Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Sign the petition!

Abej^a G.

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
20 Fev 2013
Sign the petition to demand that the University of Arizona reinstate medical marijuana researcher Dr. Sue Sisley!!

from Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS), July 24, 2014, http://www.change.org/petitions/university-of-arizona-don-t-terminate-medical-marijuana-research:

"Dr. Suzanne Sisley, a faculty member and researcher at the University of Arizona, was informed that her positions would not be renewed last month, likely a result of her federally approved research into the treatment of PTSD with medical marijuana. As an Iraq War veteran diagnosed with PTSD and a proud University of Arizona alum, I'm outraged that the university is putting politics before the care of our nation's veterans.

When I returned from serving in Iraq, I suffered from severe post-traumatic-stress. I was prescribed a cocktail of prescription drugs from the VA for years; they didn’t help. In 2010, I began using marijuana exclusively to treat multiple symptoms of PTSD such as insomnia, depression, anxiety, and severe panic attacks. The results have been profound, marijuana has helped me live a more full and productive life.

I was ecstatic my school was going to house Dr. Sisley's study and find out just how marijuana works to alleviate PTSD symptoms. That was until I learned Dr. Sisley, the only person in the country who has federal approval to work with veterans and medical marijuana sourced from the federal government, was shown the door.
With no explanation for her termination given, it seems the University of Arizona fired Dr. Sisley for attempting to conduct research that may have caused backlash from state lawmakers. They let politics trump science, education, and veterans like me. Our nation's veterans are committing suicide at astonishing rates, 22 times every single day, and the University of Arizona is blocking research to help them?

The university must reinstate Dr. Sisley, providing her with the necessary space and resources she needs to conduct her research. Her study could mean life or death for many veterans. “Bigger Questions, Better Answers, Bear Down,” is the Wildcat motto. Demand that President Hart and the University of Arizona live up to it.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Please sign my petition, the lives of many veterans may very well depend on it."