Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

San pedro

Lytheon

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
10 Jan 2003
high all,
Me and a friends bought a 14cm San pedro cactus (costs: 50 euros), at the smartshop they told us that one cactus of this size is enough for 2 trips but at the ******* website i've read that one need 5 a 8 medium sized (10 a 12cm) cacti to have 1 trip, at the erowid site i've read that one needs 400 a 500 grams of fresh material.
Does anyone knows the exact dose for a strong experience?
We want to ingest the cactus the traditional way , by eating it.

Drug_Z is ArT -..-

ratakaberu

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
16 Nov 2002
hey meneer, i need your help... I got some san pedro seeds, and i would like to have some tips from greminating to preparation of definitive soil. How do i germinate, in verm/sand/cocosoil/calcium (33/33/33/1) or is there another way?
some help would be really nice of you.

Lytheon

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
10 Jan 2003
oke , thanks
we haven't dried the cactus allready , we want to keep it growing till this summer vacation and then cut it in pieces , maybe we will drie it in a oven but we prefer to eat it fresh.
Is 1% of a fresh cactus also mescaline containing?
As soon if i know how much the cactus weight i will take my calculator to give it a try http://www.*******.net/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif and that print is also appriciated.

Drug_Z is ArT -..-

ratakaberu

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
16 Nov 2002
Hey meneer, i really need your help on this one. I know you'r the one who knows.

ratakaberu

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
16 Nov 2002
tx a lot meener, now that i read this, i'm gonna pot my seeds today. Nice day today, picked 33grs of tasmanian cubies yummy

ratakaberu

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
16 Nov 2002
hey
My S.Pedro seeds have germinated, i feel lucky to have those new little friends. Just wanted to share this with you guys!
I'll keep you updated.
If i understood well i'm gonna wait until they're 1 inch to transplant them in seperate pots.

ratakaberu

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
16 Nov 2002
oh and i guess the answer to the dose is
You need 35grs of dried cacti to trip. Assuming cacti is 90% water, you need then 350grs of fresh cacti... or am i wrong?
This was just for answering an unanswerd question.

Lytheon

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
10 Jan 2003
oke then ...
The guy who sold the san pedro told us that there is about 1,5 gram of mescaline in the cactus so we can now calculate a good dose, in case the mescaline don't work we have some 2-CB to ingest but that will all hapen in the week between 6 and 13 july.
The parrents of a friend of mine are gone then so we have a house (with bubblebath) for our own, it will be a week of intense tripping and strong hallucinations on several substances http://www.*******.net/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Drug_Z is ArT -..-

H

hansel

Invité
Hi there!
I just received my san pedros(5).What is the best way to prepare and take them and how much should i take? have done som reading but they differ quite alot.
Should the skin be left on. Mix with fruit sallad? make tea? They are about 15-20cm.
Any information about how to proceed would be appreciated..

UncleFester

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
11 Nov 2004
Hi there!
I just received my san pedros(5).What is the best way to prepare and take them and how much should i take? have done som reading but they differ quite alot.
Should the skin be left on. Mix with fruit sallad? make tea? They are about 15-20cm.
Any information about how to proceed would be appreciated..

You can use every part of the plant except the needless and the wooden bit in the middle.

Preferably grow them for a year or two... or untill it has become so tall that it is about to fall over by itself.
Before harvesting stress the plant for a month or two so that it will make more alkaloids (I sugest you read some websites or books about this since you want to stress not destroy your plant).

Now comes the bad bit... consumption.
You will probably need a bit of cactus that is AT LEAST 50cm long and 10cm in diameter (per person).
My experience is that the San Pedro realy is not that potent and that you need to consume lot's of it.

As far as consumption goes... there is no good way, it all tastes horrible.
The best way IMO is to make a (crude) alkaloid extract.
Which can then be put into gell caps and swallowed.

For good info about extracting alkaloids check this site:
http://www.spiritplants.com/articles/DMT.htm
It's actualy about extracting DMT, but the exact same process can be used for all alkaloids.
This site does also explain which household chem's to use and how to build the (easy to make) equipments you need for the process.

For a specific mescaline extraction process go to: http://www.clearwhitelight.org/hatter/extract.htm

With Cacti it is best to freeze, unfreeze, freeze, unfreeze... untill it has become a mushy gunk.
Take the mushy gunk and use it for the extraction process.

good luck.

Snapinho

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
22 Sept 2004
Not quite a mushroom question, but one about growing. I have a San Pedro (don't remember what sub-brand thingie) cactus and it's been growing for over a year. Just recently it's getting very light green at the top.
Is this a good sign or does it mean that there's not enough nutrition in the soil? I know better than to put something like 'pokon' in it but there must be some simple way to improve the quality of the mescalin in there. Right?
Ideas any1? :idontknow:

Muy apreciado! Paz y luz... :sunflower:

R

Ranman200313

Invité
I have in my possesion 3 12 in of cactus. I was wondering first what is the best way to prepare this?
I was planning on despining 18 in of cactus then cutting like a cucumber then bring to a boil and then let simmer over night. Then boil down fluid to drinkable amount. Then drink as much as i can. Then i will eat the cactus from the extraction well half of it probally.

Also i was wondering if i need to wait 3 weeks to do this if the cactus looses any potency, I have to wait 3 weeks for reasons out of my control.

esin

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
1 Nov 2004
This came late, i hope it is still of some use.

Yes, peel and de-spine the cactus. When peeling make sure you only remove the waxy skin, not the green tissue below it which is the most potent part of the cactus.

Than slice it *finely*, as for cucumber salad. Add some distilled water. Cook the mixture for 10minutes @ 15psi in a pressure cooker; filter with cheesecloth or old t-shirt; repeat twice. (total of 3X 10mins @ 15lbs. pressure)
If a pressure cooker isn't available, mix the slices with some water and blend them, than boil 2-3 times for 2-4h each boil.

Combine resultant liquids, boil it down to a drinkable amount. Proceed to drinking it which should be a nasty experience. Wait 3h. Ride the Stimutax :grin:

If it's regular potent cactus 1 12" section should be enough for a medium dose.

A cutting stored in a cool, dry place will keep for many months for both mesc or planting purposes.
I'd advise planting one of the cuttings. In a couple of years you'll have a couple of free doses if you take good care of the plant.

Snapinho

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
22 Sept 2004
man oh man oh man...

i followed this method: http://www.erowid.org/plants/cacti/cacti_preparation5.shtml works alright, but as for the boiling DOWN to a drinkable amount. It'll get a lot thicker and snottier and more horrible the more you boil it down. It is simply the nastiest shit i've ever had to drink... :puke:

esin

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
1 Nov 2004
Heh the infamous elephant snot.

That method is also good. It was the first method i tried.

In my experience one can reduce the tea from a 12"-15" cutting to 250ml and it still be drinkable, provided the juice was well boiled. Sure it gets thick but it's easier to drink than 1 liter of the unreduced stuff IMO.

Snapinho

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
22 Sept 2004
yeah... i guess so :D

but still. it wasn't even enough to really really trip, sadly. it was a lot of fun still, but more like a very dreamy constant mushroom kinda trip (no ups & downs and very positive vibe all the time), trees and plants in the parks did have a sort of 'magical' blanket over them ;)
But next time, well... to drink twice the amount of juice, yugh. Maybe let it boil for a few hours more. Or dry the part beneath the skin, grind it and put it into gelcaps. Although if I think of having to eat 100 caps... doesnt look too appealing either.

Damn! Why is it so hard to find a few 100 mg's of mescalinesulphate!!! :lolwsign:

esin

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
1 Nov 2004
Are you into extractions?

I find making relatively pure mesc HCl crystals from Pedro is damn easy. Easier than extracting DMT (or growing shrooms for that matter).

You just fill an 00 gelcap to the brim with the brownish crystal, eat it and you have a ~400-500mg dose in ya ;)
Only mild nausea the first two hours and than a strong clean ~14h+ trip.