Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Shrooms or Mesc? for a first timer..

Wuhmhyde

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
25 Juin 2007
Me and my friends are pretty new into drugs, except stuff like coke or amphetamine (none of us, ever tried any psychadelic substances ) and we are going to try out either Shrooms or Mescaline, within the coming weeks.

So, is there any reason to pick the one of them rather then the other for a first trip? if so, why?

And also, can't help thinking about the odds for having a trip which causes one to get some kind of permanent "brain damage" if that is even possible? Cause that's what we've been pretty much raised to think. - in short, what negative consequences should we worry about, from both shrooms and mescaline? ("which is the most dangerous?")

Thanks in advance

user_1919

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
DANGEROUS???????????????????????????you have to be kidding me, when you said you do cocaine, psycheldics are the most safest drugs in the world. Shrooms and Mescaline have nearly zero negative long term effects. But if i were you, I would pick mushrooms for your first trip, start at a low dose, and make your way up, mescaline is a longer trip for an unexperienced tripper. mushrooms will last anywhere from 4-6 hours, you should do some homework before you trip tho...

Gratefully_dead

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
18 Mai 2007
well man i gotta agree Wuhmyde you say you've done coke and amphetamines and you worry about the danger of psychedelics??? i mean come on man but anyway to answer your question id say shrooms as well for me it was the first real trip i had after i started smoking pot and its just a great way to introduce you to the world of psychedelics its a great eye opener and if you do the right amount with your good friends you'll have one of the best nights of your life good luck and please send us your trip report whichever you decide to do first!

Jahvisions

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
11 Nov 2006
Well amphetamines are neurotoxic and shrooms or mescaline seem to have no long term effects but to call it the safest drugs would give the wrong intension, two people guild themselves because they freaked out. You have to know what you are doing because if you not prepare well and respect this teachers you can get extreme panic. But if you do it carefully it is safe as long as you or family don't have a history of schizofrenia or other related deseases.

My first time was on mescaline but I ate cactus, I don't know if you have pure mescaline or want to eat cactus? If you have pure mescaline maybe try a half a dose of cubensis first, be patient, you have to learn to trip, better a little dissapointed then an overwhelming experience. I rather recommend eating cactus, even if it's difficult to consume and takes longer (what makes it difficult to get an real high dose) I believe it's often less confusing, give less moodswings and is more happier.

Wuhmhyde

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
25 Juin 2007
Great, thanks for the replies.. Well from what I've been told, around 30% of the people who is on mushrooms, experience some kind of permanent psychosis, but it seems thats kind of overreacting? And no, nor me or my family have any history of mental illness of any sort. I only did Amphetamine, but some of my friends did cocaine.

I dont know why, but I've also looked at it this way:
(first as the least harmful)

1. Cannabis
2. Cocaine
3. Amphetamine
4. stuff like ecstasy
5. then psychadelic substances like mushrooms and mescaline etc.
6. LSD
7. And as one of the most dangerous drugs, Heroine.

But this list seems redicoulesly wrong now, thanks to you guys ^

And the plan was to eat the cacti, fresh.

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
30% is way too much.
bad trips are not even 30% of all trips.

as for your drug ranking its like all messed up :p
imo, from all drugs in your list, only heroin is more dangerous than cocaine.

MindAstronaut

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
10 Juin 2006
Wuhmhyde a dit:
Well from what I've been told, around 30% of the people who is on mushrooms, experience some kind of permanent psychosis, but it seems thats kind of overreacting? And no, nor me or my family have any history of mental illness of any sort. I only did Amphetamine, but some of my friends did cocaine.

I dont know why, but I've also looked at it this way:
(first as the least harmful)

1. Cannabis
2. Cocaine
3. Amphetamine
4. stuff like ecstasy
5. then psychadelic substances like mushrooms and mescaline etc.
6. LSD
7. And as one of the most dangerous drugs, Heroine.

But this list seems redicoulesly wrong now, thanks to you guys ^

And the plan was to eat the cacti, fresh.

