Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Salvia, Vaporization, and Temperature

strydyr

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
18 Nov 2006
I've read the conventional wisdom: "Salvia requires a temperature that's too high for vaporizers." But, I'm trying to make sense of some conflicting information.

According to the "Salvia divinorum FAQ" at sagewisdom.org, it would require a temperature of 277C (530F).

According to a lot of other sources, the temperature is much lower, at around 200C (392F). One source ( http://www.vaporizers.ca/herbs.asp ) actually lists 4 vaporizers that (they claim) can reach the required temperature.

Can anyone help me out here? I'd really like to get a vaporizer (for multiple herbs); but, if I'm going to spend several hundred dollars, I want to be sure that Salvia is covered.

Thanks In Advance!

Hyperion1980

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
27 Sept 2006
At home I have 2 ebooks concerning Salvia Divinorum.

I think the information you want is certainly in the ebooks. But the problem is that I am at work right now. I can look in the ebooks or I can send them to you if you like, PM me in case I would forget.

ps. I have read on http://www.meneercactus.nl/mc/salvia/in ... ksmethoden
that vaporizing Salvia can be dangerous.

I have ordered me a torch flame lighter with a huge flame from ebay because a normal lighter and SD 10X doesn't blow me away...

have a naais trip...

strydyr

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
18 Nov 2006
Just thought I'd post my results...

I bought a Vapir One, with a max temperature of 400F.

I wasn't really sure it "worked" until I tried smoking some 5x extract. The results were roughly the same.

I feel like I'm missing something, though... whether vaporizing or smoking, the effects seem comparable to an inhalant -- brief and meaningless.

I haven't sworn it off; but, as of right now, I really don't feel compelled to do it again.

IIDX

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
4 Déc 2006
OK here are my thoughts from all of my readings and experiences.

1. Most vapes probably can't make it high enough. I know my vapir hits 200c which is just around the vaporizing point of all of the THC in marijuana, but apparently won't be high enough to get salvia.

2. I think vaporizing is percieved as more dangerous with salvia because it can be easy to get an enormous hit with a vaporizer due to a few factors. One is the fact that the hits won't make you cough so you can overdo it, the second being that you don't destroy any salvinorin when vaporizing as opposed to burning, which does destroy some. I think this means that if you vaporize a big amount you might just get a huge ass hit and pass out.

3. If you are having trouble with burning extract (note extract, I have no experience with pure leaf) you shuold make sure you are burning it for long enough, and that you have a fairly fine screen in your smoking device to ensure that you can burn it.
I set my salvia (about 0.1g of 20x) on a fine screen in my bong and when I inhale I hold the flame on the salvia the entire time, or at least 5-10 seconds. This seems to have given me great trips. (p.s my point being that you don't need a butane torch with extract, just doing it right with a normal lighter works)