Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Salvia drink

Kitiem3000

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
29 Mar 2005
I know you can eat salvia which seems really gross, but is there any way to make it drinkable? Like a tea or something?

tryptonaut

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I think the mazatec indians also make a kind of tea from the leaves, but I don't know how exactly they consume it because it's only absorbed through the mouth, not in the stomach.

skoeip

Inscrit
19 Nov 2004
they made a drink of 50 big leafs of salvia, of wich they squeezd the juice out and then they drank the stuff slowly. so you need a couple of living plants to make such a drink. but they state that the trip could last over 2 hours so maybe it is worth a try. to bad I can't remember were I read it.

Kitiem3000

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
29 Mar 2005
This was on Sagewisdom;

"A water-based drink made from ground-up fresh leaves is one of the traditional Mazatec ways of using this herb. It requires a lot of leaves and tastes somewhat unpleasant, so this method is seldom used by non-Mazatecs. Salvinorin is very poorly absorbed from the stomach so it requires enormous amounts of leaves to make the drink effective. But it does work, and the effects last longer than from any other method."

I figure you can use an extract instead of a whole lot of leaves. Since it's mostly absorbed in the mouth, you can just keep it in your mouth for 20 seconds or so before finally swallowing it. Should work about the same as eating it then? Now I just need a dosage...

Shroomlady

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
8 Déc 2005
Did anyone here actualy ever tried to drink salvia? I'm really curious, the effect must be very different. Smoking gives a buzz for 5-10 minutes, so drinking must give a much longer effect?

G

Invité
Is it know that drinking Salvia gives a much longer trip than smoking it, but it requires LOTS of leaves to acheive a suitable effect.

Rutger

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
Is that even more then when you just chew the leaves ? Sounds like a waste leaves if you ask me.

Also its only active when its taken up by the saliva so that means you have to have the extract in your mouth for a long time. Sounds pretty nasty to me.

I have seen some Salvia extracts in alchol that were a bit more concentrated so you do not have such a large volume. Never seen then in smarthops in Holland though. There nog legal because in Holland the sale of alcohol containing beverages is stricktly controlled. You could of course make it yourself though.

Dr. Leospace

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
28 Oct 2005
I boiled some salvia leaves with vitamin C (for better absorption) a while ago, but didn't noticed any effects then. I think you really need a lot of leaves, and I probably did not use enough salvia then or the vitamin C just doesn't help.

Anyway it would be interesting to try, maybe I have to put some more salvia plants in the garden.

themoles

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
14 Juil 2005
why would you drink salvia-juice? it's A. a total waste of leaves, B. uneffective (salvinorin is absorbed by the oral mucosa) and C. disgusting in terms of taste. isn't smoking and chewing enough? both will give you distinct trips.

smoking = heavy-very heavy, short lasting
chewing = weak-meditative-heavy, long lasting

G

Invité
Does anyone has a trip report of chewed leaves ? Could be really interesting...

Xochipilli

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
11 Jan 2006
I chewed about 3 gramms of dried salvia leaf for twenty minutes, it works! :lol: it began after 8 min
I had a little trippy effect that also lastet longer, i think 1 to 2 hours. :p
Next time i will try 0,5 g of 20x sublingual, cain´t wait till it´s here!

Shroomlady

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
8 Déc 2005
I just heared that there is a shop in Germany where the sell a kind of liquid Salvia extract. Like a tincture.

You just need 2 or 3 drops and it starts to work.... Well, if I find the adress where you can buy this magical stuff I 'll let you know :D

Xochipilli

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
11 Jan 2006
Shroomlady a dit:
I just heared that there is a shop in Germany where the sell a kind of liquid Salvia extract. Like a tincture.

You just need 2 or 3 drops and it starts to work.... Well, if I find the adress where you can buy this magical stuff I 'll let you know :D
Oh Yes please :p
It ditn´t work the last time with 0,5g 20x Extract :cry:
Maybee i try this! :D

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Chewing salvia is like chewing old teabags. For half an hour. Taste is terrible and effects are minimal. When I smoke, it hits in one hit (with 5x extract). If I chew on the other hand, I have to smoke some more to get to the "real" salvia-I-temporarily-forgot-who-I-and-the-world-were-experience. I was very sensitive to sound and other people's emotions and did experience the burning sensation I usually have in my muscles and ears...
The tincture would be interesting, but dangerous too: if 2 drops is enough, what if you spill a teaspoon on your tongue by accident (know this sounds stupid, but stupid things happen to smart people all the time).

toadlicker

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
1 Fev 2006
i made salvia tea once, the buzz was dull, the taste was enough to gag a maggot out of a gut pile, i only tried about 2 tablespoons of dried leaves b/c i didn't want to over do it, i ended up under doing it for a buzz and over doing it on my stomach, i was sick longer than i was high, maybe if one were to mix it with snuff of chewing tobacco the taste would be covered enough to hold in your mouth for a while, but then you have tobacco mouth (eeeewwwww) anyone tried it analy? i'm not real big on the idea but with somethings it just works best...

toadlicker

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
1 Fev 2006
i found the salvia tinture, www.iamshaman.com has it, go under salvia divin. and click the more button, i think it's on the second or third page...enjoy...oh yeah it's $35 U.S

hi

Banni
Inscrit
24 Déc 2005
Shroomlady a dit:
Did anyone here actualy ever tried to drink salvia? I'm really curious, the effect must be very different. Smoking gives a buzz for 5-10 minutes, so drinking must give a much longer effect?
very nice...
In highschool, i had a friend who ran a science fair experiment with salvia...
To see if those under the influence of salvia were more succeptable to hypnosis...
HE had to make a tea due to the fact it was a science fair experiemtn for school and we couldnt "smoke it"- It was very interesting, although i must say it did not taste goood at all....But i was hypnotizd more easily.
Peace

G

Invité
hi a dit:
Shroomlady a dit:
very nice...
In highschool, i had a friend who ran a science fair experiment with salvia...
To see if those under the influence of salvia were more succeptable to hypnosis...
HE had to make a tea due to the fact it was a science fair experiemtn for school and we couldnt "smoke it"- It was very interesting, although i must say it did not taste goood at all....But i was hypnotizd more easily.
Peace

Hahahaha, I wish we had experiments like that in school :mrgreen:

izmar

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
18 Déc 2004
I was under the impression that the only way to achieve a psychedelic experience with oral administration of Salvia divinorum, is by using the leaf right after it has been picked. It seems that the dried leaf or any tincture or extract of this plant is orally virtually inactive.