Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Self-Driving Cars in Major Cities

CosmicKid

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
31 Août 2015
I love living in LA but I'm not so crazy about a 45 - 75 minute drive to get 12 miles. A friend and I were discussing an article about cars of the future, specifically self-driving cars and it got us talking about what life would be like in the city if self-driving cars became common. He was saying people will never give up driving, but I think people would gladly trade in the experience of driving in a metro area for self-driving cars that let them chill on the way to work, drink on the way to the club, or take a nap on the way home. You could even pay like monthly subscriptions and never have to worry about parking. My friend couldn't really come up with any reasons this wouldn't work other than "people enjoy driving." I was curious as to whether there were any other foreseeable reasons self-driving cars would suck? These are the things we talk about when we get stoned LOL

Astwogate

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
27 Sept 2013
It would be expected that selfdriving cars are much safer than normal cars in a place where there is a majority of self-driving cars.
Insurance companies would probably looooooove that and make self-driving a feature that makes your insurance bill much cheaper

CosmicKid

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
31 Août 2015
Astwogate a dit:
It would be expected that selfdriving cars are much safer than normal cars in a place where there is a majority of self-driving cars.
Insurance companies would probably looooooove that and make self-driving a feature that makes your insurance bill much cheaper

I think a rudimentary self-driving feature may already be in some Tesla models but I could be wrong. But I think when all the bugs are worked out, we won't even need to own the car. It will be like self-driving Uber for everyone so you don't even have to pay insurance.

CosmicKid

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
31 Août 2015
Astwogate a dit:
Taxi drivers are an endangered specie
- That would almost make me feel bad for them if one hadn't hit my car and another hadn't ran over my friend's foot as he was getting out of it. :/

worldlad

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
10 Oct 2016
I have a fear of doing driving lessons, so once this kicks in around the UK I'll be happy.

robbert

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
23 Déc 2016
I believe self driving car is the future, you can avoid so many accident and everything being control according to the rules of traffic and road mapping by the system itself. Nobody is going to rush and do a mistake due to the system of traffic already prevent that. I just read about the Tesla car and you can read about that on the net.

robbert

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
23 Déc 2016
Just want to add more facts, since nobody reply yet. I cannot remember exactly what CEO for Tesla car said, but he said, it cannot be accident at all or 99% people will feel safe when all the car or vehicle on road utilized self driving. As long as the system does not collapse or fail or being hacked.