Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Sitter

Stonish

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
2 Juin 2005
Do you guy's think it necessary to have a sitter, when trying salvia for the first time? Is there any risk of walking around and hurting yourself? Want to try it sometime in the near future, and heard lot of stories about losing every grip on reality for a short while, which is fun, but alos: is it more like 'i can fly' losing grip, or more like mushrooms where u still have (some) control?

CryingOutLoud

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
11 Mai 2005
Yes I really think you need a sitter, if you are using some potent extract like 5x, 10x or 20x. When I first tried 10x extract, my bong fell, I crawled on my floor, on bongwater, and I ran to our toilet and I ran back. I dont remember any of this... My "sitter" told me afterwards. Not a very good sitter. :upsidedown: And no, I didnt have any control.

N

Nikanoru

Invité
I aggree with CryingOutLoud.
Having a stitter around is a good idea when trying salvia for the first time (especially when using 5/10/20x extracts)
You might (and probably will) lose your grip on reality as you know it. you might not be able to remember who/where you are and what you are doing during the trip(ego-loss).
assuming you take a large dose, you WILL lose every grip on reality. there is nothing you can do about it.
have a trustworthy sitter around so you can let go and enjoy the trip.

themoles

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
14 Juil 2005
i don't know man, isn't that a bit exaggerated? when you inhale you have lots of time to put the bong away and to sit down in a safe position. i hate having anyone around me on salvia, it's horrible because i don't want them to see me spaz out, i always feel like im someone else and it completely ruins everything having someone with me, it turns the trip into a scary nightmare. it's not that you get on your legs and jump out of the window if you're alone, that's nonsense, if it really hits you hard then you're plastered and you're not even able to walk. sorry, but if you people hold your bong in your hands while being on salvia it's no wonder you set things on fire, pour bongwater all around the room or crawl on glas sherds. you have 30 seconds until salvia takes control, that's more than enough to keep you safe. salvia is the only drug i'd consider doing alone, normaly i hate it but i just can't deal with any company when being on it, it scares me to death.

CryingOutLoud

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
11 Mai 2005
Just speaking about my own experience. I was holding the bong to get another hit, but when I counted to 10 or so, I lost the sense of reality..

themoles

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
14 Juil 2005
yes i know how that feels, normaly one hit of 10x would be enough, though. :bricks: your tripsitter is a funny fella btw. :grin:

tryptonaut

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I guess one problem is that you might think you're not tripping anymore but you still are. So, be careful not to go to your neighbours telling them to stop the train from running through your room (or something similar, LOL) ;)

DiViNe

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
29 Déc 2005
You should deffinitly use a tripsitter! Safty first :)

mojojojo_1

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
4 Jan 2006
man i wouldnt even think i came close to needed a sitter (used it yesterday) but why not? I had four friends over, and we all did it at once. No one sober but stil figured, one of us could have helped if one of us decided to do something hella stupid. no loss of reality here, i think if you do shrooms alone, salvia is no diff.

anze

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
19 Mar 2006
That's not true. A firend of mine went totally crazy... screaming, kicking, wanting to move around.... I just grabbed him. Then he thanked me...

!!SITTER!!

forest

Inscrit
30 Déc 2005
yeah I totally agree. you can't trust on your own experiences with this stuff. couse when you th9ink that all the other times you didn't needed a sitter so this time you won't either. Lady Salvia will kick your ass!!! als blow you away and show you that you shouldn't thake these things lightly

patilan420

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
24 Déc 2005
4 first-timers defenetily a sitter/helper is a good idea.
He/she should be a well-known person, who the first-timer totaly truststs, and who has expirience with salvia.

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Its needed, really, don't make the same mistake I took and consider yourself a vetaran. Even if you tried all psychedelics, full blown Sal is something diffrent.

Lotte

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
24 Déc 2003
I totally agree, just ask someone who you trust and can be comfortable around, because you dont want the sitter to spoil the Salvia trip and atmospere is just REALLY important!!!

And really, safety first!

Siq

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
15 Fev 2006
I've done without 2 times .. I've done with .. about 20 times now. The without's and many of the with's were non-extract, with no total ego-loss. Never-the-less, I have allways (also on the 10x extracts) stayed seated and stunned and in control of the first 20 seconds. Then again, Salvia likes me and vice versa, but sure I'll have a sitter on the 20x extract.

Beanieboy

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
15 Mar 2006
I hesitate to say this, but I don't think it is necessary, depending on what your intention is.

Let's put it this way:
Someone says they have never been drunk, and they are curious about it.
They say, "I was thinking about doing 10 shots of tequila. Will that do it? I want to be sure that I feel the effects."
That's a bad idea. A lot of people that have never drank can feel effects from one or two beers.
With Salvia - don't assume that you won't feel anything, and start out with 20x.
Start out with plain leaf. Get to know Salvia, and how sensitive your are to it. I was surprised that I could feel the effects (about level 3-4) from regular leaf.

If someone says, "I just did 5 shots of tequila, but don't feel anything. I think I'm going to go drive to my friend's house."
Bad idea. Stay put, especially if using the quid method. If you don't feel anything in 45 minutes from the beginning of chewing the quid, chances are, you are safe, but it comes on gradually after 30 minutes.

If someone says, "How can a shot make me feel anything??? I'm going to drink half the bottle." Bad idea. With Salvia, especially 5x and above, you literally need a pinch. If you need more, you can try more, but don't assume you need a lot, because you will be amazed how little you need.

So, do you need a sitter?
I've never used one, but it's a good idea.

