Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Scary HBWR experience

Kuma

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
26 Jan 2012
I and the homeowner in this trip report were both fairly experienced. My girlfriend and the other guy were both psychedelic virgins.

A while back I procured a decent amount of hawaiian baby woodrose seeds and got some friends together for a session. Two buddies and my girlfriend joined me. I and my two friends each had between 20 and 25 seeds, my girl had maybe 15. We attempted to grind off the outer layer of the shells, having heard that most of the stomach issues tend to stem from them. We didn't use any method of extraction though, just ground the seeds up and drank them with juice.

We were in a largish home with an excellent home theater but before long most of us were having trouble focusing on movies or music. Everyone but me had to go to the toilet and get sick. My stomach is cast-iron and I never puked, but I wished at the time that I could. It was like having a stomach full of bees that got stirred up any time I moved too much.

Speaking of movement, our lackluster job of preparing the seeds also showed in the bodyweight that everyone suffered. I can clearly recall being on the floor in a hallway at one point, thinking that I could probably move if I wanted, but I couldn't actually bring myself to budge. I was pretty sure it was POSSIBLE to move but I was almost afraid to try and find out I was wrong. After some experimentation it was pretty clear to me that the disassociation/weight was mostly in my head, amplifying the wonky feeling of tripping/being a little poisoned. This was a difficult thing for me to articulate to everyone else, though.

The friend who owned the house eventually wandered into his room alone to cope, and my other friend crashed out on a couch in another room to try and sleep off the general feeling of wonkiness. My girl and I wound up in the same room, on opposite couches. I told her I wanted to try and sleep through some of this overpowered trip and she agreed. I woke up a few hours later to find her crying on the floor between the couches. When I asked her what was wrong she said she couldn't move and hadn't been able to make enough noise to wake me, but was trying to reach me. The body weight had made her crawl and then get stuck, I guess. She was starting to talk about going to the hospital to get checked out and being really worried; nasty stuff. I had gathered her up onto the couch I had been sleeping on, even though it was a bit small for two. She freaked me out pretty bad, I was still tripping y'know, but for her sake I pretended to be fine and told her she was fine, everything was fine. Had to hold her and stroke her hair for quite a while before she stopped crying and went back to sleep. I was able to deliberately keep in mind that I'm experienced and that I'm not doing anything crazy dangerous, so I didn't freak out too. So I was very lucid by this point, maybe 8 or 9 hours in.

The next day everyone was sore and wiped out. We all agreed that perhaps HBWR is too much trouble for the trip, although I have occasionally toyed with the idea of doing a CWE.

The worst part was that the next day I had to take my girl on a 12 hour drive. I felt fucked the whole time...

If you take some of these seeds, you can't let the various discomforts convince you that you're in trouble. It will ruin the whole experience for you. If you can't do that, I suggest you try something a little gentler.

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
You said HBWR then you said 20 seeds. I prepared for the worst :)

HBWR isn't like mushrooms. Can't just take em out of the nature and eat em - but you are aware of that now.

I took 7 and I wanted to go get my stomach flushed.

Kuma

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
26 Jan 2012
Yeah, I didn't know at the time what a rep HBWR had. From past trips, I was trying to talk people into taking smaller amounts; no one ever listens to that because they're worried they won't trip hard enough.

A few more details, in case anyone is interested:

I and the other experienced guy had done HBWR together before but always smaller amounts. (Max of 15 or 20, previous)
Two of the guys involved weighed in excess of 200 lbs, one was around 180, the girl was maybe 120.
A couple of people had alcohol as well, no idea if this made a difference for them.
This was all done without weed or anything else. I've heard that weed makes a huge difference regarding the nausea.