Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Scientists admit ecstasy study was a balls up

Spidi

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
14 Juil 2006
"A major study into ecstasy use, which concluded its use leads to brain damage and Parkinson's disease, has been proven flawed.

The scientists at Johns Hopkins University, in Baltimore, have since discovered they accidentally injected the monkeys being tested with methamphetamine not MDMA (ecstasy).

The mistake only came to light when follow-up tests gave very different results. The scientists responsible for the mix-up will this week publish a retraction."

Link: http://www.mixmag.net/content/scientists-admit-ecstasy-study-was-balls

(I just found this randomly and couldn't find anything else, so if anyone has more on this, please share)

G

Invité
I remember reading a similar study a few years ago.

It was cancelled as well, as the scientist found out the guy in charge mixed MDMA with MDA.

Bastiaan

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
14 Sept 2007
Gee
Well I guess accidents do happen
I bet these scientists are really smart.. :partyman:

Dantediv86

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
poor monkeys, i agree
thank God there are REAL scientists out there!

achilless

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
29 Juil 2006
that's old news.

The sad about is, it that the media coverage was fare larger about the fake result, then about the study being wrong.

peace

Mr.Smith

Banni
Inscrit
28 Jan 2009
"Scientists admit ecstasy study was a balls up"

several members of this forum are living proof of this. most of my peers are living proof of this

i believe that MDMA has done [my] society a lot of good

(i also believe there was an element of social engineering by the UK government. the social unrest, political protesting, riots and football hooliganism of the 1980's was replaced with a more accepting, better balanced social attitude by the early 1990's. the running battles in the streets were replaced with group hugs at the weekend raves.
the 1980's:
)

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
It clearly lifts you up to a higher consciousness and change your perspective.

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
i don't believe for a second they made a honest mistake, it seems to me they just don't want to acknowledge they took the money

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I agree with Mr.Smith . Before the first extacy wave a football match was the reds at on end the blues at the other and mayhem in between . Afterwards it was a multi coloured , multi culti party .

Theres a book out there , that i just looked for on my bookshelf and realised some bastard had permanently borowed without asking , that talked about the same thing and backed it up as well . It was called either "Extacy" or "The book of extacy" and had a psychedelic liquid cover that changed colour when you aplyed preasure to any point on it .

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
Of course the study was crap.

But the social engineering angle is interesting, because a similar thing happened here in the US in the early 90's; many sections of large cities where there were frequently a lot of drive-by type crimes, gangs, turf wars, etc.....all of a sudden stopped when the ecstasy explosion happened, those rates went way, way down......even when I went to prison, I talked to black dudes in there that said the same thing; everyone was a lot happier doing mdma than smoking crack, and a lot of people that were previously fighting were taking a 'live-and-let-live approach'.......if there was an element of social engineering going on, at least the government had a better intent than is their normal one.

A lot of people are quick to criticize x as 'fake' happiness, but I say to them;

Is your DMT any more 'real'?

Is your LSD any more 'real'?

Is your ___________ any more 'real?'

The happiness is something that is just part of the aspect of what mdma 'is', when a human is wrapped around it.

One would think we'd be glad to take some happiness wherever we could get it, given humanitys general nature and overall state of being.

Kratom23

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
9 Juin 2009
I too remember the switch from footie violence to loved up weekend raves. It was the casuals realizing that it was just more fun to dance on e than go stabbin' the hibbes or herrtz or whatever.
Seems now from walking the streets at weekends that alcohol is the drug of choice again for the "youth of today" and the stabbins making an unwelcome return.

"make poverty history, cheaper drugs now!"