Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Seeing: Part 1 of Learning to Control your Mind

Larzsolice18

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
17 Sept 2011
There are many vital processes of the mind, of which we are not fully aware. For the purposes of this post, I will only concentrate on the concept traditionally referred to as Seeing. Seeing is one of the most vital processes for what we call understanding, because it is to understanding what understanding is to information (as opposed to knowledge, which is the result of experience)
The easiest way to recognise what you’ve Seen is to look back at the last few seconds. You should notice that your physical memory is intact, but there should also be the vague impression that there is ‘another memory,’ parallel in time, with the physical memory. On closer inspection, you will also find that your experience of time in this 'other memory' will have been out of proportion to your physical memory. This is because the ‘other memory’ belongs to Mind-Space, where time is purely relative to how long you need to See something in the context of the physical “now.” If you think back to the past few seconds, and you discover that you have minutes, or even hours, of memories, then you have successfully ‘remembered’ what you have Seen.
An easier and less technical way of understanding what it is like to See, would be to think back on the last time you have “tripped.” It would be next to impossible to describe to someone what you have Seen, because most of it cannot be related to something physical. Instead, it is a ‘flow of knowledge’ form the observed to the observer, and since knowledge is based on experience, we can conclude that Seeing is actually a way of experiencing which is unrelated to, but also gives rise to, physical experience.
Realise that all of us are Seeing, all of the time – it is simply a form of irrational thinking, like Dreaming, or Feeling, or Willing. It is because society has taught us that logic and Reason are all-important that we have learned to ignore our irrational thought processes. In this respect, we must bear in mind that Intelligence is irrational. If we look at the spiral of a shell, for example, or even just a normal circle, we realise that the ratio of the radius to the curve is always an irrational number(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_spiral). This also applies to the spiral of our DNA. If we could measure anything accurately enough, we will realise that all lengths are also irrational, because we cannot find the exact measurement – only a rational approximation.
By Intelligence, I am referring to something other than our ability to think based upon our information(which is, technically speaking, called Reason.) This is that Intelligence which allows our cells to multiply, or which allows the atoms to join in the patterns that they do. Another name for this might be Inherent Intelligence. To the shamans, all of Life exhibits Inherent Intelligence (as atoms also exhibit Inherent Intelligence, they are also considered as being alive.) I am not going to elaborate further on this at this stage, as this post is about Seeing, not Intelligence.
The idea is not to learn how to See – you are already doing it – instead, one must strive to remember it that one can become aware of it. Conversely, one must strive to become aware of it so that one can remember it. Only then can one See at Will.

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I'm not sure I'm understanding the difference of seeing and remembering in understanding?

It was a nice read, but irrational numbers have nothing to do with rationality :)

Mescaline

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Jan 2007
Larzsolice18 a dit:
The easiest way to recognise what you’ve Seen is to look back at the last few seconds. You should notice that your physical memory is intact, but there should also be the vague impression that there is ‘another memory,’ parallel in time, with the physical memory. On closer inspection, you will also find that your experience of time in this 'other memory' will have been out of proportion to your physical memory. This is because the ‘other memory’ belongs to Mind-Space, where time is purely relative to how long you need to See something in the context of the physical “now.” If you think back to the past few seconds, and you discover that you have minutes, or even hours, of memories, then you have successfully ‘remembered’ what you have Seen.

If I understand you correctly (as you use a lot of concepts of which you don't actually seem to give a definition), I wouldn't say that what you call "other memory" has the property of time being relative. To me time appears non-existent in "other memory". I'm assuming what you refer to with "other memory" is memories of feelings, and of other experiences that go beyond the modalities of time and space (which to me seem to be the only aspects of a psychedelic experience that I cannot explain to another person). And as to the following...

Larzsolice18 a dit:
It would be next to impossible to describe to someone what you have Seen, because most of it cannot be related to something physical. Instead, it is a ‘flow of knowledge’ form the observed to the observer, and since knowledge is based on experience, we can conclude that Seeing is actually a way of experiencing which is unrelated to, but also gives rise to, physical experience.

... I wouldn't even say that it is "seeing", but rather what you call Seeing, in this respect, I think of as experiencing in general, opposed to a way of experiencing. Although I suspect you mean the same as you write it with a capital S, but then it still remains unclear to me why you call it "a way of experiencing".

Larzsolice18 a dit:
Realise that all of us are Seeing, all of the time – it is simply a form of irrational thinking, like Dreaming, or Feeling, or Willing. It is because society has taught us that logic and Reason are all-important that we have learned to ignore our irrational thought processes. In this respect, we must bear in mind that Intelligence is irrational.

I think I agree.. Yet, because it seems irrational, one should, in my opinion, not try to reason away the rationality in Seeing. Instead, stop all reasoning altogether, stop thinking... Actually it does not seem to be "stop reasoning" either, instead, to me, it appears more alike not-reasoning or not-thinking. Simply See, Be, Experience. Pure Consciousness.

Larzsolice18 a dit:
The idea is not to learn how to See – you are already doing it

Exactly my point. :)

Larzsolice18 a dit:
Conversely, one must strive to become aware of it so that one can remember it.

Exactly not my point. :lol:

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I think basically what you are saying, lazor, is to become aware of your subconscious mind being in control, and realize that the subconscious mind has a broader understanding of life, where as our rational (new in evolutionary terms) mind is very immature and causes a lot of problems compared to if we just "let things go".