If 30% of the people who tryed shrooms got a psychosis, this whole forum would be full of Nuttcases :p
This is definitely not the case believe me, if you use it properly there is nothing to fear about.

plz don't believe the bullshit propaganda from the street those are all storys, to scare you, in my opion the safest drugs are psychedelics.
You can't get addicted psychedelics but its real easy to get addicted to cocaine and speed for example, becouse its easy to take becouse it reduces your fear and anxiety (its an easy ride nothing can go wrong so it seems), Psychedelics on the other hand makes you more aware of fear or any other feelings you might encounther in your trip.

There was a report of on the forum somewhere that was a top 20 of most harmfull drugs.

Wuhmhyde

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
25 Juin 2007
really? i'd like to see that list.. Yeah well i suspected those stories to be just bullshit to scare you, but why make it seem so dangerous? i mean whats the point in that?, if it is so amazing..

well either way, i think we're going for mushrooms then.

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Mescalin is tougher on the body and/because you need (much) more for effects than you would need psilocybin.

They have both been used for centuries and can be considered safe (but that doesnt mean you don't need to read/learn up about set/settings/ psychedelic safety et all).

Love/peace
HC

Wuhmhyde

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
25 Juin 2007
Thanks, quite interesting. Makes you wonder what the coke could've done to you ^^

So now, its decided. I'll go for the mushrooms, is there a best set/setting for a first time for us?

what the heck, i guess i can find these answers in some guides around here....

EnCoder

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
21 Juin 2007
I have to say I did it wrong with psychedelics (too much, too often) and now experiment some permanent effects which are not psychotic but quite unpleasant 'though...So be careful ! :wink:

Pinealjerker

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Avr 2007
Don't do cocaine, even if you think it's harmless (it's not). It takes you in the opposite direction mushrooms will take you. If you think cocaine is great, you'll probably hate shrooms. Or stick to a low dose only.

When judging the harmfulness of cocaine, don't just look at its impact on the physical body. Pay special attention to its effects on the mind and ego. That is where cocaine rears it's ugly head.

MindAstronaut

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
10 Juin 2006
EnCoder a dit:
I have to say I did it wrong with psychedelics (too much, too often) and now experiment some permanent effects which are not psychotic but quite unpleasant 'though...So be careful ! :wink:

Your right on that if you use it to often you notice that you get alienated
from the rest society however you call it, only time can heal some of that.
Drugs change to way you think.
Like any other experciene drug wise or not you never be the same person again.

I like shrooming for every 2 months or so.
and variate from subtances thats the best way to do it, imho.

For some good objective drug info check: www.erowid.org

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
I have to say I did it wrong with psychedelics (too much, too often) and now experiment some permanent effects which are not psychotic but quite unpleasant 'though...So be careful !

You shouldnt experiment with permanent side effects dude.

EnCoder

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
21 Juin 2007
Wuhmhyde a dit:
what kind of permanent effects?
irreality feelings, kaleidoscopic patterns on reality, depression...But I have to admit I was kinda depressive before I did psychedelics.

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
EnCoder a dit:
Wuhmhyde a dit:
irreality feelings, kaleidoscopic patterns on reality, depression...But I have to admit I was kinda depressive before I did psychedelics.

Psychedelics can do wonders for depression if you take them with a plan. Without a plan, you are 'just' widening your filters. Do it often enough and your reality filters will be ofbase for a while.

Did you recover completely and are you approaching these plants in a different way now?

Entheonaut

Inscrit
29 Mai 2006
HeartCore a dit:
EnCoder a dit:
Wuhmhyde a dit:

Psychedelics can do wonders for depression if you take them with a plan. Without a plan, you are 'just' widening your filters. Do it often enough and your reality filters will be ofbase for a while.

I agree with HC... Also I like to see it as, psychedelics can provide the power, it is up to you to channel the power into the right direction, without trying to take control. Do it right, and you'll be rewarded. :wink:

Oh yeah, If you ask me, I find mescaline easier to handle on the psyche, but it's heavier on the body. Shrooms is exactly the other way around, but it's really an advantage that shrooms don't make you trip that long.
I'd say shrooms and mescaline are equally good as a psychedelic to start with, but I can understand why most people say shrooms are better for a starter. It's also a little personal.

Wuhmhyde

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
25 Juin 2007
"Don't do cocaine, even if you think it's harmless (it's not). It takes you in the opposite direction mushrooms will take you. If you think cocaine is great, you'll probably hate shrooms."

So since i liked the experience of cocaine, i should not go for the shrooms?