJ, then i heard very loud tune, that sounded like very much like the DMT tune.

The OBE, or sleep paralyse scenes, are often mixed up realities. Normal realities seems to be combined with dreams, but yet it feels so real. That i have truly no doubts, that it is just a different way of ob observering consciousness.

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
UniversalConsciousness a dit:
Yeah I had something similar a few times when I was a kid.....except it was more of a shaking sensation as if my body was possessed.....it can be kinda scary too.

Was your hart beating hard and fast?

UniversalConsciousness

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
7 Avr 2009
mysticwarrior a dit:
UniversalConsciousness a dit:

Was your hart beating hard and fast?

I think so, I'm not completely sure though since it was a long time ago. Some fear did creep over me and when your fearful you tend to breath harder thus a faster heart rate.....so yeah more than likely.

The state of consciousness was very strange indeed.....my auditory sense in particular has this loud wind sensation which kinda made me tremble. I had some religious inclinations at the time so I thought I was being possessed by the devil.......I would love to have the same experience today as I would probably try to learn a lot more from it.

grifter7

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
7 Mar 2009
sleep paralysis is created by your body so that you don't act out youre dreams and hurt yourself some people don't have this and do find it a huge problem including a persons wife who has been attacked.

I hear music allot in my sleep and have also experienced a narrator who was just saying what i was doing. I use the wake up and go back to sleep method during 10am or so to get my vivid dreams. I think it helps if its bright.

And yes i have also experienced the walking around the room but im certain the layout wasn't the same as the room i was actually in.