If you are going to do it alone no matter what anyone says, remember this:

Start out with regular leaf.
Understand that 5x is = 5 bowls of regular, 20x = 20 bowls, and the usual dosage is 1 bowl.
You will become very uncoordinated, so after inhaling, put down your pipe, bong, etc.
It's best to be on a couch, the floor, your bed, etc., and lie down.
Before you start, learn as much as you can about it at places like www.sage-wisdom.com
Tell yourself that even if it seems scary, you will be back to "normal" in 10 minutes or so - that the experience is very short lived.
The more you fight it, the more difficult the experience - just breathe through it, go with it.
You will probably forget who you are, how you got there. That's normal.
You may see other people, another reality. It's like dreaming, but being wide awake. That's normal.
The only time I wanted to get up was when I believed that my reality was gone, or that if I didn't get into my reality, it would be gone forever, and another would take it's place, and I would no longer be beanieboy, but someone else, something else, so I would think - I have to get back, I have to get back. It feels like you are in a spirit world, and are trying to get back to this world. So, if you tell yourself over and over before going to Salvia World, that you spirit is tied to your body in this world, and will come back all by itself, you will stop fighting it. Remind yourself to lie still, to be calm, that everything is ok, and it will come back to you should you get scared.
Lastly - it's unnerving. You come back to baseline, and think, "wow, this life feels like a dream. All of those people were real. What is "real"??
And I was nervous to fall asleep later, to return back to that world.
But hopefully, if you have good intentions, you will learn something positive from it.

Beanieboy

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
15 Mar 2006
I hesitate to say this, but I don't think it is necessary, depending on what your intention is.

Let's put it this way:
Someone says they have never been drunk, and they are curious about it.
They say, "I was thinking about doing 10 shots of tequila. Will that do it? I want to be sure that I feel the effects."
That's a bad idea. A lot of people that have never drank can feel effects from one or two beers.
With Salvia - don't assume that you won't feel anything, and start out with 20x.
Start out with plain leaf. Get to know Salvia, and how sensitive your are to it. I was surprised that I could feel the effects (about level 3-4) from regular leaf.

If someone says, "I just did 5 shots of tequila, but don't feel anything. I think I'm going to go drive to my friend's house."
Bad idea. Stay put, especially if using the quid method. If you don't feel anything in 45 minutes from the beginning of chewing the quid, chances are, you are safe, but it comes on gradually after 30 minutes.

If someone says, "How can a shot make me feel anything??? I'm going to drink half the bottle." Bad idea. With Salvia, especially 5x and above, you literally need a pinch. If you need more, you can try more, but don't assume you need a lot, because you will be amazed how little you need.

So, do you need a sitter?
I've never used one, but it's a good idea.

If you are going to do it alone no matter what anyone says, remember this:

Start out with regular leaf.
Understand that 5x is = 5 bowls of regular, 20x = 20 bowls, and the usual dosage is 1 bowl.
You will become very uncoordinated, so after inhaling, put down your pipe, bong, etc.
It's best to be on a couch, the floor, your bed, etc., and lie down.
Before you start, learn as much as you can about it at places like www.sage-wisdom.com
Tell yourself that even if it seems scary, you will be back to "normal" in 10 minutes or so - that the experience is very short lived.
The more you fight it, the more difficult the experience - just breathe through it, go with it.
You will probably forget who you are, how you got there. That's normal.
You may see other people, another reality. It's like dreaming, but being wide awake. That's normal.
The only time I wanted to get up was when I believed that my reality was gone, or that if I didn't get into my reality, it would be gone forever, and another would take it's place, and I would no longer be beanieboy, but someone else, something else, so I would think - I have to get back, I have to get back. It feels like you are in a spirit world, and are trying to get back to this world. So, if you tell yourself over and over before going to Salvia World, that you spirit is tied to your body in this world, and will come back all by itself, you will stop fighting it. Remind yourself to lie still, to be calm, that everything is ok, and it will come back to you should you get scared.
Lastly - it's unnerving. You come back to baseline, and think, "wow, this life feels like a dream. All of those people were real. What is "real"??
And I was nervous to fall asleep later, to return back to that world.
But hopefully, if you have good intentions, you will learn something positive from it.

c0sm1c_d4nc3r

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
2 Avr 2006
Right. This is my situation. I've just recieved an e-mail verifying that my order has been shipped. Among the stuff I ordered 1 container of Sage 5X. Of course I will have a sitter. I'll even have 2. This is going to be my first time so we're going to sit outdoors on a blanket when it's nice weather. Sun shining, birds chirping etc etc. How much should I smoke the first time? A third of whats in the "tube" or less?
---------
*EDIT1*
duh.. I read the dbl post above mine. Ok 5X = 5 bowls. Gonna take my smallest pipe and go outdoors with my buddies and explore the nature with different eyes. :)
------
*EDIT2*
btw its http://www.sagewisdom.org/ ;-)

G

Invité
Yeah I will be getting my Sally D X5 this week, I've done Salvia a few times, but it's hard for me to keep in the smoke. It's a bit to sharp for my lungs I guess...
I hope I will get to that place I want to go with the times 5...

c0sm1c_d4nc3r

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
2 Avr 2006
I will have a sitter... Infact I will have two sitters now when my buddy and I are going to smoke Sage 5X for the first time. I changed my mind about going outdoors since it's cloudy atm and I think it's going to rain soon. I brought some nice wildflowers from the forest that I put in water in a jar on the table just for the ambience and they smell very nice too, and some soft reggae music, lit candles and just have a chill moment. I will meditate first. Then we will smoke 1/4 gr each and inhale it all in one hit. Hold the smoke for as long as I can and then just hope for Sally D to invite me in to her world. :lol: