Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Salvia-Related Homemade Bong Question

• Auteur de la discussion tyroflux
  • Date de début
T

tyroflux

Invité
Hello, a friend and I recently bought a 10x Salvia extract from a local shop (this was the lowest concentration they had). We've definitely done our fair share of research about this drug, so we know what we're in for. Both of us are newbies as far as experiences go.

Anyways, on to my question here. :D

The extract is a gram in the form of a fine powder. We're looking to make a basic homemade water bong to smoke it, and have been looking online for instructions and everything (and have been mostly successful--it's your generic soda-bottle bong). One question, though: what should we use for the bowl? It seems like people just stuff the stem full of the herb to be smoked, then suck on the top of the bong as they light the herb to force the smoke through the water and into the top chamber, where it collects until the hit. With the powder-like extract of Salvia that we have, though, we wouldn't be able to do this, since it would just fall through into the water. Obviously, we wouldn't be using much of it, so it's not like it can be stuffed in there. Does anyone have any recommendations for types of bowls that we can use? We just don't understand how we can hold the salvia in the bowl, allow oxygen/the lighter to enter, and force the smoke through the water.

Thanks for all the help, guys--this looks like a really nice site here, so I thought I'd ask. Thanks! :thumsup:

Meduzz

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
i use some dried salvia leaves to put under the extract so it doesn't fall down. if you can't get some, use tobacco or cannabis.

make sure your lighter temperature is high enough to make the compounds leave the extract.

forgetoz

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
26 Nov 2006
You can buy some pipe screens, that's what I did :wink:

T

tyroflux

Invité
Great; thanks a lot for the helpful replies, guys! :respect:

Kwarkfanaat

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
2 Jan 2006
Most pipescreens (if your pipe is large.. don't have much time to read the whole post sorry :x), have too large holes in them. Maybe you can use a combination of such a pipescreen and some large leaves on it.

HF 8)

Maru

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Sept 2006
You can use a piece of a 'metalic web/grid' (sorry don't know the english word) extracted from a kitchen tool used to filtrate infusions (tea).

ophiuchus

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
for making a bowl on a bong you have two options really.
1. you can find a socket wrench socket that is an appropriate size, tape* or hot glue it to the tip of the tube (not the bottle), then put a screen in it. you can find screens in your house most of the time. try unscrewing the very end of a faucet in your house, and there will be a small filtration system with perfect sized screens in it, unless you have a newer system.
2. if you don't have screens on your faucet you can make a bowl entirely from aluminum foil. this is more tricky, unless you are the crafty type, which, you probably are since you are making a bong. anyways, you take a square of aluminum foil about 3 in. by 3 in. if you use metric, this is roughly the length of your thumb. begin to form the foil around your thumb until you reach an appropriate size. now you have a bowl shape. bend the foil back towards the bottom of the bowl (tip of your thumb) so you have a very crude dog bowl shape, (adjust the bowl shape and size to your liking). now fit the foil onto the tube attached to the bottle, with the rim of the bowl up. make sure you fold the extra flaps of foil over instead of crumpling them, now glue the seams where you folded the foil, also glue the bowl to the tube. voila! note that aluminum fumes are linked to alzheimers disease, but this apparatus is just fine for every now and then.
* if tape is used don't waste your time with scotch, i reccomend gaffers tape, or duct tape, (something really sticky)

have fun tripping your nuts off