Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Shroom Tea had no effect

Entheonaut

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
29 Mai 2006
Last saturday, Mindastronaut and I went out to trip somewhere outdoors in nature. We made mushroom tea out of 12g Copelandia Cyanescens (Hawaiian) and 30g Psilocybe Cubensis (Columbian).
We boiled water, let it cool down below 70 degrees celcius, added chopped shrooms to the water, waited about an hour (stirred a couple of times). Then we filtered the mushies, and added water again, same procedure. This water was less dark blue as the first, so I figured we should have gotten most of the psilo out of it.
We put the tea (0,75 Liter) in a plastic bottle. I kept in my room one night, and the next day we went out to consume it.

We drank the tea, waited half an hour... 1 hour, 2 hours, nothing happend. We ate alot of chocolat and smoked 3 joints to get anything to happen. But nothing happend.

Now offcourse the main question is: "Why didn't anything happen?"

This is the first time I noticed nothing from mushrooms, so something must be wrong.
We both had empty stomachs and haven't taken psilo for a long time. I have a feeling I know why it didn't work, but I'd rather hear your comments first :wink:.

ProStoner

Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
only thing that I can think of is that the mushrooms might have been 2 old ?
or did u just get them ?
else I don't have a clue :) seems you did everything right

Entheonaut

Inscrit
29 Mai 2006
ProStoner a dit:
only thing that I can think of is that the mushrooms might have been 2 old ?
or did u just get them ?
else I don't have a clue :) seems you did everything right

Bought them the day before we ate them.

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Well....in dried weight, that's only about 2g per head....

Perhaps they just weren't a strong as you had hoped.

that still sucks tho.

Entheonaut

Inscrit
29 Mai 2006
Brewmaster a dit:
Well....in dried weight, that's only about 2g per head....

Perhaps they just weren't a strong as you had hoped.

that still sucks tho.

12 gram of hawaiian gives a stronger trip than 35 grams of Columbian shrooms, they have a higher percentage of psilocybin. In Holland they are both sold as "one portion" of mushrooms. Normally I would definately feel something from "one portion" of mushrooms. Or it must have been that the smartshop we bought them just sold shitty shrooms.

I was thinking that it didn't work because I kept the tea in my room for the night, and that the psilocybin somehow broke down? (I guess my room temperature was at least 22 degrees celcius)

By the way, we're going at it again next saturday, this time we're gonna eat them raw. :wink:

marc

Inscrit
5 Déc 2003
I've once tried to make tea by dropping them in cooled down water, and there was no effect at all.

Now ,I just let my shrooms boil in the water for 20 min on a low fire, and now the effect is super !

JosVU

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Juin 2006
even if there weak they should have some effect...

Guess the chemicals broke apart during night?Or when you repeated the procedure?

This is how I make tea:
Chop shrooms, boil water..
Put a screen in a bowl in this screen you put the chopped shrooms.
Poor the (a little cooled but still hot) water over it and let it soak for a little while(maybe 30minutes) then press al water out the shrooms.
Drink your tea and fasten(or in this case loosen) your seatbelts...

I never repeat this procedure and it works fine with me..

If you dont want to take a risk next time..

Chop the shrooms real fine.. Buy chocolate and eat them both at the same time! No nasty taste and you'd be sure of a psychedelic trip..

Entheonaut

Inscrit
29 Mai 2006
marc a dit:
I've once tried to make tea by dropping them in cooled down water, and there was no effect at all.

Now ,I just let my shrooms boil in the water for 20 min on a low fire, and now the effect is super !

I have also done it that way before, and I also had full effects. I find that strange because I have heard before that psilo breaks down above 69(?) degrees celcius. Is this acually true because I'm starting to doubt it?

JosVU a dit:
Guess the chemicals broke apart during night?Or when you repeated the procedure?

I don't see how adding water again to the filtered mushrooms can brake the chemicals apart :?

JosVU a dit:
If you dont want to take a risk next time..

Chop the shrooms real fine.. Buy chocolate and eat them both at the same time! No nasty taste and you'd be sure of a psychedelic trip..

We also chopped them very fine, And ate the chocolat (but 30 minutes later).

Ah well, maybe next time I'm gonna make sure I have enough mushrooms to blow my mind :mrgreen:

marc

Inscrit
5 Déc 2003
Entheonaut a dit:
I find that strange because I have heard before that psilo breaks down above 69(?) degrees celcius. Is this acually true because I'm starting to doubt it?

The only thing I know it's working just fine for me ! Eating never worked that well, except for the bar of choclate, and an occasional time of eating dried mushrooms.

After making tea the way I've described, I found out the true strength of a mushroomtrip.

JosVU

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Juin 2006
Entheonaut a dit:
JosVU a dit:

I don't see how adding water again to the filtered mushrooms can brake the chemicals apart :?
me neither.. that's just my guess :D i'm no chemist

ProStoner

Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
I think its impossible that they lost ALL their potential over 1 night ??
even from 1 little cubensis u feel something going on when u eat them
atleast I do :)

but what else could it be ? :p some evil spirit ??or good spirit ? that wanted to save you the worst trip of your life maybe ?
I'd almost believe that over other things :p cause they seem just as impossible haha