Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

STRANGE thoughts inbetween awake and sleep state???

BridgeUnder

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
6 Mai 2006
I'm wondering if anyone has these ...
In between being awake and being asleep, I have these illogical thoughts. Then seconds after these weird thoughts, I don't know what I've been thinking?!?!

And another weird thing I have sometimes : sometimes when I'm about to fall asleep, it's as if I'm watching a movie and the output of this movie is sent to my brain, instead of my brain thinking up stuff. I'm actually watching the output of this movie instead of my brain thinking of/fantasizing stuff, it's TOTALLY weird. :?

I have to admit I kinda like this, but I'm wondering whether other people have had this happen to them?

G

Invité
yes, i've had those, but not until 3-4 months ago. before i fall asleep i get some great thoughts, like the understanding of life, or just some great idea to write down, then i think "why haven't i thought of this before?" and it vanishes, and i can't remember a single thing. it is somewhat frustating, and at the same time funny. two days ago i've had it while i was at a line waiting, i was in a complete daydream, then, i needed to give away my cellphone number, and i couldn't remember it, and i've had this number for more than 7 years. then, i began laughing, and arrived at my house. i thought: let me close the windows (they close from outside)...i continued my daydream, and when i "woke up", i was closing my neighbour's window. and then, i thought: "what was i dreaming about ?", and it vanished. and you should see my neighbour's face looking at me, laughing and closing her window.
these thoughts are very nice, but i think they mean something. perhaps is a meditative state or something? i think there's some people here that understand of this business, any help would be appreciated!

BridgeUnder

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
6 Mai 2006
Phew, glad to hear that you have some weird thoughts yourself!
Recently, I've been reading up about OBE and lucid dreams and I wonder whether these experiences fit in this somewhere?

Last night I've been trying to remember some weird thought patterns and I wish I had a thought-recorder as I really had some insightful thoughts ...
Thoughts about seeing a black rectangle when I closed my eyes but after some time, me being able to see behind the rectangle and seeing some math formulas ... I wish I could "put" this thing somewhere ... :(

HomoSapiensFantasio

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
10 Mar 2007
Yea I also have things like this, sometimes very, very frustrating,
you think of things that can make you rich, and very famous,..
(or at least you think)
and then you just forget..
I started practicing on lucid dreaming now, cause maybe it could help..

HomoSapiensFantasio

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
10 Mar 2007
:D Ow and yea BridgeUnder,
I also have the feeling like,
''Why isnt there a Goddamn thing
that can record these dreamstate thoughts''
cause when I'm thinking of these things
I don't want to get up and write them down,
cause I want to think of more,
but everytime I just forget anyway.. damned

btw; wasn't it Albert Einstein who sleeped at least12 hours a day
and did these wonderfull inventions in his dream?

G

Invité
i think that was thomas edison. he had a device to wake him when he was having these thoughs: he grabbed a pair of balls (one in each hand), and when he was almost sleeping, his hands obviously started to lose strength, the balls fell in a metal plate, causing noise and waking him. he would write straight away what he had thought.
i don't know if this works, this kind of thoughts happen when i least expect them!

G

Invité
daytripper a dit:
i think that was thomas edison. he had a device to wake him when he was having these thoughs: he grabbed a pair of balls (one in each hand), and when he was almost sleeping, his hands obviously started to lose strength, the balls fell in a metal plate, causing noise and waking him. he would write straight away what he had thought.
i don't know if this works, this kind of thoughts happen when i least expect them!

Hahaha, it would drive me completely nuts to be woken up everytime I was falling asleep :mrgreen:

alice

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
9 Juil 2003
i make sometimes unconscious poems just when i'm about to fall asleep, and i managed to get to the point when i can write them down (i have a book near my pillow and just write in the dark).
it's the very first state of unconsciesness, still conscious enough to realize it and wake up for a few seconds just to write down the stuff.
love doing that.
it's not happening always, but sometimes i love the poems. i call them 'dream poems'.

here's one:

i'm making an ancient pause on things.
the hunts, even to false mistakes.
have you never seen yellow?
a shadow to dust, wear a wish and kill another.

alice :wink:

silv

Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
alice a dit:
i make sometimes unconscious poems just when i'm about to fall asleep, and i managed to get to the point when i can write them down (i have a book near my pillow and just write in the dark).
it's the very first state of unconsciesness, still conscious enough to realize it and wake up for a few seconds just to write down the stuff.
love doing that.
it's not happening always, but sometimes i love the poems. i call them 'dream poems'.

here's one:

i'm making an ancient pause on things.
the hunts, even to false mistakes.
have you never seen yellow?
a shadow to dust, wear a wish and kill another.

alice :wink:
Feel free to post more, I'm not sure if I like them as they are a bit far-fetched but as you say quite dream like. Do post more!

Soulcatcher

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
I remember one time where i had figured out all the aspects of a new discovery involving electrons.. thats all i can remember.. But i do know it was a great idea! Too bad i snapped out of it when i got a text message or something, and it was all gone..

Entheonaut

Inscrit
29 Mai 2006
I also have some very peculiar experiences when it comes to falling asleep. I even had this yesterday... again.

When I start to fall asleep, I can hear a strange sound, like a zooming/buzzing sound that starts very silently and then it becomes louder and louder. At the same time I have the feeling I'm falling down into the bed. It feels a bit like my soul is being transferred from reality to the dream world.
The strange thing is that I am totally aware of this when it happens. Sometimes the feeling scares me, so I try to get back. But when I try this, my body is totally paralized. It takes all I have to break through this feeling, and after (+/-)10 seconds I get a shock and I am back... awake, heart beating like hell.

Also a strange thing that sometimes happens to me is that I start dreaming with my eyes open... I see my bedroom, and when the dream begins, the room starts to fall apart and changes it's form.

I have been thinking about these experiences alot the last couple of days, and I can't figure out why this seems to happen. I haven't experienced this before in my life. Only the last half year or so.
About a week ago I discovered my grandmother also has this first phenomena I described, but she also can't explain to me why this occurs.

JosVU

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Juin 2006
The falling down feeling is very weird..
I've had this feeling way before my psychedelic journy begon.
In bed, just before I enterd the dream world my physical body felt like it was 20cm above my bed. Every time I realized this I felt.. But the truth is you're in your bed and you only feel like you have fallen...

Kwarkfanaat

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
2 Jan 2006
I have that same feeling very often. It's a bit of a mindfuck. And sometimes makes me sad cause some of the thoughts were pretty nice :lol:

Cheers

Gambite

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
BridgeUnder a dit:
I'm wondering if anyone has these ...
In between being awake and being asleep, I have these illogical thoughts. Then seconds after these weird thoughts, I don't know what I've been thinking?!?!

And another weird thing I have sometimes : sometimes when I'm about to fall asleep, it's as if I'm watching a movie and the output of this movie is sent to my brain, instead of my brain thinking up stuff. I'm actually watching the output of this movie instead of my brain thinking of/fantasizing stuff, it's TOTALLY weird. :?

I have to admit I kinda like this, but I'm wondering whether other people have had this happen to them?

Hahaha so little do you know about your mind and soul.

These thought are perfectly normal you can even start to hear things.
All that happens is that when your mind becomes in a state between awake and asleep you become much more open for thing you normally can't see hear or just wont notice even when the bin there all the time.

The reason why you cant remember the thought is because its not about the thought it self but about the feeling and direction it gave you if you follow it it can lead you in to an conversation between what you think and what you really know. So if you would be able to remember the thought you would totally miss the point.

these thought can go on for a few hours tho most of the time you run in to a dead end and stop after a few min"you can extend it if you train it" ad the end you will end up whit more wisdom then you had before just because you are in a state of awake and sleeping that finally gives your mind a opening to excess the information it needed.

People who smoke weed or use other natural like drugs will experience this more but only when your sober its real.If your high or stoned or tripping then the information is often converted in to some kind of fantasy.

A check on this is easily done because if your stoned and have an idea it seems a foolish idea most of the time when you sober up but the thought you had will give you the same feeling the same reaction as it did when you had it the first time and you will think the same of it.

Do not take this to light for all you thing see and hear has a meaning and is related to your life and contains information you really should pay attention to.

The often are not revealed in a way of clear understanding, so sometimes the turn out to be really weird strange or scary even. But then take comfort in the fact that it is more like an encrypting message then an actual fact.

Greets G.

Edit: JosVU your post worries me if your "floating" experience happens more often you need to put a stop to it or you might end up loosing your self please contact me if so.

IMPORTAND !! some of you refer to thing as going in to another world either dream world or some land you go in to when you under drugs but non of it is fake !!! its still the same world and any thing that happens there will effect you when you come out of it. Brake anything because you dont know what your doing and you can end up in a hospital home living you life like a plant !!!

Monocerotis

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
19 Fev 2007
At least some of these things could be caused by Sleep Paralysis.

I for one regularly "wake up" just before falling asleep because I think what happens is that my body starts to go into paralysis before my mind is fully asleep. My mind then thinks oh shit, where's my muscle control and tries to get to my paralyzed muscles causing me to wake up immediately with a jerk of my limbs.

This happens regularly (multiple times a month) but I've come to know it for what it is and I'm not as startled as I used to be. After this happens I usually fall right asleep (within a couple of minutes).

Entheonaut

Inscrit
29 Mai 2006
Monocerotis a dit:
At least some of these things could be caused by Sleep Paralysis.

I for one regularly "wake up" just before falling asleep because I think what happens is that my body starts to go into paralysis before my mind is fully asleep. My mind then thinks oh shit, where's my muscle control and tries to get to my paralyzed muscles causing me to wake up immediately with a jerk of my limbs.

This happens regularly (multiple times a month) but I've come to know it for what it is and I'm not as startled as I used to be. After this happens I usually fall right asleep (within a couple of minutes).

This is exactly what I experience. I was planning on letting it go, next time it happens again. I'll just have to wait for it to happen :)

Gambite a dit:
IMPORTAND !! some of you refer to thing as going in to another world either dream world or some land you go in to when you under drugs but non of it is fake !!!

When under influence of drugs, the things that you experience don't have to be "fake". It's about the way you interpret the things you experience.

Gambite a dit:
its still the same world and any thing that happens there will effect you when you come out of it.

You call it the same world, but If you are in a different state of mind, the world around you is different right? Isn't that another world? It depends on you definition of "another world". But you are right about it affecting you... Just like everything you experience affects you. You can't ignore it.

Gambite a dit:
Brake anything because you dont know what your doing and you can end up in a hospital home living you life like a plant !!!

It's all about the power of the mind... When using psychedelics, or when dreaming, or even when you're sober( ! ); things can go wrong... I don't believe you'll end up in a hospital that fast, just because you don't know how to act when falling asleep. (but I understand what you mean)

MelT

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
6 Mai 2007
Both the things you're talking about are things that can happen in what's called the 'hypnogogic' or 'hypnopompic' state between waking and sleeping. The inability to move is called (surprise:) 'Sleep Paralysis' and is caused by your body putting a particualr drug into your body to stop you physically acting out your dreams.

Hypnosis is to some extent putting people in a hypnogogic state, because people are very open to suggetsion while they're in it. Also, Sleep Paralysis can come with an assortment of other experiences. Many people who have them will also see people in their bedrooms with them, even sitting on the bed or on the person's chest. The people they see can be vivid, or just a black shape (as in 'Old Hag' experiences) They may also hear imaginary voices, or not remember real people coming into the room to speak to them.

MelT

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
the-great-idea-that-is-suddenly-forgotten thing i have sometimes when i'm stoned and lying in bed.
when sober and going to sleep there are a lot of toughts running trough my brain. i like to compare it to mushrooms when you think about 10 things at the same time and you mess them all up.
the wonder of the human spirit :)

skoeip

Inscrit
19 Nov 2004
just like alice said above I can produce poems and songtexts when I'm about to fall into sleep, the only big diference is that I cant write them down due the sleep paralis at that time. and always a few minutes before falling in sleep i just forget everything I am thinking, and I'm thinking: wtf... ojeah time to sleep, and after a minute I am sleeping. one other strange thing that I sometimes experience is that right before the point where I realy am sleeping my mind begins to "expand" and it contineus to expand. until my mind feels like it is as big as the universe (and even then it is expanding just like the real universe is nonstop expanding :p) this expanding feeling is enjoyable :)

G

Invité
i'm curious about something: how many of you who talk about sleep paralysis have TRIED to move while in this situation